Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    #NotBeforeWeGetMogu

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Kyrian and Night Fae NPCs already make several references to 'wanting to visit our world some day', it will happen.

The Maldraxxus people look much more interesting than they do in-game, I think they have decent potential. Under the hood, the Gladiators have skeletal features too, just with non-skeletal bodies. Compared to Kyrians, Venthyr and Sylvar the Gladiators are the least developed but the art for Margrave Krexus is really cool.

For maldraxus I wouldt look at those gladiator guys.. more so the smaller humanoid looking ones. They use the modified zandalari skeleton and they feel alot more like the playable thing if ever. The gladiator guys just realy look like green kul tirans/ogre model and more like npc guards such as the bastion ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    #NotBeforeWeGetMogu
    #NotBeforeWeGetVrykulAswell

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    For maldraxus I wouldt look at those gladiator guys.. more so the smaller humanoid looking ones. They use the modified zandalari skeleton and they feel alot more like the playable thing if ever. The gladiator guys just realy look like green kul tirans/ogre model and more like npc guards such as the bastion ones.
    Actually, the Maldraxxus Gladiators are the only ones with a female model. the Skeletons are using the male Kul Tiran model and the Necromancers are using the Night elf/Zandalari models. but, they don't have a female model and their faces are not so animated.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The Undead allied race would probably be Calia and Derek type of Undead. as for Worgen, i can only think of the Sethrak (thought about night elven worgen, but they're not relevant right now).

The Venthyr would probably be the next round of allied races' Blood elf equivalent, while the Sylvar would be the Night elf equivalent.

Who determined it? i find them very interesting, and they will probably become playable along with the Venthyr and Sylvar as the Orc and Human equivalents on the next round (no point on introducing the four of them, but just making only two of them playable).

It's a fantasy game, for crying out loud. you have Werewolves from the Emerald Dream, Orcs from another planet, Minotaurs, Trolls, Dwarves, Gnomes, Elves, Goblins, Protoss aliens from another planet, raised Undead humans and Kong-fu Pandas.

You know what's missing, mythologically? playable Vampires, Fauns and Angels (and, apparently, Gladiators).

You are, literally, helping their faction and building reputation with them. sounds familiar? that's how allied races were recruited during BFA.

only the ascended ones. aspirants haven't got wings, are on a playable model standard and are not overly huge, like the winged ones.

No. Kul Tirans are not undead. they can't be roleplayed as Maldraxxus Gladiators. even with a Death Knight class. have you seen Krexus' face? does it look anything like a Kul Tiran? does he have a beer belly like Kul Tirans or a six pack?

Again, we are, literally, helping them in the Shadowlands expansion and building a reputation with them. do you think they were added just to be an expansion-worth of races and then be gone for good? they would, most likely, want to repay us back by joining us. that's how the allied races of BFA were recruited.

It's not resource intensive. The Kyrians are already using the female Vrykul skeleton, the Sylvar are using the female Draenei skeleton, the female Maldraxxus Gladiator is using the female Kul Tiran skeleton and the male Maldraxxus Gladiator is using the Ogre skeleton with a different posture. I don't know what Venthyr uses, but they are, clearly, using a previous-used skeleton.
    don't you think they already set them up as future allied races? it is pretty clear to see.

Both factions helped the Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei. Yet, they decided to join each faction based on their relations to a race on a certain faction. Nightborne resemble the Blood elf, culturally. Highmountain Tauren resemble the Tauren and Lightforged Draenei resemble the Draenei.

Therefore, Shadowlands races will join whatever faction they have most in common with. Kyrians with the Humans, Necrolords with the Orcs, Night Fae with the Night elves and Venthyr with the Blood elves.

I agree with you on Broken Draenei (Argus model), Vrykul, Naga, Ethereal, Ogre, Gilgoblin and Forest Troll.

The Broken Draenei of Argus are already using the updated Draenei model, and are likely to join the Horde, as they resent Velen.

Vrykul fill the fantasy of a viking, like no other race (even Dwarves). Kyrian using the female Vrykul skeleton is a good sign for Vrykul, as the female model was less on a playable model standard than the males.

