Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post

Jesus christ, how did they come up with this?
    Hearthstone devs and their crazy ideas...
    To be fair that card is a duel class card between hunter and demon hunter. Duel Class cards being a big theme of the Scholomance set

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh no. I'm saying that like a Jet or Plane a Mech is a vehicle that can fly. They even have cockpits.

I have no idea how you can consider that biased. Explosives should be to the Tinker what Fel magic is to the Demon Hunter.

Um no, because Overwatch is not Warcraft. We can pull Warcraft concepts and abilities from the Warcraft characters in HotS, but that isn't the case for the Overwatch, Diablo, and Starcraft characters.

Vulpera are the most popular allied race though, so obviously the hate for furries isn't translating into WoW.

In the end, given certain facts for expansion classes the most likely scenario for the racial distribution of the Tinker class would be Goblin/Gnome/Vulpera/Mechagnome. That gives you four races who can all effectively use Goblin technology assets, are all very small so that the mech graphic would look impressive but still be in range of size of playable races, and still align itself with the Tinker concept if Blizzard decides to implement the Tinker claw pack:

So, the Demon Hunter's fel magic is stronger than Warlock's fel magic?

Pulling parallelism from real-life and movies is acceptable but, from other Blizzard games isn't?hypocrisy at its best... All those universes exist within the Nexus. It doesn't mean that Gazlowe's Xplodium Charge: "Place a bomb that deals 155 damage to enemies within the target area" is stronger than Junkrat's RIP-Tire: "RIP-Tire can be reactivated to detonate immediately, knocking nearby enemies back and dealing 720 damage to enemies near the center gradually reduced to 445 to enemies on the edge."

Vulpera are the most popular race in WoW? maybe it was the case in 8.3, when they were added. I remember the hate for them on the forums.

Besides, if a popularity of a race would have affected class/race combinations, Humans would have, probably, been Demon Hunters.

No. The most likely distribution would be Gnomes, Goblins, Dwarves and Mechagnomes. The other Horde races to complement the Alliance ones would be decided by Blizzard, not your own love for furries (that would, probably, be based on lore, not size).

Why are you applying Goblin technology to everyone? clearly, Gnomes, Mechagnomes and Dwarves would use their own technology.

You keep forgetting that larger races can, also, use mechs:

"Siegemaster Mar'tak is an orc located at the Iron Bulwark in Hellfire Citadel. After being defeated during the Hellfire Assault, She pilots the Iron Reaver to show intruders the true power of Gul'dan's Horde."

"Kor'kron Machinists are orcs seen in the Siege of Orgrimmar. Kor'kron Shredders are shredders that are used by Kor'kron Machinists in Siege of Orgrimmar."

So, there's no size limit, like you make it look.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    To be fair that card is a duel class card between hunter and demon hunter. Duel Class cards being a big theme of the Scholomance set
    The following lists the dual-class pairing themes which relate the two classes of a dual-class pairing together:

Druid & Hunter — Beasts

Hunter & Demon Hunter — Hunt

Demon Hunter & Warlock — Fel

Warlock & Priest — Bones

Priest & Paladin — Light

Paladin & Warrior — Honor

Warrior & Rogue — Blades

Rogue & Mage — Tricks

Mage & Shaman — Elements

Shaman & Druid — Nature

Just comes to show you how many classes share their themes, between each other (unlike some here, who are unwilling to see it).
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-08 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the Demon Hunter's fel magic is stronger than Warlock's fel magic?
    Relevance?

Pulling parallelism from real-life and movies is acceptable but, from other Blizzard games isn't?hypocrisy at its best... All those universes exist within the Nexus. It doesn't mean that Gazlowe's Xplodium Charge: "Place a bomb that deals 155 damage to enemies within the target area" is stronger than Junkrat's RIP-Tire: "RIP-Tire can be reactivated to detonate immediately, knocking nearby enemies back and dealing 720 damage to enemies near the center gradually reduced to 445 to enemies on the edge."
    If we're talking about general concepts, sure. You're talking about actual gameplay (damage numbers), and pulling an example from a completely different game that has nothing to do with WoW.

