Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Here's mine. A 4k TV is worth exactly zero dollars more than 1080p.
    I have one of the last 1080p TVs from LG and always when i play a Blueray movie some friend ask if its 4k...

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    As a re-enactor and history major focusing on the medieval through pre-inudstrial eras...

i assure you, you would not like it better.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh.. you're aware that the back button (All the nav buttons) have been gone in Android since 9? You have to specifically go in and turn them back on and not all custom skins let you, and its being totally deprecated in another year or two. Mind, i hate using an iPhone (but do use an iPad) too, because i cant arrange the icons how i want and their support for Widgets (8 years later...) is still total garbage. And the price of the phone (though the new SE mostly remedies this).
    That's not true in the least...but let me rephrase, the ability to go back as part of the OS exists in Android but not in Apple unless the app developer decides to make it a part of the app in the Apple app code. I have a Pixel 4, with the latest software patches, I can go back to the previous page I was on for any and all apps, webpages, settings, messages, etc. Yes, the back button no longer exists as a button (virtual or physical) but the "go back" gesture exists now in Pixel 4. Pixel 3's, for example, still have the virtual back buttin. The time I was using an iPhone, this feature did not exist unless it was built into the app I was using.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Desktop PCs are going to museum within a decade and a half.
    LOL .. so you also think tablets and phones are going that way too I assume ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Tablets are a waste of time. A good smart phone can do everything a tablet can and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a re-enactor and history major focusing on the medieval through pre-inudstrial eras...

i assure you, you would not like it better.

- - - Updated - - -
    I would. Because I am dying anyway in near future. It's better for the world and rest of the humans to not "evolve" too much.

Smartphones are a plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    I would. Because I am dying anyway in near future. It's better for the world and rest of the humans to not "evolve" too much.
    so because you have issues screw everyone else?lol,i dont think you comprehend how many people would die with no electricity,every basic feature in our daily lives is dependant on it,from our sanitation,to food,to heating,its not just about powering up ligths and computers lol,its the backbone of society and progress

sure some could live of the land like we did in the past,and population would have been much lower(i guess that could be seen as a positive),but life expectancy and quality of life would drop imensely,diseases that we easily treat or have eradicated would still be here

electricity literaly stoped the genoside of young kids because of medical advancements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    so because you have issues screw everyone else?lol,i dont think you comprehend how many people would die with no electricity,every basic feature in our daily lives is dependant on it,from our sanitation,to food,to heating,its not just about powering up ligths and computers lol,its the backbone of society and progress

sure some could live of the land like we did in the past,and population would have been much lower(i guess that could be seen as a positive),but life expectancy and quality of life would drop imensely,diseases that we easily treat or have eradicated would still be here

electricity literaly stoped the genoside of young kids because of medical advancements
    We're all dying soon. Animals are being genocided around the world for the sake of humans or for trophies to sell to the rich.

You need to go further back than the invention of electricity before humans started to fuck things up and be aware of it. Try when religion was created and when a group of people decided to invent the bank.

15+ Year Old Account
    using solar panels and wind energy is not anywhere near as green as the people that push them would want you to believe. only of you use solar panels close to the equator would you be able to come close to reach an equilibrium between the damage caused by product+transport instead of coal. Wind turbines in any form are more disruptive to the environment and always cost more energy to produce+transport than than they produce. These products are only now being produced because marketing campaigns are successful enough to make consumers believe that it's both good and profitable. Secondly, the energy they produce is never stable and still require other means of energy production to stabilize the energy network/grid, and this also causes issues with efficiency for those types of 'green' energy production. In my opinion, the only types of viable long term energy production is the use of breeder reactors (which can produce as much fuel as they use up) and hydroelectric dams, but these forms are not popular because they require large investments of time, money and resources, which not many companies want to do but most importantly for nuclear is the misinformation and misunderstanding about the technology itself.

I don't (want to) believe that electric cars will be the entire future of the car industry, simply because battery technology is no where near efficient enough to do what gasoline/benzine cars can do. Your tank only ways maybe 100kg at most, a batter can weigh between 500 to 1000kg, all while having lower range and requiring long load time if you forget to recharge it at home. It is also not very efficient in colder climates and when a cell gets damaged and burns, those fires will last for days, of not weeks. Secondly, there is on car manufacturer that wants to standardize the battery system and make the batteries exchangeable, which also reduces their versatility (for example, you go to a gas/battery station with your electric car and it stead of recharging your battery, you empty one is slotted out from underneath and a new one is slotted back in, all within a few mins). Until it's possible to make batteries close to the weight of about 100kg, charge in a few mins and last of 700+ km will I consider getting an electric car. I will admit that the electric engines can do some pretty amazing things and have very good performance stats, but the batteries are too much of a bottleneck for me to consider them viable for my purposes.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    4k gaming is not only a waste of money but also potentially detrimental to your performance... seriously the useful info is spread too think on such screens
    My unpopular opinion is that this attitude is detrimental to society as a whole. You're obstructing technological progress, which is akin to a deadly sin in my book. There is no reason at all to ever not adopt the latest technology, to do your part in progressing the average technology level. 4k should have been the standard years ago. Just as bad as people still not owning a smart phone. Just go live in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    We're all dying soon. Animals are being genocided around the world for the sake of humans or for trophies to sell to the rich.

