As a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan, Imma just cry a bit, been too long to feel the winning feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal We View Post
    As a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan, Imma just cry a bit, been too long to feel the winning feelings.
    Yeah you Browns fan can just enjoy it. Now you guys are playing with house money and anything else that happens is just a bonus.

I remember when my Saints got their first playoff win in 2000. What a feeling that was. The only feeling that ever beat that was the Hartley kick to send us to the super bowl and of course the finishing pick-6 to win the Super Bowl. I think that is why many of us watch, to see the team you root for finally do something they've not done in a long time.

Of course some franchises are just blessed and it is routine, for others they have to work so much harder and when they finally do it. Euphoria.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah you Browns fan can just enjoy it. Now you guys are playing with house money and anything else that happens is just a bonus.

I remember when my Saints got their first playoff win in 2000. What a feeling that was. The only feeling that ever beat that was the Hartley kick to send us to the super bowl and of course the finishing pick-6 to win the Super Bowl. I think that is why many of us watch, to see the team you root for finally do something they've not done in a long time.

Of course some franchises are just blessed and it is routine, for others they have to work so much harder and when they finally do it. Euphoria.
    So true, everything after a real winning season feels like gravy, it would be lovely if playoffs were routine. Good luck next week!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Royal We View Post
    Was nice to see the Bills and Browns snap their streaks.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Was nice to see the Bills and Browns snap their streaks.
    Bucs also snapped their streak but bringing in Brady, Gronk, and Antonio Brown to do it doesn't really feel like it was earned.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    I’m not sure if I’d call it a choke. They were a very flawed all season. Enough so that many were calling them the worst 11-0 team ever. I think it’s more of a case of them coming back down to Earth. Which is wild if you consider that if Ben had played better early on, the story of this game would have flipped completely.
    Yep. Didn't follow their games almost at all throughout the season until some last regular season weeks, and now this. I was first shocked to see them being so flawed, but then looked at their 11 first regular season opponents: Giants, Broncos, Texans, Eagles, Browns, Titans, Ravens, Cowboys, Bengals, Jaguars, Ravens. Ravens and Browns were having a bit slow start to their season, so that leaves Titans from the better half of the teams. A good half of those games were played against trainwreck-level teams.
    Anyhoo, happy for Bills and Browns, it's good to see new teams doing the playoff run, wouldn't mind if either of those went all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Bucs also snapped their streak but bringing in Brady, Gronk, and Antonio Brown to do it doesn't really feel like it was earned.
    Now I have to cheer for the Saints to win. Ugh. The last thing this world needs is for Tom to win the SB this year and be the only team to do it in their own building.

GO, SAINTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    My picks for this weekend's games:
    - Bills over Colts
    - Seahawks over Rams
    - WFT over Buccaneers
    - Titans over Ravens
    - Bears over Saints
    - Steelers over Browns
    Well, 1 out of 6 ain't bad. Good thing I didn't put any money on these games.

Guess I shouldn't have stopped watching when it was 28-0, I missed another Big Ben interception.

The Browns must have also forgot to play defense after that, 0 sacks on 68 pass attempts and 84 offensive plays is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pete Carroll presser was interesting. He attributes the offensive struggles after the giants game of the defenses running double high safeties. People are freaking out because he said he wants to run the ball more effectively. People are thinking that means more, but the way I read it is they want to stop thinking defenses assume Wilson can still run a 4.5 40yrd. Less read/RPO and more power running. Problem with that is they built the o-line with pass protection in mind. That could mean tearing it down again.

I still say the problem is TE in this seasons offense. They were completely ineffective in the pass game. Wilson's short/hot reads are TEs. He tried to go to them multiple times that game and they either shit the bed or Wilson threw a bad pass.

And Doug Pederson is done in Philly.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2021-01-11 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Pete Carroll presser was interesting. He attributes the offensive struggles after the giants game of the defenses running double high safeties. People are freaking out because he said he wants to run the ball more effectively. People are thinking that means more, but the way I read it is they want to stop thinking defenses assume Wilson can still run a 4.5 40yrd. Less read/RPO and more power running. Problem with that is they built the o-line with pass protection in mind. That could mean tearing it down again.

