Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't think the tentacles are that hard to dodge and even a shitty player like me rarely is killed by them.
    Tentacles are simple but the timer on them is very unforgiving.

Yeah it is pretty hard and tight on the mechanic timers. If you have someone who is even slightly confused as to what to do in that fight they'll probably die. Not sure if it's as bad as to get nerfs though, every expansion has that shit dungeon that an average player wants to avoid, PF just seems to be that one for SL.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    he means the area they target.
    blizz changed the area a few weeks after launch and adjusted the number of tentacles (fewer tentacles, wider area per tentacle).

i would really like either a ground pattern that lines up with specific slams, or a mist on the ground where they hit.
    I would really love that because I have seen several times how one of the patterns has seemingly slightly misaligned tentacles in bottom left part and saw people unexpectedly die to it, both while doing the boss myself and watching friends on discord stream.

What about last boss in ToP?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

My main issue with this boss is basically the same i have with most of M+ in shadowlands: too much effort for too little reward (both in quantity and quality), too much discrepancy between dungeons in terms of difficulty, and the usual class unbalance for M+.

In my opinion this fight is just poorly designed. The rain is overtuned and the small adds seem like an unnecesary addition that add too much penalty depeding on group comp. The way i see it, this should be 3 DPS checks with 2 tentacle phases between them, the rain acting as a soft enrage for each phase and the big add working as something that should be killed during the tentacle phase.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

One thing that people maybe don't know that just before the Stradama room there is a side room with all 3 slimes and if you have a Necrolord in the group and they use Fleshcraft on them, you will get insane group buffs as long as you are stacked for 3 minutes, which is enough to kill the boss usually. It's something like 25% damage reduction and 25% haste and some aoe dam.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Most dmg is avoidable and doesn't have fucky hitboxes. First time doing it it's daunting, but overtime it's not a big issue.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Narkra View Post
    Just because some groups cant do it, shouldn't mean it gets nerfed. Speaking from my experience, Margrave was easier of the bosses, compared to the spider one before it. That mechanic seems to get people killed if they don't get it.
    Of a boss is significantly harder than all other bosses he is compared to, then obv. there is tuning necessary.
    This is not raiding where bosses have a rising difficulty curve and your group will slowly learn to do a boss. A overtuned m+ simply meany the dungeon will be played much less than all others. Since this is clearly not the intended goal, tuning is required.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience, it's simply down to people not avoiding tentacles.

Zombies and shit are just gravy and unless you have 0 disease dispels in the comp - it's really down to people not paying attention to what they are doing.

It also does not help that Hunters and Mages, the M+ darlings, can't spread cleave for shit. So it's mostly down to not a stellar comp and people eating tentacles.

That one is bullshit too.
    Massive difficulty spike compared to all other blsses exvept Strahdama

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    From my experience, it's simply down to people not avoiding tentacles.

Zombies and shit are just gravy and unless you have 0 disease dispels in the comp - it's really down to people not paying attention to what they are doing.

It also does not help that Hunters and Mages, the M+ darlings, can't spread cleave for shit. So it's mostly down to not a stellar comp and people eating tentacles.
    Point is that one shot boss abilities should not exists in M+ or, in case, they should be far more visible and/or with a longer time to avoid them.

I had no issues in Plaguefall normal and heroic, where tentacles do big damage but they won’t kill you if you are at full health and the time you have to see where to position is way higher.

The first time in M0 was a shock: way less time to position, and if you were caught, bye bye. Of course with practice you can learn and avoid them, but is this type of punishment really necessary, compared to all the other end of dungeon bosses?

In the end people will simply start avoiding PF as they did in BfA with Shrine or Manor (for different reasons but with the same result).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Margrave isn't even the worst boss in her dungeon. Just have 2 pallies in your group and the disease is nothing at all. Hell 2 pallies cheese the numerous annoying disease/poison things in that shitty dungeon. What? 2 pallies isn't super fast try-hard metaslavery for you? Guess it sucks to suck. Seeing all you kids complain that it's unbearable damage is hilarious since I know 100% that you do not have 2 paladins in your group and thus are victims of your own metaslavery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    That one is bullshit too.
    Massive difficulty spike compared to all other blsses exvept Strahdama
    IDK man maybe just move?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

That one was already nerfed. It's ok now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Margrave isn't even the worst boss in her dungeon. Just have 2 pallies in your group and the disease is nothing at all. Hell 2 pallies cheese the numerous annoying disease/poison things in that shitty dungeon. What? 2 pallies isn't super fast try-hard metaslavery for you? Guess it sucks to suck. Seeing all you kids complain that it's unbearable damage is hilarious since I know 100% that you do not have 2 paladins in your group and thus are victims of your own metaslavery.

