Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I mean, they dont really need an explanation. We've already examples in Kyrians and Necrolords both of them leaving the shadowlands. The shadowlands is just a magically attuned plane. About the same as the twisting nether, the elemental planes, the emerald dream, and so on.
    Exactly, why some people protest just for the sake of protesting is beyond me.
    Rebels without a cause I guess.

Yeah, can't wait to help some cunts out for the entire expansion, only to see them join the other faction. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Yeah, can't wait to help some cunts out for the entire expansion, only to see them join the other faction. Again.
    Tyrande: THEY CANT JOIN THE ALLIANCE, THEY HAVE THAT ONE BLOOD ELF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I'm just unsure how seemingly immortal beings from another plane of existence would function in the living, physical world.

Well I guess I shouldn't say immortal as they can be killed by other beings. I suppose immortal in the sense of not physically aging? I guess a story can be established by Blizzard, if these 2 races did come to Azeroth, that by entering the physical world and "severing" their connection to the Shadowlands they effectively become mortal or something.
    The Venthyr absolutely hate holy light, causes them to disintegrate. All we gotta do is lure them to the Exodar with promises of free blood and watch them melt as soon as they step onto Azuremyst.

I love the Shadowlands races but I just don't know if they would be appropriate as playable races since they're beings of the after life not mortal beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    The Venthyr absolutely hate holy light, causes them to disintegrate. All we gotta do is lure them to the Exodar with promises of free blood and watch them melt as soon as they step onto Azuremyst.
    Why did the race of Elves who are also pained by the light and stand in opposition to anything the Alliance cares for on a spiritual level (and in the Night Elves case political) want to join the Alliance? Why was no one against this?

Other than the race being Mary Sue as hell of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    As for ascended Kyrian, you're not getting one but, rather, the wingless Kyrian (they might get a wings aesthetics glyph or racial ability, though).
    I actually think the wings are a possibility, because they took the time to create a sitting animation with the wings where they wrap around the body and lay flat on the ground. You can see it in the few places like the Temple of Humility outside the limbo WQ. It seems like something you wouldn't go out of your way to create if the players weren't going to use it.
    Last edited by FossilFree; 2021-01-11 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    I love the Shadowlands races but I just don't know if they would be appropriate as playable races since they're beings of the after life not mortal beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    ... The shadowlands is just a magically attuned plane. About the same as the twisting nether, the elemental planes, the emerald dream, and so on.
    Stop making the Shadowlands what it isnt.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'd play a female Venthyr faster than you can say reroll! The more races we get where the females aren't fuckdolls, the better. I can only imagine how amazing their Heritage armor would be!

That being said, I'm not so sure it'd make sense for any of the SL races to join us in the mortal world...
    Just a thought:
    The shadowlands are not real death. They are more transition worlds.
    Forsaken are undead too, maybe Vampires could live in the mortal world aswell.
    Ofcourse they would loose some of their powers, and are more human sized.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Of course they would loose some of their powers, and are more human sized.
    Yes, great idea, two birds with one stone I like it very much

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicIsTerrible View Post
    Maybe because you can't play a Vampire, Faun and Angel (and Gladiator, too, apparently) yet, and these will do exactly that?

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I actually think the wings are a possibility, because they took the time to create a sitting animation with the wings where they wrap around the body and lay flat on the ground. You can see it in the few places like the Temple of Humility outside the limbo WQ. It seems like something you wouldn't go out of your way to create if the players weren't going to use it.
    I'm all for it, then.

It's a sign of them being playable, like Vulpera having a unique sleep animation. There's no need to put effort into a race's running animation, if they plan to ditch them when Shadowlands is over.
    Yeah, well, if they're going to make them playable they better redo that animation. It looks like the dryad run animation but without the deer butt to make it look balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yeah, well, if they're going to make them playable they better redo that animation. It looks like the dryad run animation but without the deer butt to make it look balanced.
    Because that's what they are - Fauns.

Unlikely, as the the name Humans, at the end of their name, implies which allied race they are. Furthermore, it was Jaina that recruited them, rather than Genn. The missing duo are Worgen and Undead (and, maybe, Pandaren). According to my speculation, Undead allied race would be Calia and Derek type, and Worgen (since Night elven Worgen are not relevant) would, perhaps, be Sethrak like Goblins getting Vulpera (which, are not related but use the same skeleton).
    And Worgen are Gilnean Humans that have some cursed druidic form of the Pack.
    And no, Jaina not that character that recruit them. Even more, Jaina was in jail/thos and Genn helped Kul-Tirans and her mother to endure that campaign. And Genn takes you to missions to save Kul-Tiras.
    Likely to me - that Kirians would be stormwind allied race and Ventyr would be Forsaken ones.
    Sylvars are too bad animated and drawn (go watch that ugly and lowpoly faces without any kind of expressions or even proper eyes)
    And Necrolords have big black hole unstead of faces.
    But its from some logic assumptions. We could have in latest patches some weird choises (Like Void Elf ones, unstead of Krokuls and Lightforged as customization for regular Draenei) like skeletons for Undeads (Marileth or full bone like Secutor Mevix ones) and centaur-like creatures from Ardenweald (I'll reroll my NE hunter for that in a blink of an eye)
    Or - it can even be not tied to SL content. Last pair of races could be Mok'Nathal like Rexxar (Kul-Tirans skeleton used) and Sableron (Worgen skeleton, we even have ones in our Azeroth today).

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    And Worgen are Gilnean Humans that have some cursed druidic form of the Pack.
    And no, Jaina not that character that recruit them. Even more, Jaina was in jail/thos and Genn helped Kul-Tirans and her mother to endure that campaign. And Genn takes you to missions to save Kul-Tiras.
    Likely to me - that Kirians would be stormwind allied race and Ventyr would be Forsaken ones.
    Sylvars are too bad animated and drawn (go watch that ugly and lowpoly faces without any kind of expressions or even proper eyes)
    And Necrolords have big black hole unstead of faces.
    But its from some logic assumptions. We could have in latest patches some weird choises (Like Void Elf ones, unstead of Krokuls and Lightforged as customization for regular Draenei) like skeletons for Undeads (Marileth or full bone like Secutor Mevix ones) and centaur-like creatures from Ardenweald (I'll reroll my NE hunter for that in a blink of an eye)
    Or - it can even be not tied to SL content. Last pair of races could be Mok'Nathal like Rexxar (Kul-Tirans skeleton used) and Sableron (Worgen skeleton, we even have ones in our Azeroth today).
    Actually, you can see the possibilities here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-allied-races

I personally think Venthyr are very ugly. Do people actually want to play as them?

Also gonna say I wouldn't want to play either for the same reason as the first reply in this thread. They have no place among the mortal races.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any shadowlands races should be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I don't think any shadowlands races should be playable.
    I agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    why does everything have to be an Allied Race?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    It could work if the expac ends with something like the whole concept of the afterlives being destroyed, with Shadowlands somehow materializing in the Reality plane of existence.
    This is probably whats going to happen.