Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Won't be surprised if Trumps starts sprinkling more pardons to him and others charged in the incident.
    I really dont imagine him pardoning these right wing idiots. His family? yeah obviously.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I really dont imagine him pardoning these right wing idiots. His family? yeah obviously.
    Why wouldn't he? It costs him nothing and gains him more support from his idiot base--and he's going to need all the support he can get from them post-January 20th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Why wouldn't he? It costs him nothing and gains him more support from his idiot base--and he's going to need all the support he can get from them post-January 20th.
    Uh... Pardoning the people who attacked Congress will be a green light to any nutter who thinks they can accomplish said objective, on the theory that as long as they get Trump back in the White House that he'll pardon them, too.

I have the feeling that Congress doesn't really want to be a target, so they would very likely and expeditiously impeach Trump again and prevent him from ever holding office to mitigate that threat.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    With all these bans, pretty soon he's going to have to resort to posting on MMOC.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Uh... Pardoning the people who attacked Congress will be a green light to any nutter who thinks they can accomplish said objective, on the theory that as long as they get Trump back in the White House that he'll pardon them, too.

I have the feeling that Congress doesn't really want to be a target, so they would very likely and expeditiously impeach Trump again and prevent him from ever holding office to mitigate that threat.
    And? I think you're under the mistaken impression that Trump gives a fuck about that. He wants attention and money and he can get plenty of that without holding Office at this point. Especially if he caters to those fuckwits by continuing to hand out pardons to criminals. I can especially see him currying favor by pardoning those who attacked the Capitol "because they are patriots who thought what they were doing was protecting our great nation from an evil threat" or somesuch bullshit.

It is my fervent hope that he is continually hounded by legal issues from the moment he leaves office on to prevent him from setting up the Fake News Network he so desperately craves, because if he's allowed to continue feeding them--and pardoning these assholes will absolutely feed those types--then the next step will make what happened on the 6th look like a carnival.

10+ Year Old Account
    And? I think you're under the mistaken impression that Trump gives a fuck about that. He wants attention and money and he can get plenty of that without holding Office at this point. Especially if he caters to those fuckwits by continuing to hand out pardons to criminals. I can especially see him currying favor by pardoning those who attacked the Capitol "because they are patriots who thought what they were doing was protecting our great nation from an evil threat" or somesuch bullshit.

It is my fervent hope that he is continually hounded by legal issues from the moment he leaves office on to prevent him from setting up the Fake News Network he so desperately craves, because if he's allowed to continue feeding them--and pardoning these assholes will absolutely feed those types--then the next step will make what happened on the 6th look like a carnival.
    Yes, but the only thing he gains by pardoning these people is what I described. And it is still likely to piss off anybody that he might do business with.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

It would cement the perspective that this was Trump personally trying to overthrow the government if he then went on to protect the attackers from consequences. He has a frayed thread of plausible deniability left and would be wise not to cut it. I have no idea whether it could stand, can almost guarantee those pardons would be tested in court. Does Trump want to gamble on winning a court case? Surely even he must notice his own record by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I really dont imagine him
    Neither did I for the past 4 years.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Except McConnell has made it clear there will be no impeachment vote until after the inauguration. (since the Senate is officially in recess and any action taken during a recess requires unanimous consent).

So Mitch is still the same slime covered turtle he has always been.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Except McConnell has made it clear there will be no impeachment vote until after the inauguration. (since the Senate is officially in recess and any action taken during a recess requires unanimous consent).

So Mitch is still the same slime covered turtle he has always been.
    Unless he put the Senate on recess specifically for that purpose, it doesn't seem like this one's actually on him (and if it was, he'd probably be proclaiming how he refused to allow the Democrats to push a partisan impeachment through at the last minute, because he tends to be proud of his fuckery).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Unless he put the Senate on recess specifically for that purpose, it doesn't seem like this one's actually on him (and if it was, he'd probably be proclaiming how he refused to allow the Democrats to push a partisan impeachment through at the last minute, because he tends to be proud of his fuckery).
    Right, but sending a letter to the Republican senators with "hey, remember this rule means the Democrats can't do anything" is practically the same thing, and that is what he did.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    With all these bans, pretty soon he's going to have to resort to posting on MMOC.
    Jesus christ that gave me shivers

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Jesus christ that gave me shivers
    That would be hilarious. He absolutely should. Then it will be up to Rozz to ban him next. It is trickle down moderation!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    He might be proud of it, but it is one where he CAN'T be public about it. He doesn't want any of the Republicans on record because ANY vote that make costs them.

If they vote to impeach they lose the cult base who then refuse to vote for them while also may potentially even retaliate physically on some of them far beyond just the crap that Graham got.

If they vote against impeachment they further drag their base down and shown just how messed up in the head and gone their base and their loyalties really are which costs them the more rational (IE less mentally gone who still cling to ideals) portion of their base. Even if the next election isn't for 2 years, that is one that will be brought up.

If he prevents them from taking ANY vote and just waits it out, it allows them to try and not take that stance at all on any public record and they can try and play either side when it comes to speaking depending how things shake out later.

It is pure McConnell fuckery, but him actually admitting that would go against what it is meant to do when you look at it in this light. It isn't that he doesn't want Trump removed, he does, he just doesn't want his people on record and costing them even more in the future elections or potential retaliation from the base or even emboldening the Democrat voters push to actually force their politicians to actually have balls for once in our lifetime.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Yes, but the only thing he gains by pardoning these people is what I described. And it is still likely to piss off anybody that he might do business with.
    Again: And? He has proven time and again he does not give a shit what anyone thinks and practically has to be held at gunpoint by his own administration to do or say anything that doesn't seem like it's 100% for his own gain. He's built his own audience over the past 4-5 years and pardoning these people caters to that audience. The same audience who buys all of his merch, attends his vanity rallies and will absolutely subscribe to his propaganda service if he's allowed to set one up (and rest assured there are still plenty of businesses willing to work for him to do so).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It would cement the perspective that this was Trump personally trying to overthrow the government if he then went on to protect the attackers from consequences. He has a frayed thread of plausible deniability left and would be wise not to cut it. I have no idea whether it could stand, can almost guarantee those pardons would be tested in court. Does Trump want to gamble on winning a court case? Surely even he must notice his own record by now.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    spamming trade chat maybe?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    That would be hilarious. He absolutely should.
    Heh I'd love to see his take on any of (fill in the blank)'s posts. The sheer volume of cited evidence against him might send him fetal.

Or he will pull a Dribbles and start posting badly read shit from the Express, claiming he won to his eurochums/uschums/demochums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Items dropped by the insurrectionists have been collected for the Smithsonian as historical artifacts.

It's possible the FBI will dust them for prints first.

Late for the kill, early for the slaughter.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-01-09 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Trolling