Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Like are you serious here? Im not watching him because I dont really care about WoW streamers (I dont hate him also) but saying hes living with mom because he have no money make you look silly. Hes making milions, cmon man, do some research before spewing this bulshiit.
    Tbh he could be living with his mom in that house because that looks more relatable = pays more? Imagine him buying a luxury house and getting gold chains on his neck or d.ck or whatever and streaming like that. I'm not psychologist or analyst but I think his viewers want exactly that picture of a balding guy in 15 year old shirts in a semi dark mess who plays video games nonstop and rages about it and gets into situations where he can humiliate people.

10+ Year Old Account
    And nothin of value was lost.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    So I don't have to see him make some retarded face on a video thumbnail whenever i'm looking for something WoW-related? The horror.
    Imagine being so mature that you are calling someone "retarded" on a random Internet forum. A shining example for all of the WoW community

More on topic, while I don't really like Asmongold (I personally prefer Preach or even Bell), it would be a shame if he stopped streaming. He's by far the streamer with the most followers, like it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    He will be back. In the meantime maybe he can clean his room of all the roaches, and the fucking asbestos he discovered on his ceiling a few MONTHS ago and still hasn't done anything about

10+ Year Old Account
    Just need a moderator to edit the title.

He's not quitting but taking a break.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I am a boomer myself (35) and I agree with a lot of what Asmon is saying, in general and even his more real views on life itself (humbleness, modesty etc.)
    youre not a boomer

With all the boot lickers and sycophants that treated him like a Messiah of WoW... my reaction to this news is...

Quote Originally Posted by mogrut View Post
    nothing more to say seriously than this. who the f cares?

One of WoW's biggest and most annoying trolls is going on hiatus? Good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    I like how people automatically equate "number of followers" of a popular persona/person to it "obviously" meaning the individual is a big influencer in the wow scene.
    Is he successful? Insanely so, yes, he's living the dream. Is he a standard people should hold upto when it comes to streaming or gaming in general or even pay attention to in terms of opinions/ideas? Not necessarily. Here's why:
    1. He's clearly battling depression brought on by his "career" and how it affects his personal life
    2. He's a very toxic example of a streamer on the Twitch platform. In fact it's a little hypocritical that he has a second stream channel where he doesn't display a cam and constantly victimizes himself all the while whispering to his viewers. You cannot be the epitome of toxicity on 1 channel and then fall back to the other and whine about the hate you get on your 2nd channel when things don't work out according to your plan.
    3. He's a perfect example of a person who doesn't know how to handle the power he so obviously has over his viewers / "followers". Take the fight with T&E, the epitome of his reluctance to accept he holds sway on how his "mob" behaves after he reacts to the content of someone on twitch/YT. He has the power to stop the toxicity by simply not reacting to the content unless it involves him, but no, because that would mean he would have to do something original for a change.

4. and perhaps the biggest reason of them all - Don't you think it's odd how blizzard avoids asmon like the plague when it comes to doing community interviews with devs and whatnot? Heck, they've done interviews with scum such as toweliee and yet they avoid asmon. Given asmon is THE largest twitch personality for WoW, don't you think the devs would leverage him to promote their game? Why do you think they haven't?
    It's because asmon is like the twitch equivalent of 2016 elected Trump. Does he have a massive following? Yes. Is it the following you wish to appeal to? Nope. Plain and simple.

The longer this man takes a step away from twitch, the healthier it is for the WoW scene on twitch as a whole.

P.S - i feel bad for all the OTK hypers who were looking forward to the RTWF coverage. You didn't deserve being ghosted by this new "corporation" the way it happened.
    This. All of this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    I found him to be more grifting about wow complaints to churn views than legit opinions. I'm more interested in people that are critically thinking about wow and legit analyzing and discussing good and bad points, suggestions. That's valuable to a viewer. Just complaining for the sake of complaining because it appeals to viewers and helps view counts, I don't see a lot of value in that myself.

