Poll: Where is your hearthstone set?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where is your hearthstone set in Shadowlands?

I've been wondering if my hearthstone should be set in Oribos, in my covenant base or elswhere.

Where do you set it in Shadowlands?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If my character is still leveling and not having chosen a covenant yet, I set it to Oribos. Once I have chosen a covenant, I set it to the covenant sanctum.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Mage, so Oribus is taken care off and I've just got the covenant hearthstone. So honestly I have no idea what to do with my hearthstone anymore.

Edit: It has been explained to me that I am wrong.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-01-11 at 04:23 AM.

Mine is set to my covenant but I'm an engineer so I can warp to any zone including Oribos every 15 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Mage, so Oribus is taken care off and I've just got the covenant hearthstone. So honestly I have no idea what to do with my hearthstone anymore.
    Isn't the Covenant Hearthstone just a cosmetic effect and takes you wherever your hearth is set?

Your covenant hearthstone is also your main hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Mine is set to my covenant but I'm an engineer so I can warp to any zone including Oribos every 15 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the Covenant Hearthstone just a cosmetic effect and takes you wherever your hearth is set?
    ...... Well that's infinitely less useful then I assumed. I was really impressed blizzard had basically moved the "Dalaran hearthstone" style thing into toys to save a bag space.

I probably need to read the text before I start hoping.

Oribos but on just about every char I have engineering and I made that toy wormhole that lets you port to all zones every 15minutes. You only need to make it on one char and as long as you have 1 in engineering you can use it.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    I've been wondering if my hearthstone should be set in Oribos, in my covenant base or elswhere.

Covenant hall. But it doesn't actually matter. Blizzard desire not to repeat Cata's "mistake" with disjoined xpack locations has only made things even worse. If I want to do, for example, calling - I need to first go to my Covenant hall, then I need to go to certain location and then I need to get back to my Covenant hall. If I forget to do something in that location or in Oribos - I need to do it again. It's especially bad for Kirians, who have their hall on the other side of location and no direct route to flight master nearest to Oribos (at least without traveling system upgrade). No matter, where your Hearthstone is set to, you need to perform that crappy Oribos trip through that anima pseudo-portals, that are actually pseudo-loading-screens. It's actually just an illusion, that all SL locations aren't disjoined. And it would be much more simple, if there would be portals to that locations in Oribos.

But I don't care. Wow has been World of AFKraft for me for a long time already. You log in, you use that flight master - you may go AFK for 10 minutes and do something else. Read forums for example. For example - that horde capital in BFA, that was split into two and required you to use flight master, if you wanted to use mission table or do isle expeditions.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-01-11 at 06:00 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

A Mage's hearthstone is almost useless... except with the Covenant hall, so I keep it there.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Covenant sanctum. I miss Legion, was best time for me from travelling POV (warrior main) - separate hearthstone for Dalaran, quick access to class hall, flight master whistle and shortcut to every Broken Isles zone.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Covenant hall. But it doesn't actually matter. Blizzard desire not to repeat Cata's "mistake" with disjoined xpack locations has only made things even worse. If I want to do, for example, calling - I need to first go to my Covenant hall, then I need to go to certain location and then I need to get back to my Covenant hall. No matter, where your Hearthstone is set to, you need to perform that crappy Oribos trip through that anima pseudo-portals, that are actually pseudo-loading-screens. It's actually just an illusion, that all SL locations aren't disjoined. And it would be much more simple, if there would be portals to that locations in Oribos.
    I mean, considering you can glide from Ardenweald to the Maw, I think it's safe to say they aren't disjointed like you think.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...d-at-level-52/

That being said, I have mine set to my covenant hall because it saves extra steps since I can just pick up my callings, go do them, and then hearth back to turn in.
    On top of that, Kyrian covenant so I have a warp pad from the sanctum right to the closest flight path back to Oribos, cutting a bit of time off there too until I get the port to Oribos from the sanctum.

Conv as it has an Oribos Portal.

Edit: It has been explained to me that I am wrong.
    Don't worry you're not the first nor would you be the last to get corrected on that but nice job putting the edit so you don't get bombarded with replies correcting.

Mages always had expansive places to put their hs, but this expansion you're probably best to put it at covenant no matter what class because other classes can make use of the upgraded portal system giving access to oribos from cov too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, considering you can glide from Ardenweald to the Maw, I think it's safe to say they aren't disjointed like you think.

That being said, I have mine set to my covenant hall because it saves extra steps since I can just pick up my callings, go do them, and then hearth back to turn in.
    On top of that, Kyrian covenant so I have a warp pad from the sanctum right to the closest flight path back to Oribos, cutting a bit of time off there too until I get the port to Oribos from the sanctum.
    wait what?! EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!!!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Set to my covenant hall because I can get to Oribos easily thanks to to the guild cloak (the one that teleports you to Org/SW portal room directly) and Dalaran Hearthstone

Covenant Hall, and just use the Dalaran hearthstone to get to Oribos after two short portal hops. Probably a pain in the ass for anyone not on an SSD though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both my mains are engineers with an Orbios port on a 15 minute cooldown (one is also rank 3 transport network now), so they are set to their Covenant hall.

All my other alts are set to Oribos for efficiency moving between zones.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

HS + Astral Recall in Covenant Hall, engineering portal, Dalaran HS and Emeni HS on Ve'nari.

Haven't used a flight path between zones in weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post

I have my hearthstone at the covenant place and my "Hearth kideneystones" in front of the oribos portal in org.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

I know about it. But this is illusion anyway. Because Blizzard have had to made this anima portal area gap in order to allow things to load in time, so virtually it's loading screen. For example: you don't see loading screen, when you go from, let's say, Thunder Bluff to Orgrimmar via flight master. But if you'd use some sort of teleporting - you would see it. Same here. Just imagine, that there is nothing between them - just hole in textures. And it's purely unnecessary. Locations are disjoined anyway. Simple fact, that you can possibly glide (or even fly, when flying will be enabled) from one to another doesn't change anything. So, it would be better to just have portals in Oribos.

P.S. I just hate, when game is being broken, because some guys whine about purely formal things. Wuh duh, if it would be portals, locations would be disjoined, as it was in Cata. Open world/RPG/immersion/etc is broken!!! I quit game!!! Who cares? It's so minor problem in comparison with some other bad gamedesign decisions, that it's not even worth to be talked about.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-01-11 at 09:32 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.