Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I can pick cherries, too! Would you like me to link footage of cops marching in solidarity with BLM Activists? Perhaps you'd like the post-curfew crackdown of the supposed insurrection at our Sacred Temple of Democracy™.

As far as Police killings of Blacks, the numbers are largely where we'd expect them to be, given other figures such as crime rates, breakdowns of cop killers by race, etc. It's actually probably not the case that the police, flawed as they are, are really just venting racial prejudice across the board.

- - - Updated - - -

Man asks if his source has been read after not reading provided source. More at 11.
    Once again, I provided my source first, did you read it?

I suggest you do, since your source uses mine as a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

He won't look at your sources.
    He thinks BLM is the same as Qanon.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Systemic racism is not merely racial prejudice. If the "figures" are suggesting these affect African-Americans disproportionally, that is systemic.

That is the exact problem defined and purpose of the terminology to point out the processes and circumstances that affect a group more than another- as a system. Not necessarily that Officer Larry hates blacks.

I can pick cherries, too! Would you like me to link footage of cops marching in solidarity with BLM Activists? Perhaps you'd like the post-curfew crackdown of the supposed insurrection at our Sacred Temple of Democracy™.
    Do you have an actual point to make or are you just trying to annoy people until they get themselves infracted?
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

15+ Year Old Account
    I see you're invoking the status difference I mentioned earlier. Yes, studies from the Brookings Institution that help prop up some of these absurd claims are totally reliable. African Americans really do use drugs as much as whites, but they're arrested for it more! That's really horrible and we need to completely restructure society to solve it!
    What about black familial wealth being a tenth of white familial wealth? What about the more stringent sentencing of black offenders for crack cocaine when compared to powder cocaine possession for whites?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except USC 1111 most definitely defines felony murder, as felony murder isn't a separate degree of murder and it just so happens that on federal level (and in most of the states) it is considered first degree murder... Which is why I quoted the part that is felony murder alone... Also, the Capitol is federal property so federal law applies. Which is why it's already been reported the justice department has opened a federal murder case in regards to the killed police officer.
    That's . . . just ignoring what the felony murder rule is. It isn't about the definition of what is/is not a murder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder_rule

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Systemic racism is not merely racial prejudice. If the "figures" are suggesting these affect African-Americans disproportionally, that is systemic.

That is the exact problem defined and purpose of the terminology to point out the processes and circumstances that affect a group more than another- as a system. Not necessarily that Officer Larry hates blacks.
    Exactly, Qanon is just a baseless conspiracy, comparing the two is pure nonsense.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

In its entirety? Not yet. If you'd like a substantive reply quickly, I already outlined how you'd go about getting that. So unless you want to properly format your post in a similar manner to what I provided, you're going to have to wait. In the meantime, you should actually read what I linked. I know the Ctrl+F bit is fun, but you really did shoot yourself in the foot with your prior comment.

Try learning sometime, lol.

Says the person trying to equate Qanon to BLM and Systemic Racism.

10+ Year Old Account

And why must we assume that any case of disproportionate/unequal outcomes has to be the result of the legacy of racism & prior inequity etched into institutions.

Surely there are other things we might want to consider, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Says the person trying to equate Qanon to BLM and Systemic Racism.
    I know, you "wouldn't be caught dead" talking about Tom Hanks & Comet Pizza. It's a status thing. Believe me, I get it, I really do.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2021-01-10 at 01:19 AM.

And why must we assume that any case of disproportionate racism has to be the result of the legacy of racism & prior inequity etched into institutions.
    It's not an Assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, you "wouldn't be caught dead" talking about Tom Hanks & Comet Pizza. It's a status thing. Believe me, I get it, I really do.
    A Right Wing Extremist Conspiracy Theory is a "Status Thing"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    "Status Thing"
    lmao.
    That's exactly what it is. "Systemic Racism" is Q-anon for Affluent White Liberals.

It's not an Assumption.
    That's precisely what it is, actually.

That's exactly what it is. "Systemic Racism" is Q-anon for Affluent White Liberals.
    LMAO

It precisely isn't.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-01-10 at 01:22 AM.

Surely there are other things we might want to consider, right?
    Yes... that is what the study and phrasing of institutional and systemic bias do. That is how we arrived at the conclusion institutions have a legacy of unequal treatment of persons that are reinforced by a set of processes that disproportionately affect some groups more than others.

In other words, the very same explanation the terminology and study describe.

In its entirety? Not yet. If you'd like a substantive reply quickly, I already outlined how you'd go about getting that. So unless you want to properly format your post in a similar manner to what I provided, you're going to have to wait. In the meantime, you should actually read what I linked. I know the Ctrl+F bit is fun, but you really did shoot yourself in the foot with your prior comment.

Moving goalposts... how adorable.

Well, my evidence comes from the most expansive use of force study ever done in this country, and was so damn good, your own source used mine as a reference.

I suggest you read what I linked, enjoy!!!

Man, imagine going out of your way to be intellectually dishonest to justify racism.

- - - Updated - - -

My evidence disagrees with you.

If you care to refute it, I look forward to you being able to do so. Good luck!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes... that is what the study and phrasing of institutional and systemic bias do. That is how we arrived at the conclusion institutions have a legacy of unequal treatment of persons that are reinforced by a set of processes that disproportionately affect some groups more than others.

In other words, the very same explanation the terminology and study describe.
    Yeah, no what I mean is we might want to give consideration to other ideas as to why those inequalities might arise. All we're doing right now is looking at unequal outcomes, and assuming that the reason must necessarily be racism, even if there aren't any racists, such as Officer Larry in your example. I don't really see why that must be the case, or why other causes for disparities should be disregarded.

You guys are letting that guy lead you along with irrelevant nonsense. He's already broken the rules with a few of his posts no need to keep engaging.

and assuming that the reason must necessarily be racism
    You're the one Assuming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no what I mean is we might want to give consideration to other ideas as to why those inequalities might arise. All we're doing right now is looking at unequal outcomes, and assuming that the reason must necessarily be racism, even if there aren't any racists, such as Officer Larry in your example. I don't really see why that must be the case, or why other causes for disparities should be disregarded.
    Lets hear your competing hypothesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving goalposts... how adorable.

Well, my evidence comes from the most expansive use of force study ever done in this country, and was so damn good, your own source used mine as a reference.

I suggest you read what I linked, enjoy!!!

Man, imagine going out of your way to be intellectually dishonest to justify racism.
    Here's the deal, if you'd like to do something other than make snarky shitposts that just show me you've used Ctrl+F & immediately jumped to a ridiculous conclusion about the source provided, you're free to do so. Until then, I'm not responding to bad faith posts, it's not worth it, and you're not smart enough to get it until proven otherwise.

Feel free to meet the standard!