Vulpera are the most popular race in WoW? maybe it was the case in 8.3, when they were added. I remember the hate for them on the forums.
    I said the most popular allied race....

No. The most likely distribution would be Gnomes, Goblins, Dwarves and Mechagnomes. The other Horde races to complement the Alliance ones would be decided by Blizzard, not your own love for furries (that would, probably, be based on lore, not size).
    That would cause a faction imbalance. Again, the previous three expansion classes all had faction balance from the beginning.

Why are you applying Goblin technology to everyone? clearly, Gnomes, Mechagnomes and Dwarves would use their own technology.
    Because Blizzard tends to standardize the abilities, assets, and iconography of a class regardless if lore states that they're supposed to be different. Vindicators, Sunwalkers, Blood Knights, and Paladins would be a prime example of this. Outside of their forms, Druids would be another.

That's not what i meant.

A Light and Void expansion, for example, cannot bring a Light or Void races, as we already have ones (Void elves & Lightforged Draenei). It can only bring a class or, nothing at all.

A Cataclysm 2.0 expansion can, either, bring a dragon race, a dragon class or nothing at all, along with it.

The question is, what would it bring?
    I guess I'm not quite sure why you think anything would be mutually exclusive when we've had no hard rules at all on what a new expansion can bring.

New Races that overlap existing themes? I see no reason why there can't be multiple light and void races. For example, why couldn't a Light and Void expansion add playable Ethereals? Just because they have a connection to the Void? I don't consider Dark Irons having exclusivity on fire themes to prevent a future Fire themed race. I don't really agree with the example you've provided.

Even Gnomes have had a very strong Technology theme to them, and that hasn't made them exclusive to all Technology. We still got Goblins and Mechagnomes, and we could still get more Tech-themed races in the future whether packaged with potential Tinker class or not.

New class or new race? For argument sake why couldn't it be possible for both since Pandaria literally added both in one expansion?Monk and Pandaren came hand in hand, and were very much tied together thematically. I would see this being just as plausible for a 'Cata 2.0' regarding Dragon themes.

I guess I don't understand why you'd consider it an either-or when it's just as possible to have both, if Blizzard really wanted to do it. These restrictions don't exist in my mind, and I'm not quite sure where you're drawing these conclusions from.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-08 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Relevance?

If we're talking about general concepts, sure. You're talking about actual gameplay (damage numbers), and pulling an example from a completely different game that has nothing to do with WoW.

I said the most popular allied race....

That would cause a faction imbalance. Again, the previous three expansion classes all had faction balance from the beginning.

Because Blizzard tends to standardize the abilities, assets, and iconography of a class regardless if lore states that they're supposed to be different. Vindicators, Sunwalkers, Blood Knights, and Paladins would be a prime example of this. Outside of their forms, Druids would be another.
    Really? relevance? You agreed that a Demon Hunter's Rain from Above might be equal to that of a mech's explosives, which means that like the argument between Tinker and Hunter, a Demon Hunter's Fel magic would be stronger than that of a Warlock's because it is fired from the sky.

Of course it is relevant. It's just devastating to your case and you can't cope with it. There's no reason why Blizzard would not apply the same damage relations here, in WoW. The only differences in damage would be 1) nerf/buff patches. 2) nature of an ability - if it is your main damaging ability (like a Warlock's Chaos Bolt) or an execution ability (like a Warrior's execute). There's nothing that would separate the damage otherwise, lore-wise or gameplay-wise.

Hmmm... let's see. Dark Iron Dwarves that players have been asking for years, or a humanoid fox? a body type for Humans that players wanted to be able to customize, or a humanoid fox? the closest thing to Northrend Mechagnomes that players wanted to be, or humanoid foxes? Brown and gray orcs that players wished they could customize their orcs like, or humanoid foxes? Zandalari trolls that have been wildly popular among troll players, or humanoid foxes? better Highborne representation than Night elves with white hair, or humanoid foxes?
    Yes, i don't think Vulpera have been more requested than other allied races. People just wished to play them because they saw they had a male and a female, updated textures and animations and were part of the Horde.

