Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Honestly the leak sounds reasonable as a launch window That is a 6 month wgap between naxx and TBC. Blizzcon is coming next month and would be a perfect springboard to announce TBC Classic along with a beta.

Beta in Feb./March and release in May/June with pre patch somewhere in between actually makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    it has to be only fresh TBC severs where everyone starts off at level#1
    if they did it any other way it would ruin the whole purpose of new/fresh TBC servers.
    cant start at level 60 and think people will not be at 70 is days... whats the point?being 70 in days already doing 70 content is not good.
    TBC severs are not classic want to play classic?then play classic want to play tbc then play tbc = different servers all start from level 1.

with everyone at 1 we are all the same all need gold all need gear everyone is out in the world leveling and pvping!its really great!i know i been on a few private tbc servers and its totally bad ass seeing zones all filled up again.
    actualy everyone fresh lvl 1 would completly go over the spirit of tbc,something they said they want to maintain,so the only way to do it is with transfers

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    actualy everyone fresh lvl 1 would completly go over the spirit of tbc,something they said they want to maintain,so the only way to do it is with transfers
    I certainly don’t agree with the level 1 start (I mean if we are doing fresh, why are you forcing old players to go through 1-60 again, and why would you force players who only want tbc to go through classic when they clearly didn’t want to the first time, worst thing for everyone), BUT just a clean transfer isn’t the most ‘spirit’ of tbc thing either. There’s no solution that will be in the spirit of tbc. The spirit of tbc is that the majority of players weren’t even end level yet, let alone even in raid gear, let alone have epic riding, let alone have nax gear, and let alone have money for epic flying day 1. Even though it’s a silly and dumb thing to do, the most ‘in the spirit of tbc’ thing to do is to nuke half the players stuff so it reflects what actual tbc was. Obviously that’s stupid and will never happen, if they nuke anything then everyone needs it nuked or none. But saying transfers are the most ‘in the spirit of tbc’ doesn’t really work with what we have right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh i wish for Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Meh i wish for Wotlk.
    I could see them doing one for WotLK after TBC. Seems like the trend they're going with. I'd love a WotLK one too.

Does anyone know if there's going to be fresh servers at all or is it just going to be upgrading the current classic servers?

Quote Originally Posted by DerekSQUADOV View Post
    I could see them doing one for WotLK after TBC. Seems like the trend they're going with. I'd love a WotLK one too.

Does anyone know if there's going to be fresh servers at all or is it just going to be upgrading the current classic servers?
    No one outside blizzard knows but my best guess is they'll do both. Fresh servers and copy character servers. That way everyone can get what they want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Combination. They'll let players transfer or copy. They'll also have some fresh TBC servers where everyone starts at level 1.

I do believe they have to maintain some pre-TBC servers. Otherwise...what was the point of Classic? To replace Vanilla yet again? What we don't know is if it'll be up to the players to transfer to those servers, and existing servers progress to TBC. Or the other way around. Probably the first, since I think some sort of consolidation of the Classic playerbase is necessary since so many players will bail on pre-TBC servers.
    Transfer or copy. U mean we got 2 ways? Or is it prediction ?

"Leak"

/thread