Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Click....the.....damn.....portal

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get people to help open a closet via clicking on the portal. I mean, you're opening it to help THEM TOO! Sheesh.

Like, do they not see it, do all 5-20 people just assume that someone else will click it, for 2 mins while no one else does? Do they assume we drop portals for fun?

Oh, and good luck getting people to sign up for the Doom Portal!

Ok, got my Friday rant out

Carry on!

Cheers

I have a macro which asks people to help when I cast it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I have a macro which asks people to help when I cast it.
    Good idea!!!

I think the portal needs a new sound. I run to raid myself then watch something on my other monitor while the raid fills, and I never notice a lock trying to open a closet until I see the blue party chat pop up.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am sure this is the right place to get more people to click the portal....I mean..we all eat Mythic+15 for breakfast and cleared Twisted Corridors facerolling. So we know to click the portal ^^
    You'd think so!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I think the portal needs a new sound. I run to raid myself then watch something on my other monitor while the raid fills, and I never notice a lock trying to open a closet until I see the blue party chat pop up.
    This is what I mean. Innocent and honest issue, but wish it would get better.

in my experience pugs click it when the raid leader calls for it, but not when a lock just does it on his own.

most of the time the reason i don't click it is because i am alt tabbed, which is usually when the raid is still forming.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-01-08 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want people to click the doomguard portal, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    I just want people to click the doomguard portal, personally.
    AMEN! But, not only do they have to CLICK...they have to STAND STILL until THREE other people do the same thing. It's so simple, yet so hard.

I've started dropping ritual of doom in the middle of a soulwell, besides from the red glow it hides pretty well. It's much easier to get 4 "volunteers" to cast it that way

I always help with summons...

but I also really hate it when people just don't make it on their own there, like why the fuck waste everyone's time by sitting in oribos?

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am sure this is the right place to get more people to click the portal....I mean..we all eat Mythic+15 for breakfast and cleared Twisted Corridors facerolling. So we know to click the portal ^^

Awesome...so this thread did serve a purpose. Guess macros to request assistance are so 2008 or whatnot that OP couldn't think of that but rather rant.

next up: "People don't click the portal though I have a macro telling them"
    God i would love it, if you ccould take just ONE god damn week of off MMO-C. All you do is attacking people who don't have the same mind set as you.

please for the love of god, get down from you pedestal and stop acting like an a-hole in 90% of your post
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    God i would love it, if you ccould take just ONE god damn week of off MMO-C. All you do is attacking people who don't have the same mind set as you.

please for the love of god, get down from you pedestal and stop acting like an a-hole in 90% of your post
    It's the only way he can feel like he matters though.
    He still doesn't,but at least it feels like he does to him

I feel like it would feel better and be more fun if it only required the one person to create Warlock Ritual of Summoning closets and only required one person using it or other Summoning Stones to send out summons. Requiring other people is a pain and feels incredibly antiquated nowadays especially when other games have much better fast-travel systems. It wastes everyone's time when people aren't willing to go to the stones and closets to help get everyone going and get the action started in whatever group content you're doing, but especially considering how lazy people are in doing these things I often think to myself removing Mass Summon from guilds for outside dungeons was a mistake. Getting groups to a location to do content together in an MMO shouldn't be a chore. It only gets in the way of cooperative content. The faster groups can be brought to a place the less likely as well a group may fall apart before things even start, as well, as rare as that is. I think it would also just in general be a more positive experience in terms of just reinforcing how useful Warlocks are if they themselves can just initiate group summons and it didn't need more than half of a group to get this one class feature to work in the first place. It really feels like it takes agency and power away from the Warlock that they can't just do it themselves. And especially considering the theme of Warlock magic - summoning demons is a cakewalk apparently, but summoning people who are willing should be easier straight up. I definitely think it's time they rethought Summoning Stones and Ritual of Summoning closets to have less roadblocks and be easier to use in a game environment that is supposed to foster group play.

While the raid is still forming I'm looking at discord or watching something else or making sure my macros/keybinds/talents/gear setup is correct. I'm not sitting there looking to see if a warlock is making a portal.

Honestly, blizzard should just do what ESO does and let you teleport to party leader/nearest teleport stone to him. Why are they making it harder for people to play with each other?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I always help with summons...

but I also really hate it when people just don't make it on their own there, like why the fuck waste everyone's time by sitting in oribos?
    Why waste the gold on the flight path when they might have been in the process of summoning you anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    While the raid is still forming I'm looking at discord or watching something else or making sure my macros/keybinds/talents/gear setup is correct. I'm not sitting there looking to see if a warlock is making a portal.

Honestly, blizzard should just do what ESO does and let you teleport to party leader/nearest teleport stone to him. Why are they making it harder for people to play with each other?

- - - Updated - - -

Why waste the gold on the flight path when they might have been in the process of summoning you anyway?
    The feature existed in Cata. And while I don't know the reason Blizzard gave for removing it, I'm glad they did. It was just ridiculous to summon entire raids into enemy capitals or be able to basically teleport anywhere by just finding someone in that zone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    The feature existed in Cata. And while I don't know the reason Blizzard gave for removing it, I'm glad they did. It was just ridiculous to summon entire raids into enemy capitals or be able to basically teleport anywhere by just finding someone in that zone.
    Why is this ridiculous? Warlocks can still backdoor entire raids in capitals right now, anyway. It's not like the functionality to do this isn't there, it just takes longer and is more a pain in the butt for anyone who actually wants to do any kind of large mult-person activity in an MMO. Why are the faction leaders even there able to be killed if they're not meant to be killed? If the capitals are really meant to not be raided and there not meant to be world PvP in any aspect - why aren't capitals then just Sanctuaries? Also, now with War Mode it seems less and less relevant to have the excuse of PvP for this, because people can opt out of War Mode now and wouldn't be camped in their own capitals anymore if that's the concern. If the concern is just for NPCs getting killed -- making the NPCs unable to be brought into combat fixes that problem as well, doesn't it? It doesn't seem to me like PvP itself is the issue here for Mass Summons, it just requires a more creative solution. As for having people teleport to just anyone else in a random zone - doesn't that just encourage people to, I dunno, maybe play together or something? Doesn't that seem like a boon of people interacting with each other? Isn't it worse if players just sit silently on griffons or wyverns and just auto-path places? Isn't it better if they actually get to interact with a friendly Warlock who summons them someplace and get to think, "well hey that Warlock is a cool person, maybe I'll help them out, maybe I'll tip them, maybe I'll invite them to my guild, maybe we'll do some quests together."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helterskeltr View Post
    I've started dropping ritual of doom in the middle of a soulwell, besides from the red glow it hides pretty well. It's much easier to get 4 "volunteers" to cast it that way
    How delightfully wicked :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulcreep View Post
    Do they assume we drop portals for fun?
    You don't? As a Mage we drop portals for fun all the time. I'll even put a portal on your closet just to cause a little chaos.

Amen lock-sister.

Whenever I raid with my guild, we end up 7-10 min late since nobody helps med out.

Also: if my gates could save a life; you bet nobody would ever consider using them.
    Not Even to skip a few yards when walking after a wipe, haha.

Edith: but clicking a trolling-portal made by a mage: always someone

As a warlock, its annoying.