Chris Metzen wanted Naga to be playable, and they were considered at one point, during Vanilla WoW. they present gameplay difficulties, however, and that is why they were dropped as potential candidates. They have much in common with the Blood elves and Nightborne when it comes to magic addiction. They had their own faction during Warcraft 3, with their own units, buildings and hero. There is hope, however, as the almost playable model of the Sethrak could be a prototype to a playable serpent race, like the Naga. although, with Naz'jatar done in 8.2, story-wise they are not so relevant anymore.

Ethereals were given new textures during Legion, but retained their lackluster model. they were given female voices as well. but, don't despair. Brokers are probably a prototype to playable Ethereals, as their looks, culture and up-to-date animations puts them as a likely candidate.

Ogres were part of the Horde for so long. Chris Metzen advocated for them, and they were considered for Cataclysm instead of Goblins. they presented model difficulties, with their two-headed variants and ugly females. But, Mag'har Orcs brought with them, from Alternate Draenor, the Stonemaul clan of Ogres. plus, Rexxar is using a Kul Tiran skeleton, that can be used for Ogres. male Maldraxxus Gladiators use an Ogre skeleton with a different posture. so, technically, the female Ogre can use the female Kul Tiran skeleton.

Gilgoblins are already part of the Horde, and are awaiting to join the Horde on the shores of Durotar (no other Naz'jatar race have done it). as for their oudated models, they were introduced before the Goblins got updated models. so, now, after it happened, they can use the updated skeletons.

Forest Trolls have been part of the Horde, almost as much as the Ogres. they are crucial to the Horde's identity. There is the Revantusk tribe of Hinterlands that is allied with the Horde, to all you skeptics. yet, again, we've got good news, as the playable Trolls didn't get a Forest Troll customization options in Shadowlands (but they did get Sand trolls and Dark trolls). that means that the Forest Trolls are more likely to be a playable race, than a customization option.

Frostborn Dwaves could, easily, be added as customization options to the Dwarf race. Mok'nathal are a hybrid race, and they never added a hybrid race before (though, elves got half-elf ear customization options - so that is possible). as for the San'layn, we have a Vampire race ready to go in the Shadowlands - the Venthyr. they are already have up-to-date models, and yet the San'layn are outdated.
    Well, shit, might as well throw everything in then
    Another round of allied races, are you fucking serious? In Patch 14.1.23 sure. XD XD
    blue human and maldraxxus dead human are boring tho, as well as Calia type dead human,
    which is basically the same as fat human and regular human anyway, so they should be added in patch 15.2.34 first.

The only reason fat human is playable as a separate race and not just a cosmetic update, like in the case of hunched and upright orcs,
    is because they bring shaman and to a lesser extent druid, so apart from dh humans can be everything now.
    Same with brown/black orc priests or upright troll paladin.
    Sethrak and San'layn would fit, but Venthyr fit perfectly for that role right now, along with a new furry Slyvar on the ally side.

A far more economic choice is to add Venthyr and Slyvar right now and go from there.
    We need to focus on filling in worgen and undead because they still don't have an interesting allied race.
    Last edited by SLbetterthan BFA; 2020-11-25 at 03:34 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    Worgen and Undead don't have allied race counterparts yet. These 2 fit perfectly

Slyvar: Satyr-like bestial humanoid like worgen,stands upright, has connections with night elves and worgen
    because of similar beliefs. Has horns and hooves like draenei. Looks badass. Furry. From Ardenweald.

Venthyr: First true vampire race. Finally vampire vs. werewolf trope can be a thing in WoW with worgen vs venthyr.
    Upright undead. Looks badass. From Revendreth.
    Yes! & Yes!

And now speculate some more. Which classes to both?

Sylvar:
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Druid
    Rogue

Venthyr:"
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just unsure how seemingly immortal beings from another plane of existence would function in the living, physical world.

Well I guess I shouldn't say immortal as they can be killed by other beings. I suppose immortal in the sense of not physically aging? I guess a story can be established by Blizzard, if these 2 races did come to Azeroth, that by entering the physical world and "severing" their connection to the Shadowlands they effectively become mortal or something.

well, they all have a need for anima, which is gained by living and all, could use a "go live in the world of our mortal saviours for a few decades and bring back all that juicy anima" card

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find sylvar or venthyr particularly appealing, but I would not be opposed to it. As long as they gave exremely good reasons as to why physical manifestations of dead creatures across the cosmos can go to the world of the living again and would, of all things, choose to join our (pretty inconsequential, after the Legion got defeated) cause.