Faction imbalance fixed by your idea of a popular race? no, no ,no... i think Blizzard will act more in line with the lore. If it means Vulpera to them then, alright. At least they would give lore reasons, unlike you. I believe they would give it to more tech-inclined races like the Mag'har and Forsaken. And i don't operate by popularity or size but, actual lore.

That doesn't mean everything would be Goblin tech. It would, most likely, be Goblin and Gnomish tech. and Gnomish tech doesn't, necessarily, use claw pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I guess I'm not quite sure why you think anything would be mutually exclusive when we've had no hard rules at all on what a new expansion can bring.

New Races that overlap existing themes? I see no reason why there can't be multiple light and void races. For example, why couldn't a Light and Void expansion add playable Ethereals? Just because they have a connection to the Void? I don't consider Dark Irons having exclusivity on fire themes to prevent a future Fire themed race. I don't really agree with the example you've provided.

Even Gnomes have had a very strong Technology theme to them, and that hasn't made them exclusive to all Technology. We still got Goblins and Mechagnomes, and we could still get more Tech-themed races in the future whether packaged with potential Tinker class or not.

New class or new race? For argument sake why couldn't it be possible for both since Pandaria literally added both in one expansion?Monk and Pandaren came hand in hand, and were very much tied together thematically. I would see this being just as plausible for a 'Cata 2.0' regarding Dragon themes.

I guess I don't understand why you'd consider it an either-or when it's just as possible to have both, if Blizzard really wanted to do it. These restrictions don't exist in my mind, and I'm not quite sure where you're drawing these conclusions from.
    You're right.

I, myself, advocate for playable Ethereals and totally forgot about them
    Personally, i don't think it would be Void Ethereals but, regular Ethereals (as the names kinda overlap) but, who knows...

A "light" race would be Calia's undead race but, other than Calia, i don't think the other members would be infused with the light.

Damn... i forgot about the Pandaren Monk situation, as well
    It could, definitely, happen as well. If the Dragon race would be neutral, like the Pandaren.

If we hypothesize, the Black Dragonflight allied with the Dark Horde in Warcraft II and the Red Dragonflight was subjugated by the Orcs. I wonder if it would give them any credit to be Horde.
    The Alliance have Night elves and their connections to Ysera, and the Anduin-Wrathion romance.
    By the way, Wrathion was in the Alliance Allied Races embassy in the Beta for Battle for Azeroth, or something like that. I wonder if it was predicting something...
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-08 at 07:17 PM.

I see no reason why there can't be multiple light and void races.
    Just to add to this, aren't both the draenei and the lightforged draenei "light" races? Both are quite centered around the Light and the Naaru.

If we hypothesize, the Black Dragonflight allied with the Dark Horde in Warcraft II and the Red Dragonflight was subjugated by the Orcs. I wonder if it would give them any credit to be Horde.
    The Alliance have Night elves and their connections to Ysera, and the Anduin-Wrathion romance.
    By the way, Wrathion was in the Alliance Allied Races embassy in the Beta for Battle for Azeroth, or something like that. I wonder if it was predicting something...

Well anything to do with the 'old Horde' is all but gone. Blood Elves joining the Horde already shows the precedent that Thrall's Horde is not being associated with the 'Dark' Horde that came before. But I do see the concern for any future race joining the Horde considering how the past two Warchiefs ended up spiraling the world into global wars. Honestly, I don't know why *any* race would join the Horde given their shaky leadership history :P

I think that a Dragon-race based Dragonsworn class would make sense, but my personal thoughts are that I think a Dragonsworn should be a Mortal race that is simply blessed/gifted/imbued with Draconic power, to the point where they can even take up a Dragon form.

