10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    If you forget the time in class back in 7th/8th grade when this was covered...
    You're working under the assumption that the average Trump supporter passed 7th grade.

Alliance

"only"? Is nineteen deaths supposed to be some kind of victory?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    5 dead was a victory for Trump. He's just sad it wasn't many more.

Imagine supporting a shitty Nazi like Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    How do you come back from such a polarized country ?
    You don't. This is it.

Just in case you thought anybody learned their lesson in all this, here's the secretary of pillow forts going off for 3 minutes about what to expect next from Trump and his band of deplorables.

https://rumble.com/vcjsin-its-about-to-get-real-.html

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Just in case you thought anybody learned their lesson in all this, here's the secretary of pillow forts going off for 3 minutes about what to expect next from Trump and his band of deplorables.

I stopped when he said "all the evidence is going to come out"

People believe that. They are told every day something new is about to come out and it NEVER DOES. They have NEVER gotten any of the evidence they've been told is going to come out. And they still believe it.

I don't know who that guy is, but I'm just so tired of this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    It's 19 people over thousands of protests across the country, attended by hundreds of thousands of people, many of whom were unjustly killed by police and factored into that 19; however, when someone compares the violence erupting BLM protests to what happened at the Capitol, I would expect them to have some information or there to be some evidence that BLM protests were somewhat comparable. They're simply not. You not understanding isn't totally unexpected though, given you've repeatedly parroted lines from Project Veritas and other extremist groups in this and the other election-oriented threads.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post

Seriously.

10 years ago if you'd asked me if the stupid fuckin My Pillow guy in all those ads on Fox had a political future as a captain in the cultist insurrection, or literally anyone of any note, I'd have told you (royal you) that you're off your fuckin meds.

15+ Year Old Account
    As more conservatives are becoming radicalized due to the insurrection attempt, they are organizing more attempts prior and on inauguration day. This is a great opportunity for law enforcement agencies to monitor and possibly entangle thousands of conservatives in a dragnet and the beginnings of a massive RICO case starting with the republican AG association, the Trump 2020 campaign, Rudy Giuliani, and Trump himself.

The only way to temper conservatism is to isolate them so they radicalize, once they lash out charge them, then once their leadership is charged and sentenced, they will be shut out of federal governance, giving society another generation reprieve from dealing with the same destabilizing rhetoric they employ once they reach a critical mass, i.e current day, 1964, Jim Crow, desegregation, reconstruction, civil war.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously.

10 years ago if you'd asked me if the stupid fuckin My Pillow guy in all those ads on Fox had a political future as a captain in the cultist insurrection, or literally anyone of any note, I'd have told you (royal you) that you're off your fuckin meds.
    In a few more years The Onion might be viewed as the Nostradamus Files of the 20th and 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    In a few more years The Onion might be viewed as the Nostradamus Files of the 20th and 21st century.
    I mean...it's kinda already been uncomfortably prescient when it comes to right wing extremism and insanity : /

Though their Film Standard reviews are *chefs kiss*. Never before have I heard such a compelling argument to see the motion picture, "Mama Mia 2: Here We Go Again" then when the Onion Film Standard gave it a glowing review.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    After your failed prediction of Trump getting reelected aren't you wary of being wrong again?
    predictions are predictions and i can never tell anybody that im not certain in something. Still my predictio that Trump would win by the skin of teeth was better then billion dollar news outlets. Still 6 januari worries me greatly as a lot of supporters had a middle class back ground. Anybody that knows his history knows that the middle class has the knowledge and resources that can topple goverments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    As more conservatives are becoming radicalized due to the insurrection attempt, they are organizing more attempts prior and on inauguration day. This is a great opportunity for law enforcement agencies to monitor and possibly entangle thousands of conservatives in a dragnet and the beginnings of a massive RICO case starting with the republican AG association, the Trump 2020 campaign, Rudy Giuliani, and Trump himself.

The only way to temper conservatism is to isolate them so they radicalize, once they lash out charge them, then once their leadership is charged and sentenced, they will be shut out of federal governance, giving society another generation reprieve from dealing with the same destabilizing rhetoric they employ once they reach a critical mass, i.e current day, 1964, Jim Crow, desegregation, reconstruction, civil war.
    And the law enforcement is just going to do that? After the whole defund the police debacle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    And the law enforcement is just going to do that? After the whole defund the police debacle?
    You're calling it a "debacle" while simultaneously suggesting that the law enforcement agencies will just allow violence to rampage unimpeded as a result?

