Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Just get the mount from the hunt instead
    Just a 1.35% drop chance. Just do it right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If you Need 2.5 Hours for Layer 1 better Stick to idle games.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    If you Need 2.5 Hours for Layer 1 better Stick to idle games.
    rekt

/10 pwnage chars

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    First layer took me like.. An hour? 70 minutes? And I was being slow and methodical.
    The next 7 layers took me on average 40 minutes.

How you spend 2.5 hours in there, I don't get.

But really, just don't do it if you don't like it. It's nor mandatory, there's no special rewards you get.
    Layer 2 is a shit pet, layer 4 is a cosmetic toy, 6 is a title, and 8 is a maw mount. Just get the mount from the hunt instead
    The mount is more or less mandatory and a 1% or so drop chance makes it rather hard to "just get".

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The mount is more or less mandatory and a 1% or so drop chance makes it rather hard to "just get".
    I think "mandatory" is one of the most misused words among wow community tbh...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared layer 7 now, still loving it! Layer 7 was easier than 6 because of the powers and the order I got them. So far I've only died due to DCs, which seems to be caused by a certain animal power, though not that often thankfully..

- - - Updated - - -

Convenience isn't mandatory.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    This reminds me so much of the complainers that couldn't handle the Mage Tower at the start.

Don't worry, time will act as a natural nerf to TC as well.
    Not at all. Mage tower was about the challenge, the difficulty. I'm fine with that. Twisting corridors aren't too hard, they're boring as hell and take too long.

Took me 40 min to clean the first layer. How can you spend 2h30 in there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Convenience isn't mandatory.
    Yes it is. The maw is just not playable without mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    18 floors has too much trash to clear. It's really tedious. Reduce the trash mobs and tune a couple of the wacky bosses, and it will be fun finally.
    Soo. Zerging through it as fast as possible by removing trash and nerfing bosses is fun? Weird.

I'd love a endless mode. I could spend an entire day in here.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I think "mandatory" is one of the most misused words among wow community tbh...
    No, you need the mount to play in the maw. So, mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. The maw is just not playable without mounts.
    So nobody has played in the maw since release except druids? Odd.

I get what you're doing, but those kind of arguments you use here doesn't help your case. Quite the opposite.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Maksymilian View Post
    Twisting Corridors SUX - I completed solo layer 1, didn’t die even once, had still 1400 phantasma (nothing to buy), but it took me 2.5 HOURS.

IS BLIZZARD INSANE?

If I end my work at 16:00, got to home at 17:00, eat and do something, I can start your TWISTING CORRIDORS at 20:00 and maybe - MAYBE - I will finish it at 22:30 and I will can go sleep then.

DON’T YOU HAVE A LIFE?!
    Yes, we already know that they have phones, but what about life?

This is the worst design I have ever seen.
    If I wanted to spend 2.5 hours IN ONE DUNGEON I would be playing WOW CLASSIC not a Shadowlands.

And we can’t even leave Torghast after - let me say - 6th floor, SAVE it (somehow) and finish it later.

No! You have to spend 2.5h with computer beating this boring easy SHIT

And remember - DON’T PEE - becuase in Torghast there are many random effects that can kill you if you will be AFK for 2 minutes.

Hey and what about DISCONNECT on 17th floor?
    Do you imagine that your Internet is offline for 30 minutes, Torghast kicks you out and you have to start it again?

ARE THEY SERIOUS?TWISTING CORRIDORS ARE TOO LONG
    I’m sorry but if it is piss easy as you say it wouldn’t take you 2.5hrs to clear 18 floors. It only takes me maybe a little over an hour on my priest.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Lol as a priest I have no issues navigating the maw. There is a guaranteed outrider just outside of the hub and plenty outriders patrolling the maw that you can temporarily mount for a minute.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    I've been running it with 2-man groups, and layer 1 and 2 both took roughly 2 hours each.

I'm not bothered, but the person I'm running it with is saying that "having to play a video game for 2 hours in a row is insane".

So I don't think this is going to go over well in the long run...

- - - Updated - - -

That would require you to only spend 2 minutes on every floor. I'm not sure I believe anyone who claims it only takes them 40 minutes... Maybe you misread the clock and actually were in there 1 hour 40 minutes?
    Not at all, I just rushed the 2-3 last one because I already had a tons of dps by then. I blinked, invis etc then burst the last boss of each floor. And for the floor 17, I was invulnerable for 1.5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Not at all. Mage tower was about the challenge, the difficulty. I'm fine with that. Twisting corridors aren't too hard, they're boring as hell and take too long.
    The Mage Tower wasn’t challenging. It came down to having the right legendary in some cases (much like Anima Powers), and enough gear. They’re pretty much identical. Mage Tower, like Torghast, was only a challenge for people when it started. Just like Mage Tower, there will be people who probably never clear layer 8 and get the mount and complain about it the whole time as well.

I've been running it with 2-man groups, and layer 1 and 2 both took roughly 2 hours each.

I'm not bothered, but the person I'm running it with is saying that "having to play a video game for 2 hours in a row is insane".

So I don't think this is going to go over well in the long run...

- - - Updated - - -

That would require you to only spend 2 minutes on every floor. I'm not sure I believe anyone who claims it only takes them 40 minutes... Maybe you misread the clock and actually were in there 1 hour 40 minutes?
    Yes, i am actually believing the OP more than these people saying they did it in 40m or just over an hour. Yeah... i don't think they took 3 or 4 minutes on each floor. They are clearly lying, unless they just stealthed through after having good powers.
    Still, that is not representative of what a regular person will take.

no you don't... you absolutely do NOT need a mount to play. I'm soon exalted without needing a mount. If it was mandatory how the fuck would that work?

At least you proved my initial comment though about it being misused, because you sure do misuse it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-01-08 at 01:37 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    no you don't... you absolutely do NOT need a mount to play. I'm soon exalted without needing a mount. If it was mandatory how the fuck would that work?
    You do. It's so boring it's litteraly unplayable.

If people complain it's bad design.

Also, I'm not sure why they veered away from how Twisting Corridors was originally designed.

They could've had it be infinite and just have it remember your progress for next week when you died, and back then also iirc the design intent was to have random cosmetics, mounts, transmogs etc. dropping from the bosses instead of ... gold. The way Twisting Corridors is designed currently is just awfully boring, bad and ridiculously long too. They better change it with the next patch or so...
    By that logic then damn near everything is bad design. Even things that aren’t WoW. People will find a reason to complain about everything as you can’t please everyone.