The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    If you told me they would push hard to allow prepubescent children to get sex changes I wouldn't of taken you seriously during the lgbt marriage days.
    That'd be pretty funny given WPATH SoC don't allow for GCS before and the AAP's guidance doesn't support puberty blockers before, well, puberty, let alone HRT and surgery.

You don't want to go here, sport. I'll bury your ass as I've done plenty of fools on this subject here.

Also, you didn't even answer the question posed to you. Nothing is being denied to the right other than their crybaby demands to overturn the government and have their crybaby conspiracies taken seriously. Fuck 'em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Anyone else laughing at the idiots that are acting surprised they got arrested. Seems they should've learned from the rioters that got arrested.
    I'm amused by their implausible stories. I just picked up these zip ties so I could give them to the police!
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm amused by their implausible stories. I just picked up these zip ties so I could give them to the police!
    Aw, man, the cops have them now? I dropped them a few weeks ago. i figured they were in a coat pocket somewhere.

I wonder if Antifa is upset upon learning the best way to combat fascists is to lay back and watch them shoot themselves in the foot with stunts like the riot at the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I wonder if Antifa is upset upon learning the best way to combat fascists is to lay back and watch them shoot themselves in the foot with stunts like the riot at the Capitol.
    I think they're largely pretty fuckin pleased with the results, minus the fact that the cops didn't treat the insurrectionists like they treated peaceful protesters praying at a church before being tear gassed and beaten for a photo op.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, the party all about ideas and against censorship is going to censure a private citizen. I guess they really, really want Arizona to go blue or Kelli Ward is going to go down with the ship after losing the state for Trump and blowing a Senate race too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Imagine popping into a discussion just to ask people if they saw the very thing they're discussing.
    Imagine seeing the thing we're discussing and having the gall to ask whether or not our education system is failing people. Of course it is!

People in this country by and large lack information literacy.

They do not have the ability to properly parse and contextualize the information they're constantly being bombarded with on the internet and television, and these skills for the most part are not being taught.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Oh man, the party all about ideas and against censorship is going to censure a private citizen. I guess they really, really want Arizona to go blue or Kelli Ward is going to go down with the ship after losing the state for Trump and blowing a Senate race too.

I want to believe this is a joke, and not actually real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I was literally about to post here that I don't believe for a second that this is true... then, because of the week we're having, I decided to stop and check the news first...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    They can keep digging their own graves in AZ. I'm sure she doesn't give a fuck about switching her party affiliation after this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I was literally about to post here that I don't believe for a second that this is true... then, because of the week we're having, I decided to stop and check the news first...
    Yep, the Arizona GOP have decided that they want to lose that state for a generation...

You better believe it this is the party of Trump that parades around in the flayed skin suit of the Republican party. Trying to shut up and attack the widow of very likely Arizona's most beloved politician. Watching the far right Trump cultist and the normal Republican voters fight tooth and nail amongst one another does put a smile onto my face. This is huge for the Democrats going forth since the Democrats biggest issue has always been keeping their voters focused. The Democratic party is such a huge tent pole party with so many differing groups that it covers. So there is constant bickering and infighting on different issues. The Republicans on the other hand have always had an almost monolithic voting base and that has always been their biggest strength(that and the beyond archaic Electoral College and the constant gerrymandering) so to see that strength begin to crack as the party begins to fight amongst themselves is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    You better believe it this is the party of Trump that parades around in the flayed skin suit of the Republican party. Trying to shut up and attack the widow of very likely Arizona's most beloved politician. Watching the far right Trump cultist and the normal Republican voters fight tooth and nail amongst one another does put a smile onto my face. This is huge for the Democrats going forth since the Democrats biggest issue has always been keeping their voters focused. The Democratic party is such a huge tent pole party with so many differing groups that it covers. So there is constant bickering and infighting on different issues. The Republicans on the other hand have always had an almost monolithic voting base and that has always been their biggest strength(that and the beyond archaic Electoral College and the constant gerrymandering) so to see that strength begin to crack as the party begins to fight amongst themselves is amazing.
    If the Dems can appeal to the McCain's of the country moving forward, the GOP is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, the Arizona GOP have decided that they want to lose that state for a generation...
    I mean, it was technically only Maricopa County, but that's not necessarily a really major distinction. It'll have more widespread ramifications for the GoP in Arizona, sure.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    One of their own was murdered by the mob. I think you will find them very motivated.
    for that case yes. they still hate the guts of the left however. 1 murder is not going to do the decades of shit these people had to endure from your side.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, it was technically only Maricopa County, but that's not necessarily a really major distinction. It'll have more widespread ramifications for the GoP in Arizona, sure.
    I mean... it's going to the full state GOP in two weeks...

I don't expect them to have any more brains than Maricopa County.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They can do that and have done so in the past to one degree or another.

Defunding the police is not a "debacle" either. That statement makes no sense and either seek to misrepresent what defunding the police means on a case-by-case basis or is ignorant of what 'defunding the police' means in a general sense.

Citizens thinking local city police ought to not have tanks, assault rifles, and laser guns is not sensible as the means of preventing the law in pursuing a criminal investigation. These are not related things; defunding the police does not mean getting rid of police officers & investigators or only paying police officers to hand out parking tickets & rescue kittens.
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/minnea...unding-police/

it seems it didnt work out however. You know tanks and assault rifles are basically bargain bin surplus from the military and usually motballed unless the shit hits the van. Most of the money being spend is for police officers and investigators. So yeah slashing any money from the police means less officers and investigators on the street.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... it's going to the full state GOP in two weeks...

I don't expect them to have any more brains than Maricopa County.
    Well, then.

In that case, the Democrats welcome the great, blue state of Arizona!

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/minnea...unding-police/

it seems it didnt work out however. You know tanks and assault rifles are basically bargain bin surplus from the military and usually motballed unless the shit hits the van. Most of the money being spend is for police officers and investigators. So yeah slashing any money from the police means less officers and investigators on the street.
    That story was somewhat sensationalist and inaccurate.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/0...und-the-police

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...-not-staffing/

It does not matter what they do with tanks or any other surplus equipment. The 'Defund Police' was positioned as a means to shift funding from those resources to other resources. Not necessarily tied to office budgeting, staffing, or new hires.

"Don't spend money on this, put it toward this instead". Communities ought to and do have a say in how their community's money is spent. As I said, it was simply some citizens saying they didn't want the police department's budget allocated to certain things.

They don't need a tank or surplus assault rifles for investigations. If they do, then there is likely a problem beyond 'defunding'.

Again, there was no debacle. That wording is wrong.

If the Dems can appeal to the McCain's of the country moving forward, the GOP is done.
    Need her to help split the GOP.