Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Im considering starting a classic, but ifTBC is coming soon... it wont be Classic.Might be too late to play?

Yes, but the world buff meta has crippled the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Yes, but the world buff meta has crippled the population.
    Mega-yes to this.

I was talking to my guild the other day about the only thing people used buffs for was Loatheb and Sapph. Maybe the top top end used them more, but we were high 20s to low 30s US at the end of Naxx, so there weren't too many ahead of us.

Literally every problem I have with classic is due to world buff meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Yeah, that's due to huge difficulty increase from MC/BWL/AQ40 and also subscriber numbers that are just plummeting. Seems pointless to keep farming Naxxramas when almost all the gear gets replaced during leveling in TBC. I know plenty of people are saying they don't even want TBC and want to keep playing Vanilla Classic forever, but personally I see absolutely no appeal in that.
    The appeal is TBC is horrible. My #1 worst xpac they have ever made. Better to stay in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The appeal is TBC is horrible. My #1 worst xpac they have ever made. Better to stay in classic.
    Said no one ever.

TBC had its up and its downs. It did classes sort of well - tanked Kara to Black temple with my feral druid. Professions were good (stormheralds, lionhearts etc).
    Sharing a capital city with the enemy felt iffy (at the time). 10/25 man raids made a good change in hindsight - but it destroyed entire guilds including mine.

Outland zones were terrible. Questing was terrible. Story was terrible (lorelol ytmnd). Flying mounts ruined the game forever.

I'd stay in classic, pref on a fresh realm in some sort of season system.
    Last edited by jurgenaut; 2021-01-09 at 11:05 PM.

If TBC comes, then Wrath, then Cata...at which point people start asking for vanilla servers again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    If TBC comes, then Wrath, then Cata...at which point people start asking for vanilla servers again?
    It'll be mop/wod

Blizzard has sent out polls for fresh Classic servers...so never, because Blizzard will most likely provide them.

If your goal is only to play Classic then it is getting pretty late. Id wait until we know if there will be fresh classic servers.

But as to your question. Yes, for the amount of money Blizzard spent on Classic it is absurdly popular, even now. However, it is at a low point in its history probably.
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Yes, for the amount of money Blizzard spent on Classic
    Please, give is the dollar figure - tell us all exactly what Blizzard spent on Classic. Not just "oh bro it probably wasn't much" - nope, you need to provide an actually figure - because otherwise your argument falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Yeah, that's due to huge difficulty increase from MC/BWL/AQ40 and also subscriber numbers that are just plummeting. Seems pointless to keep farming Naxxramas when almost all the gear gets replaced during leveling in TBC. I know plenty of people are saying they don't even want TBC and want to keep playing Vanilla Classic forever, but personally I see absolutely no appeal in that.
    very wrong,a ton of people that wanted classic wanted it specialy for naxx,they dont care about tbc

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is here to stay, what is this logic lol?
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Said no one ever.
    Said me and a lot of people I know.

TBC is trash tier

Ok how exactly is it horrible.

Said me and a lot of people I know.

TBC is trash tier
    Ngl you’re probably like... the 4th person I’ve ever heard say this. What makes it so bad exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Ngl you’re probably like... the 4th person I’ve ever heard say this. What makes it so bad exactly?
    I have to press more than 1 button, TBC is too hard for me >:-|

Its not my worst expansion, but it certainly is bottom 4 for me. Terrible story, terrible quests, terrible leveling, classes were largely meh, better than the vanilla 1 button specs, but still lacking. The raids were up and down (I hated all of SC minus vashj, TK kael was fun the first few times, then its just a long ass annoying fight, mount hyjal most of the bosses were very forgettable, the trash/waves were kinda fun, BT I enjoyed most of, sunwell never fully experienced at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I didn't like the TBC levelling at all. Nor arena nor flying mounts really. I used to level a lot of alts and they were always stuck at Hellfire Peninsula, probably worst zone in game and it's at very beginning. At least Zangarmarsh was really good and Nagrand was doable. Then I was stuck again as didn't want to go for any of the end zones.

It's not all bad though, I'll still play it for a month or so if it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    I have to press more than 1 button, TBC is too hard for me >:-|
    I personally hate the storyline, zones, music, dumgeons, raids and pvp in TBC.

The character rotation has nothing to do with the me not liking it. I play every class in shadowlands as well as have 1 of every class in classic.