My personal fan idea would involve Wrathion creating an 'Infinity gauntlet' out of shards of the Demon Soul and empowering it with the Gem-infused souls of Dragons. He would grant this relic to a personal Champion to be the new Guardian (ala Medivh) of Azeroth. Lore-wise, Wrathion already tried this by making Garrosh be the champion who unites the world against the Legion; but he failed due to Garrosh's power hunger, hatred and arrogance. Wrathion's new idea involves choosing a champion who is pure of heart over being strong of will; like finding his 'Captain America'. The Souls of the Dragons would also remain sentient, and would only grant power to someone they considered worthy; thus the champion is 'Dragonsworn' to the bound Dragons. The idea is that the Dragonflights are bound to protect Azeroth, whereas a mortal champion with this artifact could use their power and take the fight beyond Azeroth.

The Souls would be Dragons that made great sacrifices to protect Azeroth. Eranikus the Green Dragon is already in a Gem from the Sunken Temple vanilla quests. Tarecgosa is imbued in Dragonwrath, the legendary staff from Cata. Vaelstrasz or Korialstrasz's dragon spirits being brought back into the lore, and Soridormi is fated to die at some point from the pre-WoD questline. Two faction champion Dragonsworn NPCs would be the two orphans from Childrens Week; Dornaa and Salandria, all grown up. We know they were both 'fated for great things' and have a keen interest in Dragons, so being the first Dragonsworn could be that connection.

As an added twist, these Dragonsworn are *not* affiliated with the Dragonflights, like people expect them to be. They are using an artifact created from the shards of the Dragon Soul/Demon Soul, and the Dragonflights would oppose Wrathion's plan to place it in the hands of any Mortal. Instead they're seen as Renegades with the potential for great destruction, much like Garrosh and Sylvanas if they had such power. As a Dragonsworn, you would be affiliated as Wrathion's champions, much like how Death Knights are considered the champions of the Lich King.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-08 at 08:28 PM.

Well anything to do with the 'old Horde' is all but gone. Blood Elves joining the Horde already shows the precedent that Thrall's Horde is not being associated with the 'Dark' Horde that came before. But I do see the concern for any future race joining the Horde considering how the past two Warchiefs ended up spiraling the world into global wars. Honestly, I don't know why *any* race would join the Horde given their shaky leadership history :P

I think that a Dragon-race based Dragonsworn class would make sense, but my personal thoughts are that I think a Dragonsworn should be a Mortal race that is simply blessed/gifted/imbued with Draconic power, to the point where they can even take up a Dragon form.

My personal fan idea would involve Wrathion creating an 'Infinity gauntlet' out of shards of the Demon Soul and empowering it with the Gem-infused souls of Dragons. He would grant this relic to a personal Champion to be the new Guardian (ala Medivh) of Azeroth. Lore-wise, Wrathion already tried this by making Garrosh be the champion who unites the world against the Legion; but he failed due to Garrosh's power hunger, hatred and arrogance. Wrathion's new idea involves choosing a champion who is pure of heart over being strong of will; like finding his 'Captain America'. The Souls of the Dragons would also remain sentient, and would only grant power to someone they considered worthy; thus the champion is 'Dragonsworn' to the bound Dragons. The idea is that the Dragonflights are bound to protect Azeroth, whereas a mortal champion with this artifact could use their power and take the fight beyond Azeroth.

The Souls would be Dragons that made great sacrifices to protect Azeroth. Eranikus the Green Dragon is already in a Gem from the Sunken Temple vanilla quests. Tarecgosa is imbued in Dragonwrath, the legendary staff from Cata. Vaelstrasz or Korialstrasz's dragon spirits being brought back into the lore, and Soridormi is fated to die at some point from the Childrens Week questlines. Speaking of which, the two faction champion Dragonsworn NPCs would be the two orphans from this questline; Dornaa and Salandria, all grown up. We know they were both 'fated for great things' and have a keen interest in Dragons, so being the first Dragonsworn could be that connection.

