clever conduit upgrades

hi champs

if I make an alt and only learn my BiS conduits ... will I be able to use Ve'nari's conduit-upgrade item and have full 226 BiS conduits in no time? has anyone tried this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    hi champs

if I make an alt and only learn my BiS conduits ... will I be able to use Ve'nari's conduit-upgrade item and have full 226 BiS conduits in no time? has anyone tried this?

The item description reads "Add a Conduit you do not have to your collection, or upgrade an existing Conduit by one rank. The upgraded Conduit will be selected randomly from your lowest-rank Conduits."

So the item also gives you a chance to add a Conduit to your collection you don't currently have. Sounds like it's a chance to either do what you propose, or you just wasted Stygia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    hi champs

Pretty sure that the upgrade from ve'nari first learns all the conduits you dont have before it upgrades the ones you have. Can't remember where i read that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The item also says "Add a Conduit you do not have to your collection, or upgrade an existing Conduit by one rank. The upgraded Conduit will be selected randomly from your lowest-rank Conduits."

So the item also gives you a chance to add a Conduit to your collection you don't currently have. Sounds like it's a chance to either do what you propose, or you just wasted Stygia.
    damn I missed that part. thanks for info, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Hi champ. Mind you, learn to read tooltips. As already sorted, you will first get conduits you don't have yet before anything is being raised in rank.
    imagine replying to be a snarky smart ass and adding nothing to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    imagine replying to be a snarky smart ass and adding nothing to the discussion.
    Just like your own post, as well as mine?

While snarky in tone, it is indeed a good idea to fully read tooltips before asking about what the item does, in case the function is in the tooltip.

Long story short, yes you can then use the item to upgrade them to 226, but it will actually make it take longer rather than shorter.