View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see the advocates of the brexit are also now trying to spin this as less globalization to be a good thing, oh boy they are in for a rough surprise once reality sits in and what less trade actually means for an economy as a whole.

There is this myth that suddenly everything will be produced locally again, which they may with all the added negatives for the consumer, meanwhile big businesses are enacting an exit plan.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Stop the whinging already.
    Is this a ye olde expression? I don't understand the tagging on of 'already' at the end of 'stop the whinging'. It's not grammatical.

Anyway, I consulted an online quiz:

https://www.industryweek.com/supply-...omplainer-quiz'

And... d'ya know what? You're completely correct. I am:

a major complainer. Complaining has become a habit for you and it's time to do a No Complaining Fast and action plan.

I've Google'd no complaining rule action plans and I particularly like the suggested exercise at the end of this one:

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view...9496/ch31.html

Discuss the benefits to an organization or team that is solution focused instead of problem ...

So, in the interests of posters such as yourself in this thread who object to me whining... here's my considered opinion:

The UK should rejoin the EU.

Problem solved. I'll stop whining.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...d-faroes-eu-uk

Looks like UK Fishers are unable to Fish by Norway, Greenland and the Faroe waters. Hull-based UK Fisheries Ltd is worried that they might be put out of business and is saying the European investors are withdrawing.

Uk Fisherman are having trouble exporting to France. https://twitter.com/bbcmartynoates/s...027065856?s=20
    Last edited by Kotuthan; 2021-01-06 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...d-faroes-eu-uk

Looks like UK Fishers are unable to Fish by Norway, Greenland and the Faroe waters. Hull-based UK Fisheries Ltd is worried that they might be put out of business and is saying the European investors are withdrawing.
    Typical Express shit. Trying to imply that Norway et al have banned the poor UK fishermen, when in reality they can't fish because the UK hasn't agreed a deal with the EU to allow them to.

Brexit being poorly organised and detrimental to the people that voted for it? Who could have seen that coming, eh?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Typical Express shit. Trying to imply that Norway et al have banned the poor UK fishermen, when in reality they can't fish because the UK hasn't agreed a deal with the EU to allow them to.

Brexit being poorly organised and detrimental to the people that voted for it? Who could have seen that coming, eh?
    Norway is not EU, but did UK asked them prior to january ?

Stop carping.

What doesn't krill you, makes you stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Stop carping.

What doesn't krill you, makes you stronger.
    I laughed more than I should.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Stop carping.
    But that's their sole porpoise in life...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is everyone just super, super shocked at this? Only took a week.

Scrap EU consumer and worker protections now Brexit is completed, leading Tory says
    Not really? They wanted their own rules, so here goes ...
    And neither is the EU. That's why they were so insistant on a level playing field and sanction mechanism.
    Now that's just some peer's opinion. It doesn't mean it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fits in the narrow minded nationalist view of the Brexit, so it's not at all that surprising.
    It could be less nefarious than that, but what the cabinet is made out of says enough and what voices they listen to.

Now the event sector as a whole is going through a hard time, not having this will lead to the inevitable result that a lot of artists that don't have an overall large international fan base will either have to stop or make due with the market merely inside the UK.

Laughable that they still pin everything going wrong on the EU but to be expected.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

7+ Year Old Account
    Very sensible.

People are so desperate to get into the UK from the EU they would suddenly all become karaoke artistes to bypass UK control of their borders.

Meanwhile on the £350 million a week calculation, and now 10 days in, the UK has saved half a billion pounds already. Enough to build a new hospital as an example...

Great stuff Boris.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-01-10 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Very sensible.

People are so desperate to get into the UK from the EU they would suddenly all become karaoke artistes to bypass UK control of their borders.

Meanwhile on the £350 million a week calculation, and now 10 days in, the UK has saved half a billion pounds already. Enough to build a new hospital as an example...

Great stuff Boris.
    Abit sad that your argument at this point, is nothing but a lie, one which you should be very aware of.

So you’re either trolling or extremely ignorant.

Meanwhile

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...gove-is-warned

Very sensible.

Great stuff Boris.
    Get facts in studio or shut it. Prove that people are faking being musicians to bypass border control. PROVE IT.

Reading the linked article (and others) it appears that visa exemption for musicians was something that both sides wanted but failed to agree on the details. Obviously neither side wants to be held responsible by their respective voters so are, predictably, pointing fingers. I suspect that by the time musicians are able to tour again that the details will be ironed out and agreements in place and this will turn out be a non-issue.

Very sensible.

Got any proof for that?

Given that number is bullshit, the UK has not saved half a billion pounds already.

Enough to build a new hospital as an example...
    How about they spend it on nurses, they don't have enough for the hospitals that they already have.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...g-covid-cases/

Huh, maybe it's because lots of nursing staff left the NHS because of Brexit and the racist bullshit spewed by patients? Who'd have thought it, Brexit is hurting the NHS more than it is saving it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...exit-f0xkdgb7x

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Get facts in studio or shut it. Prove that people are faking being musicians to bypass border control. PROVE IT.
    The problem is UK musicians, think The Beatles, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones etc etc ought to easily qualify for visa free touring. However what the UK receives back from the EU is not of equal value...

There has been an increase in the use of animals in street performances by buskers of EU origin

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-...-dogs-15484632

Clearly the UK when comparing the two would reject EU proposals, a benefit of Brexit is this disparity is now resolved.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Reading the linked article (and others) it appears that visa exemption for musicians was something that both sides wanted but failed to agree on the details. Obviously neither side wants to be held responsible by their respective voters so are, predictably, pointing fingers. I suspect that by the time musicians are able to tour again that the details will be ironed out and agreements in place and this will turn out be a non-issue.
    Yeah, UK "30 days is enough" EU "90 days is standard", bad EU for giving musicians and performers more time to tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, UK "30 days is enough" EU "90 days is standard", bad EU for giving musicians and performers more time to tour.
    Again, the UK wants to export artists of world renown, the EU want to send us performing dogs in return and expect them to have equal treatment. That EU proposal was quite reasonably rejected by the UK. Another brexit benefit and taking back control you see...

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, the UK wants to export artists of world renown, the EU want to send us performing dogs in return and expect them to have equal treatment. That EU proposal was quite reasonably rejected by the UK. Another brexit benefit and taking back control you see...
    A benefit for UK artists of world renown indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.