Poll: Is Shadowlands good?

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im still on the fence.
    For some reason i cant find a class/spec i really enjoy all aspects from.
    Right now i have 3 lvl 60's, 2 58's and 2 53's but so far none grabbed me as THE class..
    I like Torghast on my kyrian prot paly, its fun as fuck.
    Doing WQ's and pugging (i mostly play solo) is meh.

The WQ's and questing i do like on my rogue, but not so much the Torghast and pvp aspect.
    And while i do enjoy to pvp on my mage im not that fond of the WQ's and Torghast on my mage.

But maintaining 3 chars also feels like a waste since i dont enjoy the other aspects on those so..

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    It's probably the most dull expansion in the last 10 years, I'm not saying it's BAD, it's just dull... Mission tables are watered out, we've done them enough, please fucking remove them from the game now. World quests are the same as always but less useful, personally I dont do ANY of them except what's needed to complete the Emissa.... sorry.. CALLINGS (yeah, more reused crap). Working on your sanctum,.. uhm.. i dont know anyone that actually care about that shit, I dont even do the "go do a puzzle and get a reward" daily, I am totally ignoring it. The necklace and the essen.. sorry again.. I mean the Covenant tree and the Conduits are just a copy paste of the BFA necklace and essences, there is always a cookie cutter and works 100% the same way as the necklace in BFA. Maw is complete bullshit and nothing I do more than the weekly quests and tbh, I have no idea why I even do those as they are rather useless after you bought the permanent Torghast upgrades (yeah cba to farm 7.2k for a gem socket). Torghast was fun the first 7 times but is now only a chore that I eventually will stop doing as well, simply as I dont give a shit about the leggos apart from my BIS, when that is done, I'm done with Torghast.

On the flipside, the 5man instances are pretty entertaining and looks great. The raid is also very nice, the scenery is cool, the bosses are not over complicated but still require you to keep full focus, they're actually all pretty damn nice and well tuned imo. The scarcity of loot is freaking AWESOME, finally I'm getting a good feeling again when I loot something as it's probably an upgrade and more importantly, it's something I wont replace after 26 minutes. Epic loot is almost feeling epic again and I dont feel forced to spam-run m+ to gear myself to outgear the raid and make it trivial. The gear/loot change is probably my absolute biggest pro in SL, it's just an awesome direction of the game.
    ye - that feeling when you wipe on boss for 3 hours, inwesting tens of thousands of gold into pots/food only to recive 35 anima as reward for kill - pure awesomness.

I’m enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye - that feeling when you wipe on boss for 3 hours, inwesting tens of thousands of gold into pots/food only to recive 35 anima as reward for kill - pure awesomness.
    I dont raid shit for loot but for the fun and challenge of it, so I can't relate but I'm sorry for your wasted gold and time to not get epics...

TBH i have never disliked wow more then now shadowland is fucking awful infact it sucks so much it makes MOP CATA BFA look like the witcher 3 doom eternal and gta 5
    Last edited by Darkviper 2187; 2021-01-10 at 01:36 AM.

I think it's really good right now but I'm concerned about the longevity: so too early to tell for me. The storylines are some of the best in a long while, the areas are unique and well created. I'm a big fan of Nathria and the dungeons, Torghast is also pretty cool. The problem is that the xpac has only been out a month and there's nothing left. I'm concerned that by the time I run Torghast the 500th time I'll never want to step near the place again. Similar to the bfA visions, I loathed having to do those every week.