You need to go further back than the invention of electricity before humans started to fuck things up and be aware of it. Try when religion was created and when a group of people decided to invent the bank.
    oh boy...not this anti bank globalist conspiracy nutjobbery....humans need banks,currency is the best system for bartering in a society,sure some things banks do are unethical but thats a different problem that we should fix not scrap the entire thing,just like individual cops can do bad stuff,but we need law enforcement as an institution

animals have always been ''genosided'',over 99% of all species that have ever existed are extinct,and humans arent responsable for even 1% of it

and what you said has nothing to do with what i mentioned,i said a lack of electricity would be extremly detrimental to human society

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    My unpopular opinion is that this attitude is detrimental to society as a whole. You're obstructing technological progress, which is akin to a deadly sin in my book. There is no reason at all to ever not adopt the latest technology, to do your part in progressing the average technology level. 4k should have been the standard years ago. Just as bad as people still not owning a smart phone. Just go live in the woods.
    excuse me? are you serious?

since when is the screen size technological progress? and who even said that the bigger the better when it comes to screen? why not 8K then? or 16K? or 128k? let my entire wall be a monitor!

there's a matter of practicallity here you know, something that even cavemen would be able to tell, that's why they used didn't use small tree stumps for clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Mechanical keyboards are overhyped. That noise from switches, even red ones are just awful.
    And also that lights, RGB or not. God sake, why there always must be that Christmas tree on table?
    Noise is okay, I write with headset anyways. What annoys me is the insane travel time. So much effort and work required to simply type...

And leds... Oh boi. I use apple hardware, they don't even have a power led, because, well, umm, I know the computer I'm using is fucking on, jesus windows laptop makers, you suck so much.
    Last edited by ldev; 2021-01-16 at 11:29 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post

The point is to get rid of most of humans... There are way too many on this planet. All diseases and other stuff that makes life hard is what I am after. Nature kept balance in the world, humans broke it and now they destroy everything just to get more wealth and easier life. There won't be good easy life for non millionares in couple hundred years because of how fast we are destroying everything and do barely nothing to stop it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post

Yeah we should go even further back in time but this post was about electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    And which part of that did I not address? Have you learned that higher FPS reduces input lag yet? Because that by extension improves personal performance, I'm sorry if you need to be spoon-fed citations for staggeringly complicated concepts like "lower reaction times are good" or "water is wet".

Do you have anymore questions, sweetheart?
    It only does improve when shitstupid fuckhead developer tangled display and input loops together. Which they shouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

No, because he didn't do that. Film is 24fps. Which is the -bare minimum- required for the human eye to perceive it as fluid motion.
    I guess those Japanese guys didn't learn that in school with all their 12 FPS anime.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Unless there is a radical shift in transistor manufacturing that drives down the heat output, there will still be a lot of desktop computers around. There will always be people for which the negatives of a desktop computer are far less important than the additional performance through a better cooling solution.

The death of the desktop computer was already foretold a decade ago and still.. here we are with lots of powerful desktop PCs (gaming, work, etc.). Granted, there are a lot more laptops around now compared to a decade ago, and this trend will go further in the future, but unless something radical happens, the desktop won't go away any time soon.
    While the big gaming desktop has transitioned to more of an interest for hobbyists instead of a necessity, I agree with you. As long as digital technology itself maintains the developmental pattern of power > efficiency > size > miniaturization, desktop computers will always have a place at the bleeding edge of consumer tech advancement.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gilli78 View Post
    RGB is trash
    SPICY!

And I whole-heartedly agree.

ARGB and RGBW are vastly superior.

However, I wish there were more /things/ for gaming computers that weren't so focused on all the flashy bs.

Let me have clean, damn it! How about just white LEDs. Oooo
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Life on the planet was never good for non millionaires and I can assure you it had nothing to do with how we treat the planet.
    I am not telling that there was a good life for peasants at some point. I am saying that in near future we won't have clean water, food, non polluted air and so on.. Almost nobody will have those.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    It only does improve when shitstupid fuckhead developer tangled display and input loops together. Which they shouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess those Japanese guys didn't learn that in school with all their 12 FPS anime.
    Which tbf, looks kinda crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I like about RGB is the options. Everyone assumes that RGB = rainbow vomit. If you do decent lighting in your case, it can actually look good. Remember to compliment the lighting with the actual physical styling of the components/case.
    -K