Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    so why is this a big deal anyway?
    Even though I don't like him at all, and probably a lot of ppl in this thread don't, there is no denying that he is the biggest / most popular WoW streamer, meaning he's a huge influencer, and anything he says or does will have an impact on a lot of his followers/viewers.
    The strategy "I don't like him, that's why I'll argue that this doesn't matter" doesn't really work here. It's like saying Trump doesn't matter just because he's an idiot. You can see how much impact he has/had (mostly negative, but still).

By the way, he said he's only taking a break, and "indefinitely" seems to be "1 month" or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    https://twitter.com/Asmongold/status...37605256462341

I'll admit, as much as the guy annoyed me I still found myself watching some of his clips.

This means WoW streaming in general is officially dead?
    I would be sad to see Asmongold go.

In relation to WoW streaming death... no. It will be the same as now. Asmongolds stream was not really a WoW stream. The majority of his stream couldn’t care less about the game. They enjoy listening to Asmon and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    so why is this a big deal anyway?
    Cause people like to over exaggerate others actions and treat like it’s a major thing

Well he has enough money to take a break. ALso he allready wrote it is probably only a month or so.

So why not take a vacation. I don't like him. But i would be stupid not to admit, that he promotes wow more than any other streamer. If it is in a good way is debatable but not the topic of this thread.

He will be back.
    Saying wow streaming is dead because of him... nah sorry.

Is this anything like the last twenty or so times he's quit streaming indefinitely?

This game and it’s community was a lot better off before the whole streaming extravaganza had its lift off imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't watch his streams though he is one of though few people that post reaction videos to wow cutscenes/ events cinematics on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I am a boomer myself (35) and I agree with a lot of what Asmon is saying, in general and even his more real views on life itself (humbleness, modesty etc.)
    On the off-chance you're not being facetious, 35 is hardly "boomer" territory. At worst it's a really old millennial.

This is a clickbait thread title.

He's not quitting, just taking a break without providing (and probably knowing) when he'll be back. I would wager that he will be back at some point, though. Some of his content is quite fun so I'd like to see him back.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Yeah he's a drama queen, nobody needs to announce a few days of break. This is a huge nothingburger, as usual. He cannot survive without streaming.

I will never understand why we keep getting new threads about Asmon... 90% of people hate him so much here...
    How sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I mean the dude doesn’t really need to stream anymore he’s a multi millionaire he’s also the founder at least one
    Not true.
    He is involved in only one...

Iof the founders of a new gaming company
    ... not 'gaming company' but gaming organisation... which is TOTALLY different thing.

he’ll be fine and I imagine will still see him he’ll probably return to YouTube at one point
    He had never quit YT.
    He keeps uploading videos on his 2nd channel which shows his slighlty more real personality.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    why do you think he is still livingi n his mothers attic .
    His mom is old and can't handle most of the daily activities alone.

I am a boomer myself (35) and I agree with a lot of what Asmon is saying, in general and even his more real views on life itself (humbleness, modesty etc.)
    Looks like you do not know what boomer means...

Good, he can crack on with cleaning his room.

If he needs a break, let him take a break and enjoy his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I can't even blame the boomers on this forum complaining about Asmongold. I'd get mad too if I were 60 years old and, after a long life of constant work, realized I could've become a millionaire just by playing WoW LOLOL.
    Ok zoomer, or whatever you call yourself now.
    On topic, he is right sometimes, sometimes wrong, just like any other person. But he is not some crybaby and more constructive than most streamers this day.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2021-01-11 at 10:41 AM.

People take breaks from WoW. It happens. Hardly worthy of a thread.

I am a boomer myself (35)
    Not sure you know what "boomer" means.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Good. I'll never forget Asmongold mocking roleplayers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    He could stop forever if he is smart about his millions.
    He is frugal as fuck im sure he will have no problems with that lol

"indefinitely"

For a month

Which one is true? hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Because a LOT of people think streamers are their best friends, the most truthful people, and worship these dumb fuckers while tossing entire paychecks at them for 5 seconds of "recognition" and think everyone else has to pay attention to them. As well as holding them as some kind of metric as to whether a game is good or not.
    Who in the fuckest fuck tosses his/her entire paycheck on a friend? There is mental illness involved if so.