Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

This means WoW streaming in general is officially dead?
    Why? There are plenty of other streamers that get pretty good numbers too. Some of the don't stream WoW primarily but there is plenty for his audience to go to.

I never watch Asmongold except for some of his youtube videos BUT I can tell he overall change a lot since his beginners days, i dare some of his videos are entertaining and he sounds like a reasonable guy, I don't understand the hate he gets here on MMO

Seems like there isn't much money to make with hating WoW since SL came out. Personally the only people I know that like asmon hate (retail) WoW, but that's just personal experience. Now classic is over and SL's biggest complaint is "not enough loot!", which was a complaint present in any wow expansion without major issues, it seems like there is nothing to do for asmon, who build his stream on two types of people: Classic fanboys and Retail haters.

This is not the first time he takes a break, he always came back after a few months and managed to keep his viewerbase. I’m only surprised that he takes one this early into Shadowlands. Its not like Asmongold streams were that much WoW focussed despite playing it as his only game, he is much closer to a Just Chatting streamer while playing WoW in the background. He even admitted it as such. He had analytics saying that only about 18% watch for WoW and the rest for the streamer.

I haven’t watched him much at all as I found most of his streams getting really boring as of late. He keeps the same routine and his streams feel way to scripted compared to how they used to be. The Classic streams were kinda fun when he actually played the game with others. His variety stuff, as little as there is were always fun. The guy could become even bigger if only he expanded beyond WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Thank you for enlightening us with this information.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    https://moneyinc.com/asmongold-net-worth/

Asmongold makes more in a day than you do in a month. I understand disliking the guy, but get real.
    ye ofc :0 a milionaire that is living in his mothers attic in completly ruined house

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Who in the fuckest fuck tosses his/her entire paycheck on a friend? There is mental illness involved if so.
    I had one friend who was hooked on Twitch. Day in, day out watching 1-3 streamers spending around $400 of his $900 every 2 week paycheck on 'donations.' There are some that will maybe toss $5 and then because of one Youtuber/Streamer, I watched one guy practically spend his parent's inheritance, lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment, is now homeless and he still continues to give him money. Why? To piss off the streamer's trolls. The streamer he spends money on? Doesn't really give a shit about said person, even though he (the now poor guy) used to mod and defend him to death.

This whole streamer culture is a cancer to gaming and, in my opinion, social life too.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Why did they start the org than? He is the biggest draw for them and especially their sponsorship deals.

He will not be missed by me. Most of his "funny" moments are staged with his ret friend and are extremely cringe.

One less negative streamer, thats a good thing.

People do not even realize the impact of toxic streamers. I feel pitty for all new-to-WoW gamers who got their frist impressions for this game from a "personality WoW streamer" on twitch.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Why did they start the org than? He is the biggest draw for them and especially their sponsorship deals.
    that's probably what burned him out. it's probably been in the works for months and every time he does some kind of big project it has burned him out in the past and has lead to a break.

this is pilav's chance!!

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Yeah he's a drama queen, nobody needs to announce a few days of break. This is a huge nothingburger, as usual. He cannot survive without streaming.
    Not defending Asmon, but it's pretty common for people with a huge following to announce breaks so the followers won't be wondering why whoever they follow is not online.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I mean the dude doesn’t really need to stream anymore he’s a multi millionaire he’s also the founder at least one of the founders of a new gaming company he’ll be fine and I imagine will still see him he’ll probably return to YouTube at one point
    "As of January 2021, Asmongold has an estimated net worth of $200 thousand." Ehhh....

Though good for him, I hope he can afford proper food then, instead of actual, living maggots.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2021-01-11 at 11:38 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Don't really watch streams/streamers, but I tend to agree with him on a lot of stuff based on youtube clips that I've watched. I love that he triggers people so hard though, and more amusing is when people can't percieve the difference between when he's being serious or when he's trolling or somewhere inbetween... A bit like Athene really, though Asmon isn't so agro or ego with it.

Streaming everyday must be really tiring, I can't even imagine that lifestyle but then for the money he's earned he can't complain.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "As of January 2021, Asmongold has an estimated net worth of $200 thousand." Ehhh....
    The guy has to be a millionaire, people have been throwing money at him for years and he pulls huge numbers.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-01-11 at 11:38 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I had one friend who was hooked on Twitch. Day in, day out watching 1-3 streamers spending around $400 of his $900 every 2 week paycheck on 'donations.' There are some that will maybe toss $5 and then because of one Youtuber/Streamer, I watched one guy practically spend his parent's inheritance, lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment, is now homeless and he still continues to give him money. Why? To piss off the streamer's trolls. The streamer he spends money on? Doesn't really give a shit about said person, even though he (the now poor guy) used to mod and defend him to death.

This whole streamer culture is a cancer to gaming and, in my opinion, social life too.
    People misusing money isn't isolated to streaming... every single facet of life that includes money have people misusing it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I am a boomer myself (35) and I agree with a lot of what Asmon is saying, in general and even his more real views on life itself (humbleness, modesty etc.)
    If you are 35, you are a millenial - sorry. To be a boomer, you'd have been born between 1946-1964.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy has to be a millionaire, people have been throwing money at him for years and he pulls huge numbers.
    Now, I'm not exactly his accountant or bank manager so take it with a grain of salt. But googling his net worth told me that in 2020 it was around 3 million, but as of 2021 it's "only" 200k. So... I dunno.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    He could stop forever if he is smart about his millions.
    You don't even need to be smart, just not retarded. Don't go out and buy super cars, planes. ships and dodgy investments. Carry it to the bank and live off a couple thousands a month until the end of your days with an almost luxurious life-style.

Well it's all bullshit anyway. It's not even an indefinite break when you can throw out a number like a month in the next sentence.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I am a boomer myself (35)
    You mean a millennial, unless you forgot to add at least 21 years to that number.