Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talent: Damnation -- Should be a 15s CD not 45s

No reason for it being 45s compared to the other 2 options. 15s longer than VOID torrent??

There is no Scenario where you take Damnation over Mindbender or Void Torrent.

it's a pvp talent that's not inside the pvp talents. at 15 or even 30 seconds it'd be too overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    it's a pvp talent that's not inside the pvp talents. at 15 or even 30 seconds it'd be too overpowered.
    You're joking right. What exactly would make it over powered lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    If you made it 15s cooldown you would have to give it a cast because it would be totally busted in pvp at 15 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

i would love me some damnation on 15 sec, would not be busted at all!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    15 seconds would be alittle too quick for a gcd that drops 3 dots on a person followed up by a talented instant cast vt. I know in world pvp I can nearly instantly screw someone over as it is with mg,damnation, vt/sf combo

Literally all three of our dots on a single global cool down, no resources, instant cast, 15 second cooldown... are you on drugs?

this has to be some joke right?it would be insane....its strong even for 45 sec for what it does,its like a perfect strong opener fully loaded with your strongest dot,in one global and zero cost....its like a ret doing a blade of justice and a templars verdict all in one global with no setup

There is no Scenario where you take Damnation over Mindbender or Void Torrent.
    There is, actually. I constantly use Mind Bender for the single reason that I can pop it and Fade. That enables me to solo far more stuff than I would be able to without it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use it in arena/pvp. Its a way to add another dp on the target or to have 2 targets instantly dotted with dots.

I use void torrent and mindbender in pve realy. Actually I never realy use mindbender.. the burst void torrent gives on 45 cd compared to 1 min.

15 is to short, 30 would be in the middle I would say. But why are we complaining? Its not like its such a big deal right?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-18 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    There is, actually. I constantly use Mind Bender for the single reason that I can pop it and Fade. That enables me to solo far more stuff than I would be able to without it.
    So you agree? You took Mind Bender/Void Torrent over Damnation.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When would that be needed?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this has to be some joke right?it would be insane....its strong even for 45 sec for what it does,its like a perfect strong opener fully loaded with your strongest dot,in one global and zero cost....its like a ret doing a blade of justice and a templars verdict all in one global with no setup
    Why would you ever use it over Void Torrent? Void Torrent is incredibly strong, deals a ton of damage, generates insanity and has a shorter CD. There's basically no scenario where you'd take Damnation over Void Torrent. With Misery you can already have 1 cast = 2 DoTs if you really need it and Void Torrent is basically one DP on top of its own damage.

Damnation simply is in the wrong talent row. It should swap places with Searing Nightmare which is in the wrong talent row as well. That would make the 30 row single target centric and the 45 row AoE vs ST (how it should be).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-01-18 at 09:50 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why would you ever use it over Void Torrent? Void Torrent is incredibly strong, deals a ton of damage, generates insanity and has a shorter CD. There's basically no scenario where you'd take Damnation over Void Torrent. With Misery you can already have 1 cast = 2 DoTs if you really need it and Void Torrent is basically one DP on top of its own damage.

Damnation simply is in the wrong talent row. It should swap places with Searing Nightmare which is in the wrong talent row as well. That would make the 30 row single target centric and the 45 row AoE vs ST (how it should be).
    the main thing was about pvp wasnt it?and in pvp and outdoors its pretty much always the default pick,some even use it in m+,yeah in raids its void torrent because of the nature of the encounters...even a 15 sec damnation would not be better than void torrent but it would be busted in pvp even more than it is

yeah maybe put it in a different row

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the main thing was about pvp wasnt it?and in pvp and outdoors its pretty much always the default pick,some even use it in m+,yeah in raids its void torrent because of the nature of the encounters...even a 15 sec damnation would not be better than void torrent but it would be busted in pvp even more than it is

yeah maybe put it in a different row
    I agree that 15s is too low though. 30 seconds might be fine, but I still wouldn't find many uses for it, not even in most PvP situations. Sure, it gives you an instant DP / DoT applier, but is that better than maybe Misery + Void Torrent overall? It might require a bit more timing / work, but Void Torrent is so so strong right now and I don't know if I'd PvP without it. Heavy damage over a short amount of time and tons of insanity on a very short CD? Sounds like the must pick for me (I know you can be kicked / silenced, but that's where your own silence / stun etc. factors in).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Void Torrent does a ton a dmg. It's situational and requires a bit of creativity to execute, but I'd hardly cast it off as irrelevant. Rather than drop Damnation to 15s which would be ridiculous or 30s which makes the talent basically mandatory and brainless as a choice. I'd bump the CD to 1min add 10% dmg or let you cast Mind Flay while moving while the dots remain up or let Mind Flay reset the dot duration if a full channel is executed within a certain amount of seconds. I think the talent needs a little bit more spice.

I agree that 15s is too low though. 30 seconds might be fine, but I still wouldn't find many uses for it, not even in most PvP situations. Sure, it gives you an instant DP / DoT applier, but is that better than maybe Misery + Void Torrent overall? It might require a bit more timing / work, but Void Torrent is so so strong right now and I don't know if I'd PvP without it. Heavy damage over a short amount of time and tons of insanity on a very short CD? Sounds like the must pick for me (I know you can be kicked / silenced, but that's where your own silence / stun etc. factors in).
    depends on the level of play you are at,and format,and party setup,but for the most part damnation seems to be the go to pick for most top arena priests

Outside of bgs, you don't take void torrent for pvp lol. You take damnation. It's marginally lower damage than void torrent, yes, but it's also not interruptible like void torrent is. Damnation gives you an extra, free, DP ( as well as the other dots ofc) which is where most of your burst damage lies. And burst damage is what the current meta is all about, not consistent pressure over a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    So you agree?
    Erhm... Re-reading that line again, I can see I mixed up the "or" and "over" parts. No, I do not agree that Damnation should be on a shorter cooldown than now. But even if Blizzard lowers it, I will still use Mind Bender.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    When would that be needed?
    Soloing rares or elites. Having MB allows me to drag aggro off my self, heal up and keep fighting. Sure, Shadowfiend does the same thing, but MB has a shorter cooldown, so it can be used more often.

Also quite handy for distracting an enemy while I click on the object I need to click on, without getting interrupted. And again the shorter cooldown works wonders for me in that area.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Erhm... Re-reading that line again, I can see I mixed up the "or" and "over" parts. No, I do not agree that Damnation should be on a shorter cooldown than now. But even if Blizzard lowers it, I will still use Mind Bender.

Soloing rares or elites. Having MB allows me to drag aggro off my self, heal up and keep fighting. Sure, Shadowfiend does the same thing, but MB has a shorter cooldown, so it can be used more often.

Also quite handy for distracting an enemy while I click on the object I need to click on, without getting interrupted. And again the shorter cooldown works wonders for me in that area.
    Okey fair enough.