Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Found the guy who didnt do it yet
    No, I got my brother to do it for me actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Please stop using "having a blast". It is so stupid and cliche.

If you want to have a "blast", please go to a demolition site with an explosive detonator.

what a dumb comment
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-01-10 at 09:24 PM.

I'm doubtful it's over. More patches with more layers I'm sure.

I am a resto druid main, don't really like torghast with my druid (tried bear, boomkin, resto). I really like doing torghast with my resto shaman though.

I've only completed 2 layers of TC since it takes some time and I am not in a hurry to get it done but I will (druid main, the maw, ... ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    You can just choose to not take the anima power until you're ready to not start the 1.5 min cd at a bad time next time. I bet you didn't use your phantasma consuming item from Ven'ari either. But yeah RNG is totally at fault.
    The Phantasma item is something that should only be used if you have large excess of phantasma. It's basically slightly worse then Obleron armaments in terms of value per phantasma, especially considering the RNG portion of it - You could get a nice bonus to your main stat, OR you could wind up with 200 versa, plus everything else in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I realised early that even level 1 wasn't soloable for my class/spec - so I won't be doing any time in there any more.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Maybe for some, but this is definitely not the case for me just after rescuing Jaina. The questline won't continue.
    Agree - same for me as of the weekend just gone, and for a friend one step ahead of my alt - no new quest until reset.

I finished it as a 208 Brewmaster Monk. It was definitely challenging. The difficulty was directly proportional to how many stacks of Corrosive Dosage I could get, as it's the most OP power for a Brewmaster Monk by far. Each layer took me between an hour to an hour and a half.

I don't want to do Torghast anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Please stop using "having a blast". It is so stupid and cliche.

If you want to have a "blast", please go to a demolition site with an explosive detonator.
    Whining on a forum is stupid and cliche, don't see that stopping you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaligned View Post
    I finished it as a 208 Brewmaster Monk. It was definitely challenging. The difficulty was directly proportional to how many stacks of Corrosive Dosage I could get, as it's the most OP power for a Brewmaster Monk by far. Each layer took me between an hour to an hour and a half.

I don't want to do Torghast anymore.
    Corrosive Dosage is the best power for monks overall, so I'm kinda wondering why more people aren't running it as mistweaver?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    if i got any i would, i had 91 powers and no options for that, got the slime boss at the final floor and he did the same thing, i got 2 leach ones i even had 2 turtle ones didn't help in the slightest, as a side note there's no pet hp buff powers for bm, my pet literly couldnt survive

- - - Updated - - -

i skipped nothing and i still got wrecked
    211 is a very high gear level and the fact you cant clear layer 1 is telling.

I wiped on a layer 3 run because I didnt focus on health upgrades and reached the floor 18 boss with 75k health.
    Was a hard learned lesson but every run after that when I focused on health + buffing kill shot it was a cake walk and i never remotely came close to a fail.

So you eaither had like the worst RNG ever to not get alot of +health/maw rat deaths give 2% or you made poor choices of focusing on damage over survival.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good job, some classes have to pick the right powers and still slog through it, others can't fail even if they tried, they just blast through it like if they were using cheat codes because their powers scale so much better lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Others aren't exactly intuitive fx.:
    tried it as a 211 bm hunter couldn't beat layer 1 once i hit floor 16 everything started 2 shotting my pet so im just gona do the quest on him then never go back there on hunter gona get the mount on my bear instead
    Your pet HP is derived from your player HP, pick HP upgrades to beef up your pet!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Corrosive Dosage is the best power for monks overall, so I'm kinda wondering why more people aren't running it as mistweaver?
    Because mana is a more restrictive resource than energy when it comes to spamming Vivify and because BrM is tankier and thus more forgiving. Or in my case I do my Torghasts as WW because I can't be bothered setting up WAs for the other 2 specs currently.

Twisting Corridors is a lot more fun than regular Torghast, but I probably won't be doing layer 8 again any time soon. Did it at 190ish as Demo and it wasn't too hard. The layer I struggled the most with was 7, because I didn't have the HP to survive casts so I had to LoS/outrange constantly. On my Layer 8 I got the "you can't take more than 25% of your HP in 1 hit" power which solved that entirely. In general I think power RNG isn't really a problem for TC, though, because you get so many powers that by the time it gets hard you should have most of the ones you need.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-01-11 at 01:07 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    211 is a very high gear level and the fact you cant clear layer 1 is telling.

I wiped on a layer 3 run because I didnt focus on health upgrades and reached the floor 18 boss with 75k health.
    Was a hard learned lesson but every run after that when I focused on health + buffing kill shot it was a cake walk and i never remotely came close to a fail.

So you eaither had like the worst RNG ever to not get alot of +health/maw rat deaths give 2% or you made poor choices of focusing on damage over survival.
    i was fine till floor 16, then the motr'gar mobs started getting the "every 3rd melee hit has a chance to do 200% extra dmg "buff a extra 15% here or there wouldnt have helped wiht that and by that time i had enough phantasm to buy everything form the shop bar perhaps the ravenous

- - - Updated - - -

any1 got any advice for dealing wiht the unchained as a bear when hes the final boss of the layer, i cant seem to stop him applying the debuff?????

or just play a bm hunter = ez mode

7+ Year Old Account
    Congratz.
    I got stuck on Layer 5 while solo, had to group up for the others Layers.

After ~5 hours of just mindlessly smacking through the tower i got the mount.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Because mana is a more restrictive resource than energy when it comes to spamming Vivify and because BrM is tankier and thus more forgiving. Or in my case I do my Torghasts as WW because I can't be bothered setting up WAs for the other 2 specs currently.
    Ah. I've noticed the mana consumption, but no fight has been long enough to drain my manabar for now. Probably because I've only done up to layer 3, and that Unfiltered Bone Broth is ridiculous.

i was fine till floor 16, then the motr'gar mobs started getting the "every 3rd melee hit has a chance to do 200% extra dmg "buff a extra 15% here or there wouldnt have helped wiht that and by that time i had enough phantasm to buy everything form the shop bar perhaps the ravenous

- - - Updated - - -

any1 got any advice for dealing wiht the unchained as a bear when hes the final boss of the layer, i cant seem to stop him applying the debuff?????
    I dont know how you think 15% dosnt add up.
    When I have had 450k health which transfers to the pet, tar traps reduce damage power+extra snare, misdirection reduces damage by 90% and chance on hit to 5% heal
    Pet becomes absolutely immortal
    I was lol md'ing big packs of elites on floor 16 on layer 8 just to see what I could get away with and my ilevel is only 203

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just took my prot warrior into TC last night, was not prepared. Finished layer 1 with 6400 phantasma and a 6 minute shield wall, sadly I don't have the gear to go into higher layers yet.