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Also, it should be noted that not all law enforcement agencies are the police.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    predictions are predictions and i can never tell anybody that im not certain in something. Still my predictio that Trump would win by the skin of teeth was better then billion dollar news outlets. Still 6 januari worries me greatly as a lot of supporters had a middle class back ground. Anybody that knows his history knows that the middle class has the knowledge and resources that can topple goverments.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, conservatives just attempted to assassinate two elected officials in line of succession. This is the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11 and all law enforcement agencies are treating it as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    The Free Speech 1st Amendment is not absolute. If you forget the time in class back in 7th/8th grade when this was covered, this is the part where it allows most free speech but does have exclusions such as specifically around inciting violence, riots, sedition, etc. You might remember it as the you can't scream fire in a loaded theater thing. This is part of the Jr. High Civics test you have to pass to enter High School, so any American that reached at least High School *should* understand this. It's basic US civics fundamentals, not something on a 3rd year law school exam. It makes me sad that so many people so badly misunderstand it though.

Also, Trump is not king or above the other 2 branches of government. That's why we left England. So strange that people almost have begun to believe that the President should have king-like ultimate power because of the way he behaved in an authoritarian way trying to exceed his legal power so often over the past 4 years.
    It's not that strange, it's what a lot of them wanted from the start.

As to the general ignorance on civics - I was in the US school system from 3rd grade through university and I've probably learned more civics reading this website than I ever learned in school. I never took so much as a class for it - there certainly wasn't a test before I went to high school. I'll grant we were taught a little bit about how government works, but not much and it wasn't reinforced. The most I learned was when I was prepping for the citizenship test in my 20s. More in depth civics education seems like a good idea to me, what's the point of having mandatory education if you barely teach people how their own government works?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I find the weird compulsion to write off one groups political violence with another a rather strange thing. I did hear people on twitter believed a second group was responsible at first but what exactly does that bring to the conversation?
    First off kindly piss off and take your concern trolling elsewhere. Secondly, you missed the Kevin Sorbo and other conservative shitbag tweets aiming it was ANTIFA in disguise not trump supporters participating in the insurrection. Thirdly, you ca seem to put two points together that trumo supporters hated the deplorable comme t, but would be OK with labeling liberals that.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    First off kindly piss off and take your concern trolling elsewhere. Secondly, you missed the Kevin Sorbo and other conservative shitbag tweets aiming it was ANTIFA in disguise not trump supporters participating in the insurrection. Thirdly, you ca seem to put two points together that trumo supporters hated the deplorable comme t, but would be OK with labeling liberals that.
    In all honestly, guys like Kraken are responsible for creating the environment that fostered the current movement on the right. These sorts have been behind the bending of platforms and algorithms to promote otherwise unemployable dipshits and feed radicalization through those platforms. Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter are all conduits, but so are the myriad of boneheaded think pieces of free speech absolutism that has led to a curdling of smaller voices in favor of aggression and being loud -- both traits in Trump's favor.

So, they fed themselves, Trump fed them, Hawley and Cruz fed them, but also a lot of other people -- making a lot of money, no less -- fostered and fed them. No one could check them because every time someone did it was called an attack on free speech. So, we ended up with a whole lot of people radicalized to believe dangerous, crazy, and fascist shit, and they got violent. No one following this shit for the last half decade is at all surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    In all honestly, guys like Kraken are responsible for creating the environment that fostered the current movement on the right. These sorts have been behind the bending of platforms and algorithms to promote otherwise unemployable dipshits and feed radicalization through those platforms. Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter are all conduits, but so are the myriad of boneheaded think pieces of free speech absolutism that has led to a curdling of smaller voices in favor of aggression and being loud -- both traits in Trump's favor.

So, they fed themselves, Trump fed them, Hawley and Cruz fed them, but also a lot of other people -- making a lot of money, no less -- fostered and fed them. No one could check them because every time someone did it was called an attack on free speech. So, we ended up with a whole lot of people radicalized to believe dangerous, crazy, and fascist shit, and they got violent. No one following this shit for the last half decade is at all surprised.
    I can't blame Youtube TOO hard; they're letting you self-select what's in your feed. Their algorithms may need some tuning, and they probably need stricter moderation, but the core idea isn't inherently bad.

They also have a profit motive. Capitalist systems do not work to engender a conscientious ethical framework. If they can make money, and it's not illegal, it's "better" for their shareholders to make the money than to take an ethical stance, 9 times out of 10. Companies that tend to pick the ethical choice do exist, but they generally don't get to be big companies, because the unethical-but-technically-legal competitors make more money than they do and either keep them small or push them out of business entirely. This is a problem with capitalism, but that's way too big to blame Youtube itself for.

Which isn't me saying we should just deal. It's me saying the issue is a lack of regulation from the government. Regulation that wouldn't just affect social media, but would affect news media as well.

https://www.9news.com/video/news/loc...5-9ffb5a056982

Remember that even in the darkest boogaloo times, there are still proud patriots that will stand up and protect the country and its representives.

Not a cosplay patriot wearing American flag underwear, shorts, flip-flops, hat, and a Gadsden shirt. An actual patriot that is a patriot through deeds, not pointless clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    We can blame platforms and prominent figures all day, but damn these are grown-ass adults who need to also just be responsible for what they choose to believe.

How did we find ourselves in a situation where so many people just don't seem to know anything about anything?
    In part because we allowed them to be brainwashed by violent extremists on poorly moderated platforms.