Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Twisting Corridors

Cheers

What you guys pref for all 8 Layers? Havoc or DH? Any tips / guides for this ?

seems like vengeance is the choice here, get immolation aura buff + cooldown reduction on eyebeam + invincibility during eyebeam

Try going havoc until floor 12 then switch to vengence after gathering powers.

Edit: Not sure if you know but when you reach Venari you can change spec/talents/items near her.
    Last edited by Shakhar; 2021-01-10 at 01:27 PM.

u can do as both.

If you want super easy mode solo everything in Torghast....

Vengeance DH
    Growing Inferno Soul Conduit(increases damage every time it ticks)
    Grim Tinder anima power(immolation aura last forever)
    Grab as many immolation flux(increase immolation aura damage) as you can.
    Grab Fury Wrappings and stack as many as you can. Each stack increases your dodge by 15% giving up to 90% dodge plus your parry you can’t be hit.
    Grab tons of health increasing anima powers. Obleron health increases and the mawrat spices one. The blood gorger anima power helps with susitain.

This build gives you infinitely stacking immolation damage if you can keep it from falling off. Immunity to physical attacks and resistance to dying from big spell nukes. It can be a little tricking keeping your immolation aura from dropping and impossible to stop it from dropping when you go up a floor but getting more bonuses to immolation aura damage helps it ramp up quickly. Also, do not refresh immolation aura duration by hitting immolation aura again(unless it falls off entirely) or your stacking damage resets.

Except its been fixed and its not infinite anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsamee View Post
    Except its been fixed and its not infinite anymore.
    When? Have not seen that in. Blue post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakhar View Post
    Try going havoc until floor 12 then switch to vengence after gathering powers.

Edit: Not sure if you know but when you reach Venari you can change spec/talents/items near her.
    What. This is news to me! Though I already cleared layer 8..
    Hi

I would advise against trying Twisting Corridors solo as a Demon Hunter. You might be able to survive it with the right anima powers, but you don't have any of the real cheese anima powers that let you do 300k damage with condemn spam for example.
    Considering regular mobs have 2M health on layer 8, you will want to be able to hit mobs like a nuke.

Every complete I have used Mawrat death=% to HP talent on first or second floor. (solo runs)

I have only been playing as Havoc in Twisting. Still on section 8. I have tried 4 runs the last few nights and have not been able to get the anima to get enough HP compared to my other runs. I am NOT exalted with the Maw vendor and I think not having that final item to see more anima powers is 100% needed unless you just keep rolling +45% hp buff.

I'm sure someone has finished section 8 without the item but from my experience of failing I have been wondering if it would have helped me win. I was going to take screenshots of my final powers for each finish but they ended up all being the same build basically.

Lowest hp completed was 100k hp. I had 4-5 stacks of bladedance 50% more dmg, chaos strike buffed by immolation aura and eye beam immune and chance to not proc cd. In any other complete I had over 150k hp. In one I had over 200k.

I described my seventh section run to friend as "having close to 200k hp, and blade dance dodge buffed to 45% along with blur cooldown at 13 seconds AND the anima talent that surrounds you with bugs reducing your chance to be hit by 10% iirc. So I was basically a buzzsaw that could not be hit. Always drums on final bosses after floor 12 just to be safe. Immune potion + rage potion best combo obviously if you can get it for final boss.

tldr; Go for Mawrat hp talent and any flat % buff to hp. You need the mawrat talent BEFORE you use the flat buff anima talent or it does next to nothing for your hp.

Buff blade dance damage and cooldown
    Buff blade dance dodge buff
    Buff eye beam not going cooldown and IMMUNE to damage while casting(great for trash)
    If you are going Felbade/Autoattack spec then you should get BLIND FURY when you can and cycle of hatred
    Immolation Aura refreshed by any damage being done + Burning Hatred will give almost endless rage while spamming Chaos Strike.

Lesser talents= heal to full if taken to low hp, anything that reduces chance to be hit or reduces damage taken. DO NOT use the leech talent imo. Demon souls is amazing for trash not for final boss. Again I do not have exalted so I am forced to take the same stuff or something I don't really like, it is just better than the other options. Such as darkness proc low hp.

Going to try again tonight as I can't get exalted with Maw vendor until Tuesday.
    Last edited by Gratz; 2021-01-17 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I would advise against trying Twisting Corridors solo as a Demon Hunter. You might be able to survive it with the right anima powers, but you don't have any of the real cheese anima powers that let you do 300k damage with condemn spam for example.
    Considering regular mobs have 2M health on layer 8, you will want to be able to hit mobs like a nuke.
    I did all 8 layers of Twisting solo on my 183 DH. I did it as vengeance. It is was very very easy:
    Same build as in post 5.

2 things I would like to add to the the fine post #5:
    - I restarted each layer until I got Grim Tinder as first choice. If you get that one then you will 100% beat the layer
    - Don't stop to loot or pick up anima powers. Keep rushing forward on each floor so your immo damage stacks up = you can very quickly kill each floor boss. Then run back and pick up anima orbs and phantasma.

