Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    If you are 35, you are a millenial - sorry. To be a boomer, you'd have been born between 1946-1964.
    That's Baby Boomers. The name derives from the birth increase after WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    2021 is 11 days old...
    He's talking about net worth, not what he has earned in a given year.
    Yes a drop from 3m to 200k is massive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Boomer and Baby Boomer are the same thing.
    Regardless, being 35 makes a person objectively a millenial.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    2021 is 11 days old...
    You don't say?
    https://www.wealthypersons.com/asmon...rth-2020-2021/ Here's the source for the 200k
    However, here's a source saying that his networth is only 50k as of 2021 https://www.wealthypersons.com/asmon...rth-2020-2021/
    And of course, here's a third source (from 2020), saying that his NW is 3 million https://moneyinc.com/asmongold-net-worth/
    ... So pick which ever you prefer.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    He could stop forever if he is smart about his millions.
    Investing 2M (or copytrading from a trader who does it as their job - because 'work smarter, not harder' is how you should approach life), and he's set. Even a 10% ROI per year is giving him 200K, and some make upwards of 50%.

Hell, even the interest that some banks usually give would be enough for him to live comfortably each year, and never even make a dent in it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    .... Are you kidding me?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Surprising how many people don't know what indefinite means.

10+ Year Old Account
    A self righteous prick like him won't be able to stay away from limelight for too long. He will come back and start spouting some self righteous nonsense in no time.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I had one friend who was hooked on Twitch. Day in, day out watching 1-3 streamers spending around $400 of his $900 every 2 week paycheck on 'donations.' There are some that will maybe toss $5 and then because of one Youtuber/Streamer, I watched one guy practically spend his parent's inheritance, lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment, is now homeless and he still continues to give him money. Why? To piss off the streamer's trolls. The streamer he spends money on? Doesn't really give a shit about said person, even though he (the now poor guy) used to mod and defend him to death.

This whole streamer culture is a cancer to gaming and, in my opinion, social life too.
    These kind of people have always existed. In the past they were groupies of muscicans, artists, sport celebrities or they carried all their money to whores and catalogue brides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You mean a millennial, unless you forgot to add at least 21 years to that number.
    Maybe he means 1935, but then he would be generation silent...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Best BS post in 2021 so far. Streaming is good for gaming. People acting like "your friend" are idiots is all.
    The only thing I'll agree about streaming video games are tournaments. If I wanted to watch individual video games being played, I'd rather watch them on Youtube where they're edited without all the bullshit filler and shout outs.

I don't know why are you putting my friend in quotes. I think he's a fucking idiot for spending practically half his paycheck every 2 weeks and if I can share his story about morons who spend their money unwisely, I will.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    that's probably what burned him out. it's probably been in the works for months and every time he does some kind of big project it has burned him out in the past and has lead to a break.
    Might also be private stuff. His mother afaik follows alternative news sites (infowars etc, he's mentioned it several times). Maybe she is also under stress during the current situation in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this means that if you try to appease hardcores instead of whales on twitch you make no money

because hardocres know how to use cashback - whales dont do cashbacks

so what if he had like 20k viewers when they werent really donating anything

those are not your idols - twitch is a work for them

why do you think he is still livingi n his mothers attic .

also im really glad that most toxic wow influencer out there is quiting. this will be very good for the game
    you're trolling right? You think the mainstream of revenue for streamers is donations? 2008 called, they dont want your dumb ass back either.

There's some super jealous salt in this thread wow.

He clarified that he is taking a break (around 1 month), not quitting.

Also wow, the hate coming from some people here...

It's very sad... I feel like I just lost my best friend

I have watched exactly one of his videos. It was 25 minutes of my life I'll never get back. He's about as annoying as that PewDiePie idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    People hating on Asmon sound like the kind of people who hate actors because of their roles. It's a role. A character. Get over it. He's actually pretty decent guy from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye ofc :0 a milionaire that is living in his mothers attic in completly ruined house
    I mean...Sam Walton had enough money to buy and sell every person on the planet many times over, and he still just drove his old, beat-up Ford pickup.

Good riddance. It's disgusting how nobodies like this are allowed to not have to work real jobs and make a huge amount of money doing basically nothing. All these streamers and e-celebrities just show how terrible society has gotten that they laud this crap while other people need to bust their ass day in, day out doing real work.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is entitled to go on vacation/take a break every now and then. This dude overworks himself and I bet he doesn't see himself doing just this job indefinitely.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I'd say that having him gone is a good thing,but the worst part about his stream was always the drooling idiots following him,and those probably aren't going anywhere