I still say the problem is TE in this seasons offense. They were completely ineffective in the pass game. Wilson's short/hot reads are TEs. He tried to go to them multiple times that game and they either shit the bed or Wilson threw a bad pass.

I saw the Pete Carrol thing too and honestly I think we're nearing the end of the road for him. This offense was chugging early in the season with the whole RPO/Let Russ Cook thing, they abruptly reverted back to the old Legion of Boom Seahawks approach of run, run, defend and started losing games. Then go run heavy in the playoffs and lose.

If Carrol won't at least try to adapt to the team he's got, I don't see him lasting much longer.

Also Pederson out is interesting. I wonder if ownership is backing Wentz, since obviously all we heard about the last two weeks was how Wentz was going to demand a trade and cited his relationship with Pederson as beyond repair. A good offensive mind with a ring, he should find a new job quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hollister was where pass plays went to die.

I am appeased, but more importantly, does this mean they want to stick with Wentz?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Pederson apparently not happy that he was constantly told what to do. Reading between the lines, that means some of the decisions that were made by the Eagles with regards to Quarterbacks and his staff were not his, while he did take the public heat for them.

Would not surprise me to see Pederson back somewhere soon. He might take a year off to compose himself, like some coaches do, but I fully expect some team to give him a shot, perhaps with more say in what happens to his team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the Pete Carrol thing too and honestly I think we're nearing the end of the road for him. This offense was chugging early in the season with the whole RPO/Let Russ Cook thing, they abruptly reverted back to the old Legion of Boom Seahawks approach of run, run, defend and started losing games. Then go run heavy in the playoffs and lose.

If Carrol won't at least try to adapt to the team he's got, I don't see him lasting much longer.

Also Pederson out is interesting. I wonder if ownership is backing Wentz, since obviously all we heard about the last two weeks was how Wentz was going to demand a trade and cited his relationship with Pederson as beyond repair. A good offensive mind with a ring, he should find a new job quickly.
    I disagree. I don't think the ownership is ready to make a move at HC anytime soon and may want to wait to sell the team before that happens unless Pete retires. I only see him retiring if he wins another bowl or legitimately gets too old to coach. I think going to a power run game with purpose will really help Wilson who is suddenly figuring out he isn't fast as he used to be.

I think Pederson was done with Lurie more than the other way around. I don't think it was Dougs choice to pull Hurts, and he was done falling on swords for the guy.

I think Pederson was done with Lurie more than the other way around. I don't think it was Dougs choice to pull Hurts, and he was done falling on swords for the guy.
    It would also make his timing of pulling Hurts make more sense too. I don't blame him either if that is the case. It should be his decision who plays, not the GM or owner's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pederson leaving and wentz staying would be the worst result for the eagles. Wentz being disliked by the locker has been all but confirmed for a while; the offense just doesn’t play the same with him out there vs anyone else. He needs a change of scenery. Firing the coach who got you a sb so recently is pretty eagles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that ownership was meddling in decisions regarding coaching hires, but meddling in the on-field product? That's far-fetched, and I have a hard time believing such meddling could occur without there having been considerable backlash as soon as it was happening.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that ownership was meddling in decisions regarding coaching hires, but meddling in the on-field product? That's far-fetched, and I have a hard time believing such meddling could occur without there having been considerable backlash as soon as it was happening.
    I mean that was Dan Snyder's bread and butter for years. Basically until this year.

- - - Updated - - -

2020, folks. Packers sign a starting OLineman for the Colts just last week because of COVID practice squad rules.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...61163170017283

2020, folks. Packers sign a starting OLineman for the Colts just last week because of COVID practice squad rules.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...61163170017283
    How crazy is that? Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also speaking of Packers, Mike McCarthy has his new DC in Dallas.

Dan Quinn.

Yup.
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...69052924239878