As an added twist, these Dragonsworn are *not* affiliated with the Dragonflights, like people expect them to be. They are using an artifact created from the shards of the Dragon Soul/Demon Soul, and the Dragonflights would oppose Wrathion's plan to place it in the hands of any Mortal. Instead they're seen as Renegades with the potential for great destruction, much like Garrosh and Sylvanas if they had such power. As a Dragonsworn, you would be affiliated as Wrathion's champions, much like how Death Knights are considered the champions of the Lich King.
    But, giving a gauntlet to a Champion does not make a class widespread. It makes the player unique, again (Zzzz...), as is the case with Artifacts.

To train every common joe in the arts of the Dragonsworn doesn't require something grandious and special but, rather something that everyone can earn.

But, giving a gauntlet to a Champion does not make a class widespread. It makes the player unique, again (Zzzz...), as is the case with Artifacts.

To train every common joe in the arts of the Dragonsworn doesn't require something grandious and special but, rather something that everyone can earn.
    The artifact is more of a macguffin than anything, like how Death Knights are all about Runeforging and how their entire resource system was based on Runes and Runic Power. Or how Demon Hunters got granted their powers tying in some demonic ritual shenanigans. It's a means to explain why a Mortal would have access to every dragonflight's powers. In my mind, most Spec-based Dragonsworn ideas aren't really able to explain how a mortal has access to Green Dragon powers and swap it for Red Dragon powers just because they decided to spec into it. All mortal servants of Dragons tend to serve just one flight, and there's very few examples of servants that are blessed by multiple (beyond temporary means).

The idea of the artifact is just a macguffin to tie in a mortal champion to the cause. I avoided having it simply be imbuing them with power or making it a 'blessing' because lore-wise, there's no reason why this couldn't be just done to an existing class either. Why not just have powerful Shamans and Mages who are already in good terms with the Dragonflights become Dragonsworn? That's why I think it *shouldn't* be something any common joe in the arts can simply train in. There would be more to it in terms of gaining the favour of the Dragon souls, and proving worth. It's not something just anyone would be able to achieve. The Death Knight is about imbued power and redemption, the Demon Hunter is about ritual sacrifice for power, the Dragonsworn here would be about proving their worthiness and 'Bind' themselves to the power. Not just an oath of words, but an oath of the heart.

And Dragonsworn IMO should be elevated as a Hero class, because in my mind it wouldn't make sense starting from Exiles Reach with powers so great. I think Draconic power should be regarded on the level of Death Knights and Demon Hunters in the lore. I mean, even the alternative to this is literally *being* a Dragon that chooses to take up mortal forms/attributes; that's still well within reason to consider it a Hero class (or even Hero race, if they'd go that far).

Also, a class doesn't need to be widespread. Player representation in game and lore representation don't have to line up; otherwise the Horde is literally 40% comprised of Blood Elves and would be reflected as such in lore. Demon Hunters in the lore are a relatively small and exclusive group, and that's how Dragonsworn can be depicted in the same way. It's the collective of Wrathion's Champions.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-08 at 09:15 PM.

The artifact is more of a macguffin than anything, like how Death Knights are all about Runeforging and how their entire resource system was based on Runes and Runic Power. Or how Demon Hunters got granted their powers tying in some demonic ritual shenanigans. It's a means to explain why a Mortal would have access to every dragonflight's powers. In my mind, most Spec-based Dragonsworn ideas aren't really able to explain how a mortal has access to Green Dragon powers and swap it for Red Dragon powers just because they decided to spec into it. All mortal servants of Dragons tend to serve just one flight, and there's very few examples of servants that are blessed by multiple (beyond temporary means).

The idea of the artifact is just a macguffin to tie in a mortal champion to the cause. I avoided having it simply be imbuing them with power or making it a 'blessing' because lore-wise, there's no reason why this couldn't be just done to an existing class either. Why not just have powerful Shamans and Mages who are already in good terms with the Dragonflights become Dragonsworn? That's why I think it *shouldn't* be something any common joe in the arts can simply train in. There would be more to it in terms of gaining the favour of the Dragon souls, and proving worth. It's not something just anyone would be able to achieve.