I'm not really a "go out and farm cosmetic rewards insistently" kind of person and Shadowlands is loaded with that. I'll just have to see how they keep the grinds unique and exciting and keep the storylines engaging without dragging out lengthy periods of zero to do.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    So, Twisted Corridors is account bound, so if you unlocked it on one char, it is unlocked on all. Even the layers are unlocked as the main.
    And to add to this, there's a recent hotfix that made it so that every Torghast quest up to the clues for Thrall can be done in a single week now. They've eliminated the 1-week wait time between steps. It leaves only the Thrall clues, rescuing Thrall and Anduin clues for a second week. I know this because I dinged 60 on this past Tuesday on an alt and got all the way through saving Jaina in a single week, it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkviper 2187 View Post
    TBH i have never disliked wow more then now shadowland is fucking awful infact it sucks so much it makes MOP CATA BFA look like the witcher 3 doom eternal and gta 5
    I also feel like I had more to do in BFA than Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    + We always...ALWAYS have PVP vendors since BC. I didnt even name it, because is always there.
    Wait, lol what? There were no PvP vendors in BfA.

Shadowlands class design imo is good. I really enjoy both destro lock and sub rogue atm. I also think the reward systems are much better than they have been in a long time especially for PVP. Loot is acquired slower but feels more meaningful and I don't miss titanforging or corruptions for a second. Legendaries add a nice bit of spice. The raid is fun and I think many of the dungeons are too. I don't really like the stygia farm for sockets, I think the maw content could be cut, with sockets being a reward from torghast or from honor or a PVE drop or all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    5.) GV is fantastic. Having more options for loot by simply playing the game is a huge improvement to the old weekly box.
    I really do think that the loot drops were balanced around it at the same time. You no longer have bonus loot, the overall loot drop is less. So on a positive negative scale you didn't really win too much. Especially compared to expansions before Legion.
    I mean I can fuck stuff up to the point where anything slightly better looks like food from heaven.

+titanforging is gone and sockets can be forced
    +no real need to do world quests
    +greater vault feels really much better than the rng weekly chest. You can work your way to upgrades and effort, on average, pays off.

-world quests became super tedious
    -PVP is a little bit too overbearing. You must PVP if u want to succeed in PVE (free high ilvl gear), basically. This has never been the case.
    -M+ gear level is atrocious compared to raid gear. Feels very unrewarding
    -mission table sucks
    Last edited by Makarena; 2021-01-10 at 03:56 AM.

I am done at this point and just on maintenance. I burnt out hard, there feels like 10x less WQ variety this time around. It's terrible.

It's okay but by no means is it great like people say, it's functionally the same as BFA with Torghast being an improved Islands system. I already finished Layer 8 there and just feel so pooched out. All my reps are done, Ven'ari is maxed, Anima conductor is done with level 2 transport and level 1 mission table.

This is my issue with modern WoW now, all these expansions are functionally the same since Legion. Same general features outline, same gating timing. It's just a drag and drop of a theme and maybe a unique feature or two. It doesn't feel new. I'm doing the same 5 WQ types that i've been doing since Legion, Getting a currency to spend on Gear/Upgrades and Xmog (Like Legion and BFA). I just don't get the hype I guess. It just feels like a Wooly Willy guide to game design
    Last edited by Varitok; 2021-01-10 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Sure there was. It was just a linear one that you filled a bar up for. That's what vendors are, right?
    No, vendors are much more then that. Since that order that was given by blizzard maybe made you wait 1-2-3 weeks for nothing since you already got same ilvl or better items then those that were coming out in blizz's order. It probably might sound minor, but it sure is MAJOR to not get a PVP upgrade for 3 weeks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by dayne87 View Post
    And to add to this, there's a recent hotfix that made it so that every Torghast quest up to the clues for Thrall can be done in a single week now. They've eliminated the 1-week wait time between steps. It leaves only the Thrall clues, rescuing Thrall and Anduin clues for a second week. I know this because I dinged 60 on this past Tuesday on an alt and got all the way through saving Jaina in a single week, it was great.
    Yeah man, I've somehow expected this to happen:

I know what you meant. But those missions are started with the Crystal, in the middle.
    I don't think they will still be gated when Twisted Corridors will launch. At least not for alts "I've seen this story before .... just take me to Twisted Corridors".
    Only time will tell.
    They will go multiple times in Thorgast, in the same day, and that's about it.

