Sylvanas is not Kerrigan 2.0

I feel like the people who make the comparison has never played Brood war or Starcraft 2 to begin with.

Sylvanas has almost always had free will, Kerrigan was mind controlled by first The overmind, and then amon.

I don't need to list all the horrible things Sylvanas has done throughout the years, but what needs to be said is that she did all of those things on her own, no one was forcing her hand, except maybe Gilneas but she still went full nuclear.

Kerrigan however was forcefully infested, then mind controlled as the queen of blades into murdering billions. Even after the overmind died Amon assumed control over her into killing even more as seen in WoL.

You can't seriously tell me that you cant see a pretty drastic change of character from the time she was the queen of blades to the time she was Primal kerrigan. She expresses regret and apologises for having to infest a protoss scientist or whatever to stop the golden armada. She goes to hell and back to save the love of her life and after wrecking Korhal to kill Mengsk (Rightfully so), she literally takes her swarm to leave without any further bloodshed at all. She could have ended the Terran Dominion right there and then, she didn't. She even gave Raynor the oppertunity to kill her. And even at the end before being turned into a Xel'naga she says "I must do this, there is too much blood on my hands."

Sylvanas however has had free will since the first time saw her in the frozen throne. She goes on murdering sprees all the time, nukes gilneas and lordaeron, literally abandons Nathanos, her love. All of this she did with free will.

How exactly is the comparison fair? Kerrigan was mind controlled and still expresses regret for what she did, and is pretty much an anti hero. Sylvanas has always been evil, even after breaking free. She allied with the literal god of death, Kerrigan never willingly allied Amon, after killing mengsk she went straight to kill Amon. So what gives???

Yes their stories are similar, but so is pretty much everything from the Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft universe.
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2021-01-10 at 01:05 AM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    I feel like the people who make the comparison has never played Brood war or Starcraft 2 to begin with.

Sylvanas has almost always had free will, Kerrigan was mind controlled by first The overmind, and then amon.

I don't need to list all the horrible things Sylvanas has done throughout the years, but what needs to be said is that she did all of those things on her own, no one was forcing her hand, except maybe Gilneas but she still went full nuclear.

Kerrigan however was forcefully infested, then mind controlled as the queen of blades into murdering billions. Even after the overmind died Amon assumed control over her into killing even more as seen in WoL.

You can't seriously tell me that you cant see a pretty drastic change of character from the time she was the queen of blades to the time she was Primal kerrigan. She expresses regret and apologises for having to infest a protoss scientist or whatever to stop the golden armada. She goes to hell and back to save the love of her life and after wrecking Korhal to kill Mengsk (Rightfully so), she literally takes her swarm to leave without any further bloodshed at all. She could have ended the Terran Dominion right there and then, she didn't. She even gave Raynor the oppertunity to kill her. And even at the end before being turned into a Xel'naga she says "I must do this, there is too much blood on my hands."

Sylvanas however has had free will since the first time saw her in the frozen throne. She goes on murdering sprees all the time, nukes gilneas and lordaeron, literally abandons Nathanos, her love. All of this she did with free will.

How exactly is the comparison fair? Kerrigan was mind controlled and still expresses regret for what she did, and is pretty much an anti hero. Sylvanas has always been evil, even after breaking free. She allied with the literal god of death, Kerrigan never willingly allied Amon, after killing mengsk she went straight to kill Amon. So what gives???

Have you really ever paid attention to the story? Sylvanas is more sympathetic than Kerrigan.

Sylvanas was literally ripped from a peaceful death by frostmourne. Which has been show to damage souls that it takes. See Usher in that bastion short and arthas when he took frostmourne. People are so ready to believe arthas was mind controlled by the jailer and be ok with him. But sylvanas gets no leeway? She is more akin to a machine. Raising from undeath was a process that typically stripped the victims of their humanity. But she is 100% accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Have you really ever paid attention to the story? Sylvanas is more sympathetic than Kerrigan.