And Dragonsworn IMO should be elevated as a Hero class, because in my mind it wouldn't make sense starting from Exiles Reach with powers so great. I think Draconic power should be regarded on the level of Death Knights and Demon Hunters in the lore. I mean, even the alternative to this is literally *being* a Dragon that chooses to take up mortal forms/attributes; that's still well within reason to consider it a Hero class (or even Hero race, if they'd go that far).
    Changing servitude to a different Dragonflight is like a Priest changing from Holy to Shadow, or your character changing from one covenant to another. There doesn't need to be much of a lore explanation, as it would be a gameplay mechanic.

I don't know. If we have a Pandaren-Monk situation, can it be a Hero class? given that we just received one in Legion.

I do agree that being a Dragon is much more awe-inspiring than a martial artist, though.

I don't know about all the Marvel influence people have here on the forums, for some reason. I think you should stick to existing lore:

"Such devotees dedicate their lives to the protection and service of their dragonflights and reap the benefits of the great knowledge and power that their draconic masters share."

"A patron dragon, who will train the dragonsworn throughout her career, must select the dragonsworn."

"Each dragonflight treats its dragonsworn differently, and grants them slightly different boons for their service. The patron dragon for a dragonsworn of the bronze dragonflight might give a faithful disciple a relic from the War of the Ancients, whereas a dragonsworn of Nefarian might be taught the basics of how to manipulate the deadly power of shadow flame."

"Traditionally, the most well-known dragonsworn are druids in service of Ysera; that is not to say that all druids who walked the Emerald Dream were chosen to serve the green dragonflight, but many were taken into Ysera’s service in the thousands of years they slept. Most of the typical servants of each flight have an occupation that matches the interests of the flight: Blue dragons favor talented magi, but a trustworthy priest or paladin might also gain their interest. Of course, some people are chosen simply for their dedication — while the bronze dragonflight may not have any particular tie to a warrior, he might impress with his strength and loyalty."

That would imply on, either, a covenant situation like we have in Shadowlands or, a Death Knight situation ("abandoning" previous path for a new one).
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-08 at 09:26 PM.

Changing servitude to a different Dragonflight is like a Priest changing from Holy to Shadow, or your character changing from one covenant to another. There doesn't need to be much of a lore explanation, as it would be a gameplay mechanic.
    I think I can agree with this. I was just trying to put a spin on the lore to make more sense of it, at least in my mind

I don't know about all the Marvel influence people have here on the forums, for some reason. I think you should stick to existing lore:
    The Marvel examples are just my way of explaining it in laymans terms. In terms of actual lore, everything is already there and all I've done is string together different plot elements.

- The Guardians of Tirisfal were Mortals that were able to channel the collective powers of entire groups of Magi. They used this power to fight external threats to the world.
    - A Guardian's powers and title can be passed down/transferred
    - The Dragon Soul/Demon Soul was an artifact that contained the powers of 4 Dragonflights. This was the 'One Ring' of Warcraft.
    - Mortals like Nekros and Thrall were able to use the power of the Dragon Soul. Thrall was even a fan front-runner to become Aspect of the Earth.
    - Dragon Souls can be imbued in artifacts in the lore. Eranikus' soul is already in a Gem trinket, Tarecgosa is already bound in Dragonwrath legendary staff
    - Wrathion's sole motivation is to protect Azeroth, and he's a 'any means necessary' sort of guy

As for the Dragonsworn lore that you're pulling from, unfortunately it's from the Pen and Paper RPGs that are not truly canonized. I think it's also considered a Prestige class in the RPG, design as a 'Class enhancement' that lets your core RPG class have Dragon breath attacks and stuff like that. I don't have Dark Factions with me right now to confirm.

