Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by avx81 View Post
    Some of the best Azerite gear and trinkets by a mile came from the raid. So strong that they were still used 1-2 tiers later and cosmetics you could only get from the raid. Most of the top key pushers were using azerite and trinkets from the raid. There was raid specific traits that were very powerful and in a lot of cases had your BiS loadout.
    yeah, but i'd prefer tier sets over everything else. Trinkets and weapons can be cool, but tier sets add flavor to every patch for every spec in the game. It changes things up. I switched to feral in Antorus solely because of the tier sets and that is just one example. I would definitely play different specs depending on the released tier sets. I wouldn't change specs for a tier only based on trinkets. Gameplay changing tier sets along with cool trinkets is the ideal situation

...No? The game was that way for years, and should be again.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they do something, but it has to be elegant. Raiding sets should absolutely be useable in M+, and the sets should probably be deactivated in PvP, unless there is a powerful deterrent in PvP that makes it not a great idea to wear tier gear. Otherwise power exists that's solely from raiding, and you pretty much have to do raids in order to get budget that's free from the sets.

You could quite literally copy how PvP works with conquest, except rewarding currency for completing dungeons, with higher level dungeons rewarding more. Only six pieces of gear can be bought like this, and they all have two and four piece bonuses. They could finally tie achievements to unlocking the sets, meaning that you can't physically purchase those items unless you have both the currency, and the required keys done in time. How the currency works, or how it's awarded is entirely up in the air (personally, just completing dungeons could give this currency, as something people can work towards overtime).

It would look something like this, using the current system.

Completing all 5s - 194 (LFR)
    Completing all 10s - 200 (normal)
    Completing all 15s - 213 (heroic)
    Completing all 18s - 226 (mythic)

It's a bit different than Azerite because Azerite in my opinion was very RNG, and you can actually pick what you want. Azerite also came in the form of weekly currency dumps usually, whereas something like this could be something you slowly work towards by doing dungeons (sort of like doing any PvP activity for honor). This type of system doesn't have to be unique to M+ either, and would probably be something that could be added in raiding as well to give them a more deterministic path to gearing. Imagine BFA where you just got got dust for just finishing the dungeon, instead of getting it out of a weekly cache. It would just give you a path towards your goal slowly, instead of just having all of your excitement tied to opening that box and then gambling with a 1/6 chance of hitting your BiS two minutes later.

M+ kind of does need sets though, even if it's "boring". If they design the set bonuses correctly, it would be something you would always want in M+, and rarely want to have in raids aside from maybe some niche fights (they could deactivate them in raids, although I think this option is generally jarring).

I don't think there's anything universally wrong with how Blizzard is doing gearing currently. Regardless of your opinion of the great vault, more options exist if you actually play the game. I think the only real fault however, is that the elegance of the PvP system makes people yearn for a more deterministic direction after witnessing how good this system actually is. I remember people crying foul about how stingy Blizzard was only allowing 550 conquest a week and how you should get more conquest if you're a high rated player. Meanwhile, you hear little complaining on the PvP front at the moment because people instantly realized how good it was. Imagine getting 1-2 of your best stated items a week, with the ability to upgrade them so nothing 'feels' wasted in the long haul. The only downside to this system is that there isn't much intermediate gear, but most people who PvP don't mind doing a couple weeks of dungeons to fill some slots before abandoning it completely.

I'm not saying abandon drops altogether, but with sets potentially returning in the next tier, M+ should have something, and it's also a perfect opportunity to re-evaluate gearing systems for both raids and M+. Maybe PvP gear is just too strong, or maybe the other main competitive aspects of play need to have an option that's somewhat similar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Why don't they add a seperate set for M+?
    There are set items intended for pvp.
    There are set items intended for raiding.
    There are set items intended for open world pve.
    There were kind a "sets" for m+ in Pandaria or smth ? There were transmog items as reward. It was called challange mode ?
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-01-08 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    There were kind a "sets" for m+ in Pandaria or smth ? There were transmog items as reward. It was called challange mode ?
    Transmog reward for completing all m+ dungeons on +15 iirc, but this isn't the topic. M+ people are upset that raids will get set bonuses again, like it forces them to do raiding to get the best gear for raiding ...like raiders had to do m+ for the past 4+ years to get the best gear for raiding.

Simple answer to this "problem" is to give M+ a set bonus item, maybe rings, that only works in m+ and make raid sets not work in m+.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Transmog reward for completing all m+ dungeons on +15 iirc, but this isn't the topic. M+ people are upset that raids will get set bonuses again, like it forces them to do raiding to get the best gear for raiding ...like raiders had to do m+ for the past 4+ years to get the best gear for raiding.