I understand Immo stacks to 10x and no more. Sure, if you don't let it drop, you are always at 10x. I kept it up today in a run, it did nice damage, but nothing jaw dropping, even if I chained 6-7-8 packs of mobs.
    Anyway, ilvl doesn't matter at all with all the multipliers in there.
    I failed last boss of 1st layer, 18th floor, I only had like 57k as Havoc and the boss had 3 mil, my dps was 20-23k average on him, sometimes the boss was critting 56k melee, his leap was also unavoidable 36k damage, some bleed and some debuff on me (interruptable, but competing with the bleed cast)... I could drop him down to ~22% but not lower, even if I had 4x20% chance for Eyebeam to not go CD, and a bunch of other crap (~80 anima powers). What I didn't have and what could have helped was the EyeBeam immunity. Or the 30% damage buff potion from the vendors. Those I did not have and I missed.
    Feels like difficulty increases abruptly after 12th floor. Below that, I was chaining like a maniac. After that, still AoE massive dump 50-80k dps, but group by group.

i loled. i cleared twisting corridors the first day it was out.

i loled. what was your IL when you cleared as havoc or did you clear it as vengeance or both? The op was asking for feedback and tips, not the standard troll horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I did all 8 layers of Twisting solo on my 183 DH. I did it as vengeance. It is was very very easy:
    Same build as in post 5.

2 things I would like to add to the the fine post #5:
    - I restarted each layer until I got Grim Tinder as first choice. If you get that one then you will 100% beat the layer
    - Don't stop to loot or pick up anima powers. Keep rushing forward on each floor so your immo damage stacks up = you can very quickly kill each floor boss. Then run back and pick up anima orbs and phantasma.
    Impressive. That said, that seems like it would take a long, long time, given the insane amounts of HP mobs have.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Impressive. That said, that seems like it would take a long, long time, given the insane amounts of HP mobs have.
    The first couple of pack on each floor take a bit of time, but as the immo aura damage starts to ramp up you can jump from pack to pack and only the elites take a couple of globals.
    The same goes for the bosses - your immo aura damage needs to stack up, so you don't kill the bosses in a couple of globals, but you have the freedom to focus on defence in this build, only thing necessary is Grim Tinder.

I switched to vengeance from my BM hunter that was safe, but abysmally slow, so compared to BM vengeance is zoom zoom, but I am sure that there are specs that are much faster than vengeance.

Just completed as Havoc full run.

Luckiest HP run I've had because of the epic 100% to hp talent Roots of the Dreamtree. I got that on the first floor. Maw rat HP talent on the second floor. After that I was looking for anything damage and ALWAYS took any HP% buff till the end. Each vendor had the 15%hp one. https://imgur.com/a/H0vZg8b

Over 400k hp, seemed a bit overkill. I do not know how to import a Tower build, you will have to use the link then open the picture in new tab to make out the icons bigger. If you don't recognize them then the pic won't really help. Stuck to list of things I had been going for last 7 sections that are in a post#10.

I did not get exalted since that comment so no final item from Maw vendor. Just finally got lucky with the talents. ALSO, only 5 floors were the Fire section that ticks your hp and the rest had the assassin debuff. Easiest floors I've had so far. I tried a run yesterday and was up to 15 stacks of the fire section debuff that ticks % of hp every stack. Was a speed run for sure and failed miserably at the end getting slapped to death + the fire tick.

Some runs are much easier than others.

meanwhile i got fucked with no hp buffs in layer 7 three times, last time i barely hit 70k hp and lvl 16 boss was doing 90% shots to me from the start, my best try was to get him down to 20%. even if i do 40-60k dps it's impossible to survive. with blur 13 sec cd, full dodge on blade dance...i was only missing 25% shield but even that wouldn't help if i don't have pot+lust+lucky timmings up. rng fuckery.
    i'm not even proceeding post floor 6 anymore if i don't get big hp buffs. waste of fucking time.

It sucks that for havoc it is in this place of too little HP is actually a fun and frustrating challenge that could actually improve the speed of a player but in reality you will probably not adapt to the speed of combat even if you have the dps and stuns/what not to survive. OR you just need to over do the HP buffing and it basically becomes a joke after 200k. You still need to do damage though because of boss stacks but that would take some really sparse damage anima talents by floor 18 for that to be issue.

I don't think people realize how difficult some bosses are compared to others. I got that leap boss in one of my section 8 attempts. Same thing, leap was one shot.

Hope you get the HP rng next run.. or the one after. Imo section 5 and up sub 100k hp is really freaking rough so props giving it a solid go. I felt the same way a few days ago, "never again without the hp." Next run I did the first talent was demon souls, I took it and kept going. That was completed section 8 run. So it def pulls you in thinking... maybe this is it.
    Last edited by Gratz; 2021-01-19 at 06:08 AM.

i was 205 item lvl and as havoc