Sylvanas was literally ripped from a peaceful death by frostmourne. Which has been show to damage souls that it takes. See Usher in that bastion short and arthas when he took frostmourne. People are so ready to believe arthas was mind controlled by the jailer and be ok with him. But sylvanas gets no leeway? She is more akin to a machine. Raising from undeath was a process that typically stripped the victims of their humanity. But she is 100% accountable?
    If that was true people wouldn't have complained about Sira and Delaryn turning on their own people after being raised from undeath
    An'u belore delen'na

For Sylvanas to be sympathetic a she would need a different voice. And yes, she is 100% accountable, assuming she is not insane, neither of which make her sympathetic. She is like a child murderer that uses their own bad childhood as a reason to rectify the murders.

She is looking to be as much of a Kerrigan as she was looking to be as much of a Garrosh.

Blizzard writters have been shit for a long time. Why would things change?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    She is looking to be as much of a Kerrigan as she was looking to be as much of a Garrosh.

Blizzard writters have been shit for a long time. Why would things change?
    If you'd only read the OP.

Anti-hero that maybe gets a redeption doesn't equal to the same story.

You're essentially argueing that Sylvanas is Kerrigan is Deadpool is...wait no, not even this is right.

Sylvanas and Kerrigan literally have nothing in common besides both being female, powerful and from Blizzard. As of right now, they aren't even both anti-heroes, Sylvanas is a villain.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    If you'd only read the OP.

Anti-hero that maybe gets a redeption doesn't equal to the same story.

You're essentially argueing that Sylvanas is Kerrigan is Deadpool is...wait no, not even this is right.

Sylvanas and Kerrigan literally have nothing in common besides both being female, powerful and from Blizzard. As of right now, they aren't even both anti-heroes, Sylvanas is a villain.
    Yeah - she was also a morally grey faction leader and not a genocidal orc.

Kerrigan was literally Overmind's solution to Amon's influence over the Zerg. Amon's will had some effect on the Zerg mutagens within her (which would make the situation kinda comparable to how necromancy has an effect on the souls of the resurrected), but he did not control Kerrigan. Dezergified Kerrigan herself stated she was in control of her actions as the Queen of Blades in the Starcraft OOG material.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-01-10 at 02:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Kerrigan was literally Overmind's solution to Amon's influence over the Zerg. Amon's will had some effect on the Zerg mutagens within her (which would make the situation kinda comparable to how necromancy has an effect on the souls of the resurrected), but he did not control Kerrigan. Dezergified Kerrigan herself stated she was in control of her actions as the Queen of Blades in the Starcraft OOG material.
    Well then I stand corrected, but then Kerrigan should be compared to Arthas not Sylvanas

As the Wiki states
    Amon's will crept into her thoughts through the mutagen within her, showing her visions of his return and the extinction of the zerg. She pulled the Swarm back to Char, and for four years, she quietly prepared the zerg for war as per Amon's will. However, while Kerrigan felt his influence, Amon never directly controlled her. Though convinced that the future could not be averted, Kerrigan resolved that she and the Swarm would fight to the death and perish in a final blaze of glory.
    Ner'zhuls will crept into his thoughts through the runeblade he wielded, showing him visions of the return of the burning legion. He pulled the scourge back to Northrend and for many years he quietly prepared the scourge for a war as per Ner'zhuls will. However, while Arthas felt his influence, Ner'zhul was never directly controlled him. Though convinced that the burning legion would return, Arthas resolved that he and the scourge would kill all life yada yada yada

See? Well except from the fact that Arthas was always a terrible person I.e burning his own ships and killing the very mercenaries that helped him aswell as leaving Muradin for dead. So again, Kerrigan really isnt the same as any of the characters, in other words the comparison is still kinda stupid in my opinion
    An'u belore delen'na

Being mind-controlled gives you pass for doing bad things, you know, because it isn't your choice. Being forsaken =/= mind control. We meet lots of good forsaken.

Sylvanas just has a tragic backstory, that doesn't excuse doing evil things IMO. Literally everything she's done (including WC3:Frozen Throne) has been consistent with an evil character. None of her actions have shown even a hint of compassion. All the "good" things she's done (saving the Horde at the Broken Shore, etc.) have been for her own selfish goals, not conscience or ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post

It seems YOU haven't played Starcraft.