Simple answer to this "problem" is to give M+ a set bonus item, maybe rings, that only works in m+ and make raid sets not work in m+.
    technically we dont know if bonuses will come back too, hopefully not.

All we know is that visual tiers are coming back.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

No. In fact, I'll be more likely to stick around. M+ is just a gear mill for raiding as far as I'm concerned.

Seems a bit petty to quit for something that should be rewarded for hardest PVE content. It doesn't even change the game mechanically. It's gear. Might as well ask if people would quit if certain professions gave something you didn't want other people to have.

Nope. Couldn't care less.

I am cool if they just make tier sets WITHOUT the tier bonuses. Just for class fantasy. Oh, you're a druid? Cool make the set look leafy and shit and stick some stats on it. cba farming tier sets for their bonuses just to have an advantage in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Does majority, if not all transmog from raids have player power or not? They do? Shocker
    you do realise there are transmogs that are NOT from raids right?
    green items from islands were selling for tens even hundreds of thousands of gold without having any meaningful power, just the look...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Can't let the raiders have what they can't. Snowflakes and all.
    i think its more about raiding becoming necessary to do if you want to run higher M+...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Nah. Raiding is still the most played PvE endgame.
    unless you count LFR i seriously doubt that...
    feel free to prove me wrong by any actual data though, unless ofc it was complete asspull

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    you do realise there are transmogs that are NOT from raids right?
    green items from islands were selling for tens even hundreds of thousands of gold without having any meaningful power, just the look...

- - - Updated - - -

i think its more about raiding becoming necessary to do if you want to run higher M+...

- - - Updated - - -

unless you count LFR i seriously doubt that...
    feel free to prove me wrong by any actual data though, unless ofc it was complete asspull
    That's easily solved by simply making set bonus's only active inside a raid dungeon. If it offers no bonuses outside of raiding it's not causing anyone else issues. And LFR is still a PVE raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about it, I don't miss tier sets at all. They make the game harder to balance. I want to be able to wear whatever I want

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Mythic plus should be removed from the game. There, fixes everything.

Just have regular dungeons, heroics that are actually somewhat challenging and have raiding on top of that. As it should be.
    and have crapload of people quit bcs they will have nothing to do but raidlog like in WOD... yeah, bcs that went well
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-01-09 at 10:07 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The removal of tier sets was/ is good, so people wont be forced into lame computer raiding land to get the best gear and sets.

Their goal was I believe that people could choose which contebt they want to do in shadowlands and not feel forces in certain areas. Getting tier sets for raid only will once again bring that forced feeling back. Idk if I see it as a good thing.

Raiding already has the benefit of having higher ilvl and if sets are also included, then I dont see the point in doing M+
    We already saw what the reward structure did for M+ in terms of motivation to even do those right now, that would only enhance that.

One thing that would make it a non issur is that tier set should only work in the raid. Seems like it wouldnt harm any one. But it will probably end up like the guy in raiding gear will be able to do tborghast much faster then one in m+ gear. Which is no improvement on the general structure and will.once again force players into raids. I hope it doesnt end up like that or else they havent learned shit from the past.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-09 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    That's easily solved by simply making set bonus's only active inside a raid dungeon. If it offers no bonuses outside of raiding it's not causing anyone else issues. And LFR is still a PVE raid.
    and im pretty sure most people would have no issue with that solution

if you count LFR as raiding then count heroic and M0 dungeons with M+...
    and btw i still think even if you count LFR its not much ahead of M+ in headcount

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Mythic plus should be removed from the game. There, fixes everything.

Just have regular dungeons, heroics that are actually somewhat challenging and have raiding on top of that. As it should be.
    If anything, we need more things to do in the game, not less.

1. Poll.
    2. No. Because raiding is the best thing in the entire game.

They should add a M+ set, just like we had a PvP set in the old days.

I am the exact opposite, getting tier sets from raids exclusively and remove all gear from M+ (only use m+ as cosmetic stuff and bragging rights) would be THE NUMBER ONE reason for me to stay with the game and NOT quit.

Also your " ...if everyone is forced to raid to be competitive in M+. " is the complete opposite as it's rather you are forced to do M+ to be competitive in raids. Raids > M+ by a mile for most players and raiding is THE endgame since Vanilla while M+ is a more recent thing to gear up!