Also, people saying wow streaming must be dead now couldn't be more wrong. There are bucketloads of wow streamers still around. That said, I understand the quick burnout with Shadowlands and Torghast fully. I've never in the history of wow lost interest in logging in daily so quickly. Too much of the daily content from the poorly designed menial wqs/callings to The Maw and Torghast is just more frustrating than fun. And if you really want frustration, have your pc crash half way through a Torghast run. I can definitely understand setting SL aside. I spent the weekend installing other games to shift to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    And nothin of value was lost.
    This guy right here? He gets it.

LOL, all these posts putting asmongold up on a pedestal, as a "multi-millionaire!!!" and he's only worth 3 million. lol.

3 million may seem like a lot of money to 95% of the gaming community, but it isn't. If I add up all my assets, I'm worth over 1 million, and I only make about $150k a year. 1 million isn't a lot, and either is 3.

I hope that by the time Asmongold is 60, and the rest of you, get some perspective on life. Maybe, Asmongold is, which is why he wants to leave a losing platform.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    This means WoW streaming in general is officially dead?
    Looks fine to me.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing but respect for this guy. I'm not a fan, but you gotta respect someone who got rich playing WoW.

People pay to watch some one play WOW?

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    4. and perhaps the biggest reason of them all - Don't you think it's odd how blizzard avoids asmon like the plague when it comes to doing community interviews with devs and whatnot? Heck, they've done interviews with scum such as toweliee and yet they avoid asmon. Given asmon is THE largest twitch personality for WoW, don't you think the devs would leverage him to promote their game? Why do you think they haven't?
    It's because asmon is like the twitch equivalent of 2016 elected Trump. Does he have a massive following? Yes. Is it the following you wish to appeal to? Nope. Plain and simple.
    Literally no one thinks it's odd that Blizzard avoids people like Asmongold. He's just not the type of corporate, sterile people Blizzard usually bring on. His brand is too "edgy" for Blizzard to safely associate themselves with him and he probably knows that. He's still a good representation of a large portion of the WoW community. Comparing him to Trump is a good meme though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    LOL, all these posts putting asmongold up on a pedestal, as a "multi-millionaire!!!" and he's only worth 3 million. lol.

3 million may seem like a lot of money to 95% of the gaming community, but it isn't. If I add up all my assets, I'm worth over 1 million, and I only make about $150k a year. 1 million isn't a lot, and either is 3.

I hope that by the time Asmongold is 60, and the rest of you, get some perspective on life. Maybe, Asmongold is, which is why he wants to leave a losing platform.
    Cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alubobz View Post
    People pay to watch some one play WOW?
    Apparently yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    If "Looks fine to me" also means "Down 60~k viewers", then I guess it looks fine. That said, it won't kill WoW streaming. I believe Devin Nash who talks a bit about the trends of Twitch viewership has said that Twitch viewers do not typically disperse and watch other channels when their "main" streamer is offline, they typically do not watch Twitch in that case. Existing streamer's viewers are endemic to them and not the consequence of Asmongold streaming, so though Asmongold's viewers are likely not engaged on Twitch during his hiatus, the viewers of other streamers will likely not meaningfully change either.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I can't even blame the boomers on this forum complaining about Asmongold. I'd get mad too if I were 60 years old and, after a long life of constant work, realized I could've become a millionaire just by playing WoW LOLOL.
    Accurate, the rage of people that are going to be stuck as Walmart greeters until they die is always amusing to watch

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this means that if you try to appease hardcores instead of whales on twitch you make no money

because hardocres know how to use cashback - whales dont do cashbacks

so what if he had like 20k viewers when they werent really donating anything

those are not your idols - twitch is a work for them

why do you think he is still livingi n his mothers attic .

also im really glad that most toxic wow influencer out there is quiting. this will be very good for the game
    You honestly dont know asmon if you think he is a toxic personality. His chat might befucking annoying but he- himself -is honestly one of the most down to earth non toxic streamers i've ever seen.

I'm always baffled by people who think asmon is toxic but the woke guy with the wife is not.