Oh, you guys enjoyed the Bills-Indy game? I aged like 40 years.

Not impressed with how we played, but we won playing badly. This may be a superstition of mine, or something, but I happen to think a good playoff run always involves a scare you barely scrape past. I hope it kicks the Bills right in the ass. SIR CHARLES BARKLEY PICKED YOU TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL YOU BILLS.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Not impressed with how we played, but we won playing badly. This may be a superstition of mine, or something, but I happen to think a good playoff run always involves a scare you barely scrape past. I hope it kicks the Bills right in the ass. SIR CHARLES BARKLEY PICKED YOU TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL YOU BILLS.
    Yeah I can understand that reaction if you're a Bills fan. That was not the game you expected with how they came into the playoffs.

But hey, they get the cupcake Steelers next week to get right.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah I can understand that reaction if you're a Bills fan. That was not the game you expected with how they came into the playoffs.

But hey, they get the cupcake Steelers next week to get right.
    I'm not sure what is wrong with me. As a long time Bills fan, I just had a feeling they were going to let me down, again. Indianapolis is a legit team.

I watched the game at home by myself (wife just played wow in another room) with very little emotion. That is odd for me. Normally I'm stringing together curse words. It kind of felt like an out of body experience.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    That might say more about the Bucs than anything.
    It amazes me how insanely easy their schedule was. They went 11-5 with only 1 win against a team that finished with a winning record. Even their last 8 games they lost to the 3 good teams they played. Then they got the horrific Lions defense that didn't even have their coaches, 2 against the bad Falcons defense, the Panthers who have no offense, and the Vikings. Then they manage to play the 7-9 division winner playing their 4th string QB in the playoffs.

The Vikings are probably the second best team they have beat this year...

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I'm not sure what is wrong with me. As a long time Bills fan, I just had a feeling they were going to let me down, again. Indianapolis is a legit team.

I watched the game at home by myself (wife just played wow in another room) with very little emotion. That is odd for me. Normally I'm stringing together curse words. It kind of felt like an out of body experience.
    I had some emotions during that fumble that they refused to call a fumble.

But yeah, I watched the whole game with a sense of foreboding. Which kept getting fulfilled at every turn, from us starting 10-0 down right to the Hail Mary attempt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    It amazes me how insanely easy their schedule was. They went 11-5 with only 1 win against a team that finished with a winning record. Even their last 8 games they lost to the 3 good teams they played. Then they got the horrific Lions defense that didn't even have their coaches, 2 against the bad Falcons defense, the Panthers who have no offense, and the Vikings. Then they manage to play the 7-9 division winner playing their 4th string QB in the playoffs.

The Vikings are probably the second best team they have beat this year...
    IDK you could do that breakdown to a lot of teams.

Packers got teams like lions x2, bears x2, vikings x2 (lost one), jags, texans, eagles, falcons, niners, panthers

lost to colts, demolished by bucs

Their only 2 wins against teams with positive records were saints and titans. And only titans game was a confident win; saints was by 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Bills, I believe, are the only team in the AFC with a Strength of Schedule above .500.

There was a lot of disparity in the NFL this year, lots of bad teams and teams that cleaned up on bad teams. Unlike the AFC North, which got three playoff teams because they played the NFC East, the Bills played the NFC West and went 3-1, and only missed out on 4-0 on a fluke Hail Mary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playoff Lamar has arrived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it Playoff Lamar, Playoff Titans, or Both?

After all the Titans were up on the Chiefs in the AFC Championship last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    More refs on crack.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    What a shitty way to lose, having your receiver just...trip as the ball is about to hit him in the chest.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refs have been mostly OK this season. They were clearly saving their bullshit for the playoffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Refs have been mostly OK this season. They were clearly saving their bullshit for the playoffs.
    Can you link a replay of the call you're talking about? I wasn't paying attention to much of the second half

10+ Year Old Account
    And now for the two worst games of the weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Can you link a replay of the call you're talking about? I wasn't paying attention to much of the second half
    Very very tacky OPI on a RB screen. I will post a clip if I can find it. Everyone is posting the Ravens kicking the midfield logo right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    They should be better than just "OK". They should be spot on and just about perfect. As much video as can be used they should get things pretty much right. The more and more I watch it. Refs seem to have the mandate to make games "interesting" and close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They should be better than just "OK". They should be spot on and just about perfect. As much video as can be used they should get things pretty much right. The more and more I watch it. Refs seem to have the mandate to make games "interesting" and close.
    They get it wrong even with replay, its astounding. The way they blew what should have been an game-ending fumble by Indy is not something we should have to be putting up with. They got the power to correct pass-interference with replay and did their best to sabotage it with poor decisions and have the rule discarded.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Sports have this obsession with having a human element in officiating. At least the NBA will look at nearly any close call on video. It takes longer but most the time I watch they get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Don't really post here, since I have nothing to value to add, but the Bills gave me a few more gray hairs as well. I have a bit of a lump of worry in my stomach that we'll get back to the SB and lose again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Don't really post here, since I have nothing to value to add, but the Bills gave me a few more gray hairs as well. I have a bit of a lump of worry in my stomach that we'll get back to the SB and lose again.
    I'd take that over everything the Bills have done between 2000 and 2016. Don't get me wrong, it would be depressing to pile on superbowl defeat #5.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .