Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Thank you for proving you didn't bother reading the OP at all and are just being a contrarian. He only needs a couple more keys. Is he supposed to keep running his DoS that turns into a Plaguefall or NW back into a DoS when he needed that SD? Like, do you even play this game? I don't have this problem because I have a group of friends I do 15-16s with but damn, dude. You're ignorant to the max.
    Thanks you for understanding what i was trying to say, I was seriously double checking what I was written for a second because some of this replies doesn't get the point. People assumes you don't want to do your own keys when the complaint is because I don't get invited to any groups i had to do the dungeons I don't need for rio and gear many times in order to get the 2 missing keys I needed. And that is assuming I timed each one in first try so i don't have to waste another 5 hours again repetedly . People seems to not understand how frustirating to do 5 hours of useless content in order to attempt ONE KEY THAT CAN FAIL BECAUSE OF A DC ETC.

I cannot wait for another comment from some dude saying "JuSt mAkE YoUr oWn GrOuPs, BrO"

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Thanks you for understanding what i was trying to say, I was seriously double checking what I was written for a second because some of this replies doesn't get the point. People assumes you don't want to do your own keys when the complaint is because I don't get invited to any groups i had to do the dungeons I don't need for rio and gear many times in order to get the 2 missing keys I needed. And that is assuming I timed each one in first try so i don't have to waste another 5 hours again repetedly . People seems to not understand how frustirating to do 5 hours of useless content in order to attempt ONE KEY THAT CAN FAIL BECAUSE OF A DC ETC.

I cannot wait for another comment from some dude saying "JuSt mAkE YoUr oWn GrOuPs, BrO"
    I mean, I really don't know what you wanted to accomplish with this thread anyway. Was this thread some kind of catharsis for the numbing realization that off-meta specs have a difficult time grinding IO?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    well, at least you get declined at high level keys. My main is a 200ilvl rogue and I have to spam for an hour to get an invite for a +6 xD
    I run tank/healer combo and that comes with it's own set of issues. We can't get enough 8-9s ran because dps wants to bail at the 1st sign of trouble... usually their low dps.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I mean, I really don't know what you wanted to accomplish with this thread anyway. Was this thread some kind of catharsis for the numbing realization that off-meta specs have a difficult time grinding IO?
    No, I wanted actual opinions how and what people seek when they are making their pug groups. I also wanted to know how some people would defend the amount of min-maxing choices they have (which I think it ruins the game to an extent). Then it devolved to this, which I was expecting, since as i said, the community at the very moment is rotten to the core. They see a guide, read whats meta, blindly fallows it and don't realize how shitty it makes the game in long term. You get fucked in the arse unless you play xyz spec/class combination until wow devs makes the tgz spec/class meta, and you hope to be in it or reroll to it if you don't want to get fucked in the ass in any pug environment.

Some of the stuff I wrote was biased because I was annoyed as shit that I need to waste 6 hours of my life to attempt something that has a chance to fail and I have to go over again because apperently a lot of dps applying for a key makes it okay for asking unrealistic requirements. Apperently not the best= dogshit and that logic is sound and fine. It just saddens me that people non-ironically defends that point even on rather trivial stuff in a video game.

Kinda off topic here but nice sig dude .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I run tank/healer combo and that comes with it's own set of issues. We can't get enough 8-9s ran because dps wants to bail at the 1st sign of trouble... usually their low dps.
    Eh when I was playing tank, and if the dps was a bit on the low side I generally whispered healer that if I pulled more would he be okay with it. If they said yes I would just do bigger pulls than I would, since mindless aoe works on those range of keys to an extent. This was before aoe cap though.

Quote Originally Posted by Malviouz View Post
    Make your own group and stop crying.
    This is kind of players that destroy wow community.

ot: I think Blizzard should remove M+ KEYS overall. And they should give us ability to choose what dungeon and what level of that dungeon we want to do.

What's the point of RNG keys?

No, I wanted actual opinions how and what people seek when they are making their pug groups. I also wanted to know how some people would defend the amount of min-maxing choices they have (which I think it ruins the game to an extent). Then it devolved to this, which I was expecting, since as i said, the community at the very moment is rotten to the core. They see a guide, read whats meta, blindly fallows it and don't realize how shitty it makes the game in long term. You get fucked in the arse unless you play xyz spec/class combination until wow devs makes the tgz spec/class meta, and you hope to be in it or reroll to it if you don't want to get fucked in the ass in any pug environment.

Some of the stuff I wrote was biased because I was annoyed as shit that I need to waste 6 hours of my life to attempt something that has a chance to fail and I have to go over again because apperently a lot of dps applying for a key makes it okay for asking unrealistic requirements. Apperently not the best= dogshit and that logic is sound and fine. It just saddens me that people non-ironically defends that point even on rather trivial stuff in a video game.
    The game's been like this for a very long time. In TBC I played a Guardian Druid and never got invited to tank anything because I wasn't a Prot Warrior. I played an Enhancement Shaman when my purpose in the raid was to buff Rogue DPS back in WotLK. I played an Ele Shaman in Cata and I was 7th in line for the Legendary staff, behind the GM's Warlock alt. I played Shadow for MoP and WoD. I quit in Legion because I hated what they did to Shadow and I grinded 2.6k IO in 8.3 on the same toon. At every point in this game's existence there have been meta slaves and being a "good player" is only one very small part of the equation. I think R.IO has kind of eliminated some of the fun of vetting people for high-end group content but this is hardly something exclusive to SL.

Years and years and people still get upset and whiney about not getting invited to other people's keys\groups.

There are literally hundreds of dps applies to groups, you're not special, get over it. Join a guild, form a m+ team or at least run your own keys and make your own groups.

Stop with the friggin' whinefest, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The game's been like this for a very long time. I played an Enhancement Shaman when my purpose in the raid was to buff Rogue DPS back in WotLK. I played an Ele Shaman in Cata and I was 7th in line for the Legendary staff, behind the GM's Warlock alt. I played Shadow for MoP and WoD. I quit in Legion because I hated what they did to Shadow and I grinded 2.6k IO in 8.3 on the same toon. At every point in this game's existence there have been meta slaves and being a "good player" is only one very small part of the equation. I think R.IO has kind of eliminated some of the fun of vetting people for high-end group content but this is hardly something exclusive to SL.
    My problem is that people don't realize what they are in the end, as a player and as their current progress. For example, everybody wants the most optimal, the best, regardless of the player skill to an extent. Warlock is a good example this at this very moment. Want to do M raiding? You play affli. You play affli in a 8/10 M guild, you play affli at a 9/10 hc 1/10 m guild. People meme the shit out of you when you play destro because x,y,z warlock content creater made a video or two about warlocks so if you dont play affli warlock at best case you get your balls busted, at worst case you are shit out of luck. You can be the best player in the whole guild, you can do even perform better against the meta spec, the argument will be if you played affli it would be even better.

I don't even fucking mind if I was in a rather hardcore M raiding guild that pretty much forces me to play a spec because that is towards my goals, so I will do my best to achieve it, because other people are doing their best to in a realistic pace. But when the fucking guild who still cannot clear hc but forces their players to certain specs regardless of performance, I actually anger me to such an extent that i have to leave my keyboard and go for a walk. Those people don't even realize the specs of the classes is the least of the problems they have about the game when they still cannot clear hc nathria when people cleared it on second week on pug. Same applies in m+plus. Same shit, different smell.

People try to min-max most trivial shit when they cannot even execute their class rotation properly. Its just a never ending shithole at low to mid end of the spectrum because they dont realize you can clear content with anything, you are just not going to be the top 5-20 guilds that does it. A meta class/spec doesn't make a bad player good. But it seems the community has a rage boner for only the most OP broken shit and any viable class/spec is horse shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Years and years and people still get upset and whiney about not getting invited to other people's keys\groups.

There are literally hundreds of dps applies to groups, you're not special, get over it. Join a guild, form a m+ team or at least run your own keys and make your own groups.

Sure let me do 7 runs on shit I don't need in order to get a shot of the key i need. That should be my only avenue in pug in order to get invited to the said pug because of my class regardless of my gear/rio score. Just waste 5 hours on content that doesn't give any gear apart from weekly chest due to no titanforging and no rio since I did everything else. Cherry on the top, you can't even select the next key you will get, so I might be lucky or unlucky and do 10 runs , waste 8 hours instead of 5, and might fail the said key because of a tank dc or anything a kin to that do it again.

WHAT A NICE THING TO BE FORCED INTO BECAUSE COMMUNITYS PERCEPTION OF MY CLASS DUDE. FANTASTIC SOLUTION THERE .

Good thing I am already done with the achi, because wow community in general wants me to puke in my mouth sometimes. So don't have to see the cringe 1.5 k plus for +15 key from 1 k dudes who look for free boosts.

Only way to avoid the negatives of the community's perception is to stop relying on the community at all OP. Why is that so bad or so hard?

Blame blizzard for not tuning.
    Blame blizzard for adding timers.
    Blame blizzard for pushing people to the mindset that the gear is the ultimate goal and not completing the activities themselves.
    Stop trying to act like people need to be humble or accepting of anything innately in any video game.

Sure let me do 7 runs on shit I don't need in order to get a shot of the key i need.
    This is literally the same feeling of entitlement that the people who are denying you have. "Why should I accept lesser when I feel I don't need to?"

People try to min-max most trivial shit when they cannot even execute their class rotation properly. Its just a never ending shithole at low to mid end of the spectrum because they dont realize you can clear content with anything, you are just not going to be the top 5-20 guilds that does it. A meta class/spec doesn't make a bad player good. But it seems the community has a rage boner for only the most OP broken shit and any viable class/spec is horse shit.
    I would argue its much simpler than that. Most people know you can clear stuff with suboptimal classes/specs/talents. But if progression is an issue, it's the easiest things to change. It's especially true in pugs because you don't know what skill level of a player you are bringing into your pug. However, you do know in advance what spec they are.

It may suck for you, but people aren't going to give the benefit of the doubt. You are a stranger to them.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Again with the guild thing. Yet to find a guild that allows you to run whatever the key, whatever the role whenever you login.

No guild out there will ever match your need if the need is doing what I wrote in the first paragraph.
    uhm...my guild does that lol,every night after raid,the gm or some officers call out for peoples keys to be done and they go,sometimes if your on during the day some people do keys also

I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    this happens when content is overtuned and drop garbage rewards.

also if like you said you done other +15 you should have you own +14 key - so what is stoping you from pushing that and making your own groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

this problem is connected direcly to how keys in m+ operate.

imo this system is wrong from its birth.

what we should have gotten back in Legion is system identical to thorgast layers choice in SL - you can choose any dungeon you want with any difficulty you want when entering dungeon (and when you complete difficulty X of dungone Y you get access to difficulty X +1 in this dungeon and so on and so on ) - it should have never been tied to a random generated key.

this is the original sin of m+ and base cause of enrmous amount of people's frustration.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-01-10 at 08:22 AM.

Repeatable, easy and boring content, race-like challenge and highly PUGable - sorry mates but M+ from start is only trash tier activities.

Mythic + has done more damage to this game than all of the boogeymen like LFD, flying and borrowed power could ever do

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    uhm...my guild does that lol,every night after raid,the gm or some officers call out for peoples keys to be done and they go,sometimes if your on during the day some people do keys also
    just because you have that doesn't mean it's widely available. every guild I've ever joined had a close clique of people that they took to mythics and raids. they treat everyone outside that clique like outsiders, usually ignoring them when they talk in gchat or coming up with dumb reasons for not taking them to groups like they have one talent choice the core group doesn't like.

I am typing this because I am genuinely about to break my keyboard with anger. 1310 rio Warlock here, Literally need 2 more dungeons to get +15 mount, grinded 12 hours per day since this reset if not more. Why? Because I didn't get a single dungeon invite this week. Zero. I applied more than 150 dungeons, not a single invite. What does the community require from you do get bloody invites? 1.3 K rio, 215 I lvl and how does everybody expecting to you to have more? I have been only doing my keys but at this point I just cannot stand going to some of the places for the 4th -5th bloody time.

So heres my question, what do you require from your pugs to invite them to your high m+ pluses?
    You are useless, that is why you don't get invited.
    Play a class with usefull abilities.

Brother warlock, i wou invite you! Buy people are sheep.
    "Play meta, hurrrdurr, do not play what you want, play meta, MDI pogchampppp!!! Hurrrrr"...
    you get the geste, its insane

- - - Updated - - -
    About inviting: Boomie, firemage and hunters:

I woudnt, most firemages are legit braindead and cant combust. Lots of hunters refuse to BL, "dps löss" boomie has An messed up ramp, and tanks Will cry door much about the trents.

Then you have real players, who play what they want, and know their class, user their abilities, etc. But you need a guild for that. I advice, stop pugging. Join a guild, a Community, anything.

Ofcourse you can do a 15 with offmeta classes, its Just a bit harder, nog as hard as with flavor of the month rerollers.
    Last edited by Wedny22; 2021-01-10 at 09:27 AM. Reason: T9 phone SUCKS

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a great solution vs. toxicity and elitism concerning pugs.

Make Blizzard ban / forbid R.IO
    Profit

I sincerely hate this stupid addon, it ruined the game for so many players, especially those playing "non-meta" classes and specs
    A lot of people will be very happy

I was in a dungeon this week where someone literally told me he would jab my head off because I was mounted for too long and my DPS was subpar. I just turned 60..

I was astounded, couldn’t believe what I was reading. Never in those 15 years have I heard someone talking like that. Would have never happened back in the day, Blizzard has created a abhorrent and deplorable community. Or at least let it happen and refused to fix it.

The first thing I look for when inviting to pugs is experience with the dungeon, then general experience (rio score and amount of timed keys at the appropriate range) then Ilvl, then class/spec utility. Ive found this works well up to 15s at least, Ive never bothered doing higher keys than that. I dont mind inviting off meta specs, because I know those guys struggle more to get invited and still stick with it. Then again having experience of pugging as feral (which has never been meta) makes me a bit biased.

You do meet some strange characters while pugging though.

Edit: Oh and one more thing. Dont take it personal if you dont get invited. Ive found its quite common to get overgeared and overscored people signing up for keys. Hard to compete with that.
    Last edited by Ygg; 2021-01-10 at 09:55 AM.