- - - Updated - - -

IDK man maybe just move?
    I disagree - "It's ok to not be able to do it with any composition" is not a good design.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Immobile bosses are always a shitshow but suddenly having mechanics show up that weren't there in hc is just not good design. Messing with the timings of mechanics instead of the numbers is just setting players up to fail. Just tune them down so players can learn instead of feeling like they got pulled a fast one by ever venturing there on higher difficulty. Some bosses are really tight and Stradama is one of them, especially if you don't cheese your comp.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2021-01-11 at 01:20 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I am a dk. Im slow af. I have to be on point for those tentacles. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is a few times I have been clearly in the safe zone by multiple yards and still get hit by them. I understand its a cone shape. I understand its wider than the visual effect shows. But I can be a full tentacle width into the safe zone and sometimes still get smacked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    One thing that people maybe don't know that just before the Stradama room there is a side room with all 3 slimes and if you have a Necrolord in the group and they use Fleshcraft on them, you will get insane group buffs as long as you are stacked for 3 minutes, which is enough to kill the boss usually. It's something like 25% damage reduction and 25% haste and some aoe dam.
    Its 15% haste, 10% dmg reduction, chance on hit to do a small amount of dmg.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a tank I must say that the encounter is really tricky. Some people pay attention to tentacles, but totally forget about the zombies. For me, the most deadly things of the encounter -- 6 zombies and phase 3, because for some reason people dont like to kill zombies. I always try to keep them taunted, just to be sure it doesnt hit any of my group members.

and in my opinion, almost all melee does "dancing" with total success, but range people tend to forget about some mechanics. Maybe because we always keep track on different things
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Highest I've done with her is a +10, but I've literally never had a problem with her and I top dps while everyone else around me is struggling to stay alive and to dps.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    as a pally tank who usually has a boomkin in the group, I find this boss to be easy. everything the op complains about is essentially a non-issue. the adds are a joke with one AS they are "taunted" and easily kited. The tentacles are no issue with or without adds (i never need to pop steed). The rain is easily dispelled. if youre running a M+ and you dont take into account utility in your group comp then thats on the group leader and the people who are "winging it" with them. There is a reason PF is one of the easiest dungeons to time.

On fortified the bosses are a joke
    On Tyrannical the only boss that poses a real issue is the spider

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    My main issue with the tentacles is that it goes against Blizzard's design philosophy for the past few years. If something has a vague telegraph, it shouldn't be lethal.

Requiring every player in the group to know exactly where the tentacles are going to hit ([URL="https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/k9xdxj/the_hitboxes_on_plaguefall_last_boss_are/"]when even the game doesn't know sometimes[/URL]) every single time is way too harsh.
    That was a bug that was hotfixed after like two days.
    Margrave is one of the easier bosses to do on high keys, and the m+ completion statistics go in line with it.

Usually one shot mechanics like the tentacles become a non problem for higher m+ keys when people know what they're doing (same as bursting pre-SL), so god forbid there'd be some challenge for people doing single digit keys.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Hardest mythic plus boss in the game
    With not one, not two, but THREE one shot mechanics in higher keys...

- Tentacles that one shot everyone that can't dance like a pro, And even Pros get hit sometimes especially with all the other overlaps

- 3 Zombies that melee for 40k on everyone but the Tank
    -> Require Super fast Tank pickup and super good dps.

- A soak (zombie Circle) that one shots the group, usually not a problem tho

- Poison Rain with 200k dmg with ONE cast WHILE the healer has to run away from Tentacles and Zombies in Phase 3

- The Tank can't even Kite the Zombies, if group dps is a little bit lower, because the Tank has to stay on the Boss!

- An Enrage in Phase 3 where everything comes together, she literally spams 200k Poison Rains while tentacles spawn so no chance to outheal it unless you have very big Cooldowns...

The Tank usually struggles to pick up the adds and not get one shot by everything
    The DPS struggle to kill everything fast enough and dance
    The Healer struggles to not get hit by zombies, dodge tentacles AND spam big healz while running to outheal the 200k Poison Rains

Yes if you have 7k dps per person the boss is easy, sadly 90% of random groups dont one shot this one...

This Boss, unless you have very high dps, a competent Tank AND Healer, is a Nightmare and the number one reason why i wont do any high Plaguefall Keys when there's Tyrannical, I dont know how many groups i had who cant kill this boss, be it +8 or +16.

Super annoying because this is the last boss, and if your group can't kill it and wipe a few times you basically lose an hour of your time.
    No other boss i can think of has an Enrage like this one.

If your key is high enough you probably won't kill this boss no matter how many tries you do.
    I watched some streams of +19 (Fortified) keys, because i wanted to know how a disc priest heals this:
    The answer is: He doesn't. He died 2 times in p3 with BREZ and the group somehow killed it fast enough...

Just Horrible, requires at least a 30% nerf on most abilities IMHO

Another fix would be to just fix Phase 3, No more Poison Rain + Tentacles at the same time...
    Yeah, I won't do a Plaguefall M+ key.