BTW: Just hit 60 on my rogue today, and this is how it looks after 10hours of /played since ding.

So for those that fear there is no catchup mechanics

Did:
    5 1st boss normals and got the recipe for my BiS Legendary
    1 full layer 1 torghast
    completed 6/9 covenant chapters. atm there is no other quest given
    unlocked the runecarver, still need to do l8 torghast for 1250 soul ash, probably when I'll wake up

Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-10 at 04:04 AM.

Everything about the game feels like it was designed to take as much time as possible. I'm starting to actively dislike the game as a result. Also there are just so many tuning problems and just straight up bugs that it maddens me.

It's a strong foundation, but as others have said the game itself is kind of boring. They really need to give you more reasons to want to login.

The maw is a bit of a failure IMO. WoW seems to have hit a bit of a creativity cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    as a casual player it feels a little like i'm getting punished for playing the game now instead of playing other stuff and coming back in 2 months when:

Full lfr is open
    i can actually experience my covenant chain in satisfying chunks
    the good parts of torghast are open
    even max ilevel legendary components are cheap

i keep hearing people parrot the phrase "It feels so good to just be done with a character for the week". is this really what people want? to just log on and do some chores and be happy they're gated from getting more rewards until the next week? when did wow become a mobile game?
    I understand your perspective, but I think it's more comparable to how the game used to be rather than mobile games.

As someone who primarily enjoys raiding/dungeons/RBGs, the less stuff that gives player power outside of that content the better, & thankfully that's what we have in Shadowlands, & what we enjoyed in the past as well. I don't want to be expected to do a tedious AP farm or clear the map of quests for a legendary chance. An hour of Torghast each week & the covenant campaign keeps my character pretty much on the bleeding edge, leaving a lot more time to do the stuff I actually enjoy rather than doing chores. It's not that I don't want to play the game... Hell, if anything, it's the opposite: I WANT to play the parts of the game I like, and Shadowlands makes more room for that than Legion & BfA ever did.

I agree that legendary crafting could've been handled better, the covenant campaign is underwhelming (although I knew that from beta), & some professions are sadly just dead. It's not perfect by any means... It's just a lot better than it was in BfA. I skipped 15-18~ months of BfA, while I'll unlikely miss a single month of SL if it keeps going like this.

Yeah man, I've somehow expected this to happen:

BTW: Just hit 60 on my rogue today, and this is how it looks after 10hours of /played since ding.

So for those that fear there is no catchup mechanics

Did:
    5 1st boss normals and got the recipe for my BiS Legendary
    1 full layer 1 torghast
    completed 6/9 covenant chapters. atm there is no other quest given
    unlocked the runecarver, still need to do l8 torghast for 1250 soul ash, probably when I'll wake up

the problem was never on initial gearing. the problem starts when you hit +/- 180 itlv - it will be now partialy negated by 197 gear from covenant / weapon&rings&trikets from random bgs and honor - but then you hit a enormouswall - you have to do m+ and normal and m+ and normal dont drop any gear for you or drop next to nothing.

thats what people have problem with .

both in Legion and BfA it was offset by emissaries gear and warfront. now in a week you hit a wall and you are disencouraged from playning this game on casual level

5+ Year Old Account
    Reached Ardenweald this weekend. Taking a very slow pace.
    Loved Bastion and Maldraxxus, but Ardenweald is my favorite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats what people have problem with.
    It wasn't about ilvl but it was about renown.

But for those that have problem with the "ilvl", they should backed what they are saying with their character armory link. Since until now, nobody linked their armory from those that talked about M+ and raid gear drop as a problem.

It only seemed like a subjective opinion of those who liked being rained upon with gear in BFA and don't know how raid gearing went for years and years.
    Sure, I do get why people want badge/justice system, and it will most likely be a thing in the next patch.
    But as people earlier said, the main drive of playing this should be for fun and for the challange.
    If you play this game as a success replacement for your real life, it will suck and you will be frustrated to see that "35 anima" a couple of m+ runs.