Burstiness of specs

Is it just me or are some specs more bursty than ever in Shadowlands? Granted I'm a Fury warr so I see everything through the lense of, 'wait, that's not fair', but it it's crazy how much burst some specs have. My memory might be failing me but I don't recall such a difference in damage in previous seasons of M+. Dk's, Hunters and Mages just seem to be going crazy to the point where if you're a class that deals ustained damage with little burst your output just looks embarrassing on bosses (especially on a fortified week)

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Is it just me or are some specs more bursty than ever in Shadowlands? Granted I'm a Fury warr so I see everything through the lense of, 'wait, that's not fair', but it it's crazy how much burst some specs have. My memory might be failing me but I don't recall such a difference in damage in previous seasons of M+. Dk's, Hunters and Mages just seem to be going crazy to the point where if you're a class that deals ustained damage with little burst your output just looks embarrassing on bosses (especially on a fortified week)

Thoughts?
    Game wont be balanced till 9.1 we play atm the Beta.

Yes, burst is crazy right now, both in PvE and in PvP. It's not just you. Hunters, Mages, Boomkins, etc. have crazy burst setups that do stupid amounts of frontloaded damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes, burst is crazy right now, both in PvE and in PvP. It's not just you. Hunters, Mages, Boomkins, etc. have crazy burst setups that do stupid amounts of frontloaded damage.
    How did I forgot Boomkins.

Thoughts?
    This is how it always is, welcome to not having low knowledge.

Also no, balancing is for raid bosses, not M+.

From the eyes of a Fury Warrior its understandable that things look even worse than they are, but it has always been like this.

Also things looks worse when gear goes up, fight length goes down because content level remains the same, along with the fact it was xmas break and they literally took a break for 15 days from any sort of fixing.

Hopefully by the end of January there will be some info cause some things really make no sense to be taking so long to change even for them, as the certain state of 3-4 specs being 20% behind in raid environment has never taken so long to fix.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-01-07 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Found the prick.

Been playing this game since 2007, thanks. Just pointing out that certain specs feel incredibly bursty at the moment.

Found the prick.

Been playing this game since 2007, thanks. Just pointing out that certain specs feel incredibly bursty at the moment.

Really because
    My memory might be failing me but I don't recall such a difference in damage in previous seasons of M+
    Doesn't really illustrate that

A purple/orange parsing fury warrior can keep up with a blue parsing fotm, so it’s not toooo bad

- - - Updated - - -

Thoughts?
    Forgot to quote

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Game wont be balanced till 9.1 we play atm the Beta.
    This is Alpha.

9.1 is Beta.
    9.2 is Stress-Test
    9.3 is the buggy release.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    This is Alpha.

9.1 is Beta.
    9.2 is Stress-Test
    9.3 is the buggy release.
    Nah, 9.2 we get another grind system that leads to op bullshit like twilight dev in BFA.

It creates this weird situation where the burst specs are king on fights with limited damage windows like Sludgefist, while tanking on sustained encounters like Sire.
    That's kinda fine I guess. Different classes shine on different encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This most definitely not how it always is.

In Shadowlands Blizzard graciously offered quite a few specs absolutely psychotic on-demand burst thanks to covenant abilities and I am sure after AWC is done there will be changes there. Things like Convoke and Divine Toll will surely get adjusted for PvP, as well as overly bursty instants from both Paladins and Druids, just like Rogues were a few weeks ago.

It's not surprising for Warriors to be somewhat outgunned on burst, after all they all go for Condemn which is strong, but it's more of a rotational ability where many of the burst abilities for other classes are cooldowns, so they get to nuke hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    It creates this weird situation where the burst specs are king on fights with limited damage windows like Sludgefist, while tanking on sustained encounters like Sire.
    That's kinda fine I guess. Different classes shine on different encounters.
    That's actually fine, the issue is you have some outliers like Affliction who can burst like mad AND get good sustain too.