Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lots of people here saying "everyone knew that, why did they have to do a study?"

You didn't "know" that. You thought it. Or felt it. Personally I'm quite happy to see evidence that proves or disproves something that people believe. People just knowing something to be true without any evidence is one of things that has got us to where we are today.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Lots of people here saying "everyone knew that, why did they have to do a study?"

You didn't "know" that. You thought it. Or felt it. Personally I'm quite happy to see evidence that proves or disproves something that people believe. People just knowing something to be true without any evidence is one of things that has got us to where we are today.
    No, it was pretty obvious even before the study. This is really more in the field of a study concluding that "water is wet" or "fire burns stuff", because it isn't particularly complicated or difficult to understand. The study confirms what some of us already knew, it doesn't negate the fact that we knew it prior to the study being conducted.

Knowing it to be true from experience is something that plenty of us have seen, being gamers it isn't that uncommon for us to see the poor behavior of an extreme minority in a guild or group ruin the experience for everyone else. The solution is kicking them, and the experience then improves. This is a really easy thing to learn through gaming, and I think it is safe to say that practically everyone on this forum is a gamer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Democracy is not meant to pleasant. This will cause segregation and ultimately a complete breakdown of society and the democracy.
    Democracy didn’t die in the 1960s and below cause of segregation. Why would it now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Blame that on the fucking Nazis who murdered the cop the other day.

Personally, I love that private business owners are free to not associate with racist shitbags.
    Yea they forgot the number one rule in American, do not fuck with the money.

Destabilizing American would have ruined life a lot for the wealthy Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the study is telling you can harmonize the society by removing divergent ones from it?

This is a hottest take on diversity I've seen on this forum so far

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    So the study is telling you can harmonize the society by removing divergent ones from it?

Well, life seems a bit better when the Nazis are told to get the fuck out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, life seems a bit better when the Nazis are told to get the fuck out.
    You seem to really love throwing this N-word around and target people whose preferences don's align with yours. Are you sure you are not the dreaded right-wing troll?

You seem to really love throwing this N-word around and target people whose preferences don's align with yours. Are you sure you are not the dreaded right-wing troll?
    Well, I like to be honest about what they really are.

Why do people feel the need to defend Nazis?

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    We've already seen Melania nude, no one pays for what they got free
    They didn't say "Melania Only fans."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I like to be honest about what they really are.

Why do people feel the need to defend Nazis?
    N-words, why? Haven't seen the mob that stormed the Capitol doing this in the name of Hitler or following his teachings. Neither are people openly supporting such ideas welcome in the conservative american circles, many of those venerate their grandfathers who fought for freedom in WWII in Europe.

Their views might not perfectly comply with modern agenda, but defending diversity and open-mindnes is what is of the essence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Democracy is not meant to pleasant. This will cause segregation and ultimately a complete breakdown of society and the democracy.
    Wow, another confedrate soul in sweden.
    Government Affiliated Snark

N-words, why? Haven't seen the mob that stormed the Capitol doing this in the name of Hitler or following his teachings. Neither are people openly supporting such ideas welcome in the conservative american circles, many of those venerate their grandfathers who fought for freedom in WWII in Europe.

Their views might not perfectly comply with modern agenda, but defending diversity and open-mindnes is what is of the essence
    Sorry, I don't like Nazis, neo, or otherwise.

If you want to defend Nazism, be my guest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I don't like Nazis, neo, or otherwise.
    Neither do I like the people who repress those who don't comply with their radical beliefs as proposed in this ideolody-driven study, glad we both can agree on this

Neither do I like the people who repress those who don't comply with their radical beliefs as proposed in this ideolody-driven study, glad we both can agree on this
    Then, why do you insist on defending Nazis?

Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then, why do you insist on defending Nazis?

Weird.
    Which N-words? Are they back from their graves? Is "Mein Kampf" being worshipped again? Are innocent children being ideologically charged with racial theory supposing one race can have inherited flaw and should be branded with eternal guilt and forced to stand down in favor of other? That would be truly atrocious
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-01-09 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Which N-words? Are they back from their graves? Is "Mein Kampf" being worshipped again? Are innocent children being ideologically charged with racial theory supposing one race can have inherited flaw and should be branded with eternal guilt and forced stand down in favor of other? That would be truly atrocious
    The ones who stormed the Capitol... try and keep up.

So. Many. Nazis.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I don't really see how banning them would actively change anything. YouTube gives you your reccomend based on what you watch. You go onto Twitter to pick fights and act smug and while I don't use reddit myself unless a sub is massive isn't it more or less invisible to you unless you search it out?

I guess it's a win for people who enjoy censorship? I don't even know if it's that though how do bans work on reddit do they ban you from a topic or your whole account? How would they track this?

Of course you wouldn't understand
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Which N-words? Are they back from their graves? Is "Mein Kampf" being worshipped again? Are innocent children being ideologically charged with racial theory supposing one race can have inherited flaw and should be branded with eternal guilt and forced to stand down in favor of other? That would be truly atrocious
    Where do you stand?

Should extremists ideologies be allowed to spread lies and promote violence on social media platforms or should it be banned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

Humans don't didnt know how general group dynamics work prior to this study?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

More like throwing trouble makers in jail, but you know this and just want to be a dishonost troll anyways.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones who stormed the Capitol... try and keep up.

So. Many. Nazis.
    These were mostly peaceful protestors, not N-words. Of course there were few ugly ones who caused unnecessary violence and destruction and broke into a federal builing and should be condemned, but wast majority of people just came to demand fair election