That would imply on, either, a covenant situation like we have in Shadowlands or, a Death Knight situation ("abandoning" previous path for a new one).
    I agree here. The other possibility could be to make Covenants out of the Dragonflights and just treat it all like Shadowlands. I can totally see Blizzard doing this too if they deem the Covenant system successful enough.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-08 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound, awfully, like Teriz.
    A Dark Ranger is a one spec. That's why i devised to combine it with Priestess of the Moon and Sea Witch, for a whole 3-specced class.
    He and I are very much not the same person if that's what you are thinking. We've had long disagreements on how Tinkers would be implemented for example (limited races vs. most races, how specs would look, etc).

Beyond that though, I had not realized you were in that post trying to tie Priestess of the Moon & Sea Witch in for a full class. Those just looked like sample class ideas, especially with Warden shown right below them. Thinking on them, I'm not really sure I see any sort of connecting thread between the three, especially Sea Witch. Even Dark Ranger and Priestess of the Moon/Night Warrior feel very different within their source of power (Shadow vs. Elune). I'm still not sure what that would actually be class-wise with those three specs together. Tinker specs all have a common thread (Mechanization), Dragonsworn have a common thread (Dragonflights)...I'm not sure I see that common thread with your three specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? relevance? You agreed that a Demon Hunter's Rain from Above might be equal to that of a mech's explosives, which means that like the argument between Tinker and Hunter, a Demon Hunter's Fel magic would be stronger than that of a Warlock's because it is fired from the sky.
    Nope. Again in the case of Hunters versus Tinkers, it’s hand thrown versus launched by vehicle. Warlocks and Demon Hunters really have nothing to do with that comparison.

Hmmm... let's see. Dark Iron Dwarves that players have been asking for years, or a humanoid fox? a body type for Humans that players wanted to be able to customize, or a humanoid fox? the closest thing to Northrend Mechagnomes that players wanted to be, or humanoid foxes? Brown and gray orcs that players wished they could customize their orcs like, or humanoid foxes? Zandalari trolls that have been wildly popular among troll players, or humanoid foxes? better Highborne representation than Night elves with white hair, or humanoid foxes?
    Yes, i don't think Vulpera have been more requested than other allied races. People just wished to play them because they saw they had a male and a female, updated textures and animations and were part of the Horde.
    All of that is rather irrelevant. The point is that Vulpera are the most popular allied race, and its inclusion into the Tinker class continues the concept of smaller races using tech, and helps offset any “popularity issues.

That doesn't mean everything would be Goblin tech. It would, most likely, be Goblin and Gnomish tech. and Gnomish tech doesn't, necessarily, use claw pack.
    Blizzard would simply adopt a claw pack design for a given race, much like Druid forms. Same abilities, different claw pack and mech for each race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    There is zero irony, though. It is, indeed, a fact that the bard concept can be used as a viable class in WoW.
    So could a Butcher, a Baker, or a Candlestick Maker, if they were so inclined, so the above is a non-statement. Anything could be made into a class.

But I wouldn't find those to be appropriate additions, either.
    Last edited by draugril; 2021-01-08 at 10:48 PM.

Bards are the class WoW needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    How exactly?

Howso, aside from the musical theme?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Howso, aside from the musical theme?
    Because it would be really fun to play and unique. There are all these sonic damage attacks we see NPCs use, but the player has no access to. Plus, there would be no overlap in theme. All new.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    So could a Butcher, a Baker, or a Candlestick Maker, if they were so inclined, so the above is a non-statement. Anything could be made into a class.

But I wouldn't find those to be appropriate additions, either.
    That's not the argument. You're claiming bards cannot be added to the game and still be "bards" because you subscribe to this erroneous idea that "bards have to be support otherwise they're not bards". The bard concept can be made into a playable class within WoW using the game's "holy trinity" of class design, and still be a bard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it would be really fun to play and unique. There are all these sonic damage attacks we see NPCs use, but the player has no access to. Plus, there would be no overlap in theme. All new.
    What makes “sonic damage” or sonic magic any different from other forms of magic?