And before you tell me that we already have an allied race from a different realm, that is the AU, my answer is that I loathe that an AU exists at all.

I want the Fairies and Stone Legion imps as Allied Races.

Venthyr would definitely fit the Horde most. They thirst and suffered a power shortage, they have a treacherous monarch and rebellion. They have a nobility and arrogance to them. They even have their own Wretched/Withered type.

These guys are one magic well away from being an Elf species.

That said I don't think they'll actually be signing up to come to Azeroth. Not unless their trouble with the Light sends the Lightforged Draenei to purge them. These guys have a job to do in the Afterlife. It would take something really big to move them away from the Shadowlands.

Well, i'll say that Kul-Tirans are worgen allied race and not stormwind humans.
    Especially considering that they are gilnean back in a day, have ties with nature and have some enchantment in genes.

I'll say what I've said since Shadowlands was announced:
    I would absolutely love to have the 4 main shadowlands races become playable. I would never main another race if I could be kyrian. I would prefer them to be faction neutral, their own factions, instead of aligned with Alliance and Horde. (Cue people reminding me that they supposedly did not like implementing neutral races... well hopefully blizz has come around :P). I mean, factions dissolving has been a speculated topic for years, maybe it'll happen someday too, who knows.
    As it's been said as well, there's already been NPCs in shadowlands talking about visiting our world. The afterlife in wow is just another realm, and now there is a rift connecting us to it. And since the story seems to be focusing on the great cosmic war, maybe death would be kin to join us combat those who would tip the scales

Would be a new low. Mecha-gnomes, Pandaren and Vulpera is already stretching it.

Aside from whether these races (who seems to be tied to Shadowlands/anima) could exist in the rest of the world, what possible reason would they have to join mortal factions.

Quote Originally Posted by SLbetterthan BFA View Post
    Worgen and Undead don't have allied race counterparts yet.
    If we're going 1:1, it's either worgen or Night Elves that don't for the Alliance; Void Elves fit with Night Elves because they're elves, but they also fit with worgen, because both groups are trying to master a corrupting external force. This might not seem like much, but rather than give us sylvar, Blizzard might use the Night Fae rep to give us satyr; they're not always evil, as one redeemed himself in Ashenvale during Cataclysm, and earned his old body back as a reward.

As for why they'd join up, well, what better way to help the flow of anima increase than to try and spark a war?

Alternatively, I'd love to see the Shadowlands lot become a third playable faction to do just that.
    Last edited by Blayze; 2021-01-10 at 03:33 PM.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

3+ Year Old Account
    I think if the decide to put in any SL race, it has to be Neutral.

That being said, I'd play a Venthyr if the female weren't so damn ugly lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I'm already sad I have to go Venthyr for raid DPS. If it ends up being the only allied race for Horde this expansion I'd be gutted. I fecking hate them

I'd play a female Venthyr faster than you can say reroll! The more races we get where the females aren't fuckdolls, the better. I can only imagine how amazing their Heritage armor would be!

That being said, I'm not so sure it'd make sense for any of the SL races to join us in the mortal world...

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The Maldraxxus people look much more interesting than they do in-game, I think they have decent potential. Under the hood, the Gladiators have skeletal features too, just with non-skeletal bodies. Compared to Kyrians, Venthyr and Sylvar the Gladiators are the least developed but the art for Margrave Krexus is really cool.

The face of Margrave Krexus in this is really cool. I think it's one of the cooler depictions we have of any of the Shadowlands races.

They have a lot of options in terms of race stuff from Shadowlands.

They could just import those races - Venthyr and Faun. Blue humans and the skeleton people don't seem as likely, but still possible.

They could also do mini race customizations where it fits. San'layn elves. Antlers for Night Elves.

Cleanest for sure would just be Venthyr and Faun wholesale.

Meanwhile still no Ogres.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Kyrian and Night Fae NPCs already make several references to 'wanting to visit our world some day', it will happen.

This is what Krexus looks like underneath his helmet? That's pretty cool!

If only Forsaken could look that good
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.