Kerrigan wasn't mindcontrolled and instead had free will. That's kind of the whole deal why she was infested by the Overmind as the Overmind didn't have free will due to his creation as Purity of Essence. Kerrigan was meant to replace the Overmind and make the Zerg stronger due to her having free will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yeah - she was also a morally grey faction leader and not a genocidal orc.
    Sylvanas has never been morally grey. She was good while alive and evil in death. Nothing inbetween. Perhaps read up on her plans for the other races, Horde included, as far back as Vanilla.

Garrosh on the other hand has been morally grey most of his time (one of the few characters that could actually pull that off). Then Blizzard suddenly hit him with the villain bat to please a whiny portion of the playerbase.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    She is more akin to a machine. Raising from undeath was a process that typically stripped the victims of their humanity. But she is 100% accountable?
    yes of course she is 100% accountable as there are other undead who are less evil so the stripping of humanity that undeath brings is no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post

Kerrigan wasn't mindcontrolled and instead had free will. That's kind of the whole deal why she was infested by the Overmind as the Overmind didn't have free will due to his creation as Purity of Essence. Kerrigan was meant to replace the Overmind and make the Zerg stronger due to her having free will.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas has never been morally grey. She was good while alive and evil in death. Nothing inbetween. Perhaps read up on her plans for the other races, Horde included, as far back as Vanilla.

Garrosh on the other hand has been morally grey most of his time (one of the few characters that could actually pull that off). Then Blizzard suddenly hit him with the villain bat to please a whiny portion of the playerbase.
    It doesent matter what his intent was, the entire point is that she was mind controlled during that time and then heavily influenced by amon afterwards

Zasz even calls her a slave to the swarm lol
    while she had retained most of her spirit, she could not stray from the Overmind's will
    Aka mind control, as far as I remember Sylvanas attempted to assassinate Arthas in wc3, like a good 30+ years before she made the deal with the jailer

Hilarious to think shed abandon everyone in her life to serve som giant eye ball willingly
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2021-01-10 at 04:15 AM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno bout that. I believe the Overmind also stated that like Cerebrates, Kerrigan was bound to it's will. She may not have been directly mind controlled, but her behaviour was clearly influenced.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Don't worry, Blizzard will release a book "Sylvanas: Rise of the Banshee Queen" where they'll reveal she'd been mind controlled all along and people will be using it as an argument why she's no worse than Tyrande who will have gone mad and turned into a villain in the meantime. Repeat infinitely with other characters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Dunno bout that. I believe the Overmind also stated that like Cerebrates, Kerrigan was bound to it's will. She may not have been directly mind controlled, but her behaviour was clearly influenced.
    Tbh, while the Overmind does state that "She is bound to me as intimately as any other part of the Swarm", it also says that she’s been left her own will intact, "so that the Swarm can benefit from her fierce example". Which is quite the contradiction if you ask me, seeing as how not even the Zerg high ranking officers (aka Cerebrates) had any actual free will.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I hope she wont. I really want to kill her forever

>Sylvanas has almost always had free will, Kerrigan was mind controlled by first The overmind, and then amon.

In HotS, Kerrigan killed billions of her own free will. And just to get revenge on one person. Not for the greater good or justice, but simply for revenge.
    Sylvanas is almost a saint compared to Kerrigan.

Imo, Sylvanas should not get a redemption style ending.
    It would make no sense for the Azeroth races to forgive her regardless of her motives.

BUT
    If I was in her place I will probably do things similarly to her approach.

Why should I be thrown in hell (Maw) for no other reason than being resurrected by Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh, while the Overmind does state that "She is bound to me as intimately as any other part of the Swarm", it also says that she’s been left her own will intact, "so that the Swarm can benefit from her fierce example". Which is quite the contradiction if you ask me, seeing as how not even the Zerg high ranking officers (aka Cerebrates) had any actual free will.
    Because the overmind was the one being mind controlled.
    He had to give her the tools to break free so that he didn't even know it.