Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    hadn't he just had a longer break?

is this the geezer who doesnt wash or lives squalor? swear thats all ive heard of him.

The guy has to be a millionaire, people have been throwing money at him for years and he pulls huge numbers.[/QUOTE]

just because you see donations flowing on screen it doesnt mean it stays in his account

Towliee once made a nice summ up how it works - people make donation and then imidiately make a chargeback - he sees the text but he never knows if those money will stay there .

This is basically his own prediction coming true, and he has done this before:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SourThirstyTaroDoggo
    Last edited by McNeil; 2021-01-11 at 04:28 PM.

Do you think he will finally take a shower ?

As insufferable as I may find Asmongold, I can't deny the attention he draws towards WoW. That being said, it doesn't mean that the game itself or streaming it is dying just because he's fed up. We have more streamers now, plenty of content for everyone.

Wow is shit, and Asmon wants to play other games, but is stuck on wow cause his viewers are mostly wow fans. He can't be too casual about wow cause you want to win at it to be entertaining. It doesn't feel good to play something you don't like.

PoE expansion is coming in few days, and I know he wants to no life it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    The vitriol in this threat is hilarious.
    Eh, some of the vitriol I can kind of understand. Asmongold built his stream up around being the "big dick, literal god of WoW" and made himself a magnet for negativity over the years. I watched him for about 4 years so I saw a lot of this stuff. He's talked a lot of trash to the WoW community, especially to casual/LFR players. He started doing /spit on players who bought store mounts and was very vocal in his dislike of cosmetic microtransactions in WoW. He humiliates players in his transmog competitions. As it turns out when you build your reputation around being toxic and negative that can backfire on you, even if that is just part of his "streamer persona".

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    To sum up, the reason blizzard doesn't reach out to someone like Asmon for interview opportunities is that they do not want a person who doesn't even genuinely play the game but constantly is seen bashing it in one form or other on a public platform to a large pool of viewers, as that is not the person who represents their playerbase.
    I'm fairly certain that the content creator has to reach out for Interviews, not Blizzard towards the content creator.

Matter of fact, the only time i know where Blizzard reached out for an opportunity to engage in a discussion (rather than an interview) was when Ion and Preach discussed the Covenant issue.

In other words, Asmongold would have to reach out for Blizzard in the first place, which he may or may have not done, altough i assume the latter considering he's rather open about his laziness.
    They have the data available to them to back up something like that.
    Funny, as mentioned above, Blizzard actually reached out for a discussion with a content creator that a lot of those that seem to dislike WoW content creators in general (at least those that have the audacity to dislike something in WoW) have painted as the representative of "those evil 1% min/max'ers that want to ruin covenants".

Let's not forget one thing as well, Blizzards "data" is also subject to Survivorship bias, because those that quit WoW sure as shit aren't showing up in any statistic about player behavior in the recent years.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-01-11 at 04:28 PM.

Oh noes.

Anyways.

He is back in a weeks time. This is some publicity stunt to build hype for his "return"

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    https://twitter.com/Asmongold/status...37605256462341

I'll admit, as much as the guy annoyed me I still found myself watching some of his clips.

This means WoW streaming in general is officially dead?
    I feel a bit sad, I enjoy his streams on his 2nd channel Zackrawr. But I understand his need to take a break, even if indefinitely. The world is going through strange times, and we all need to take a break from drama and stress, plus he has to take care of his mother. He's filthy rich, he's a genuine well-spoken person (Zack as himself, not his asmongold persona) and he's probably one of the few streamers right now that is able to take breaks indefinitely without carrying for money, and has his "spot" reserved for when he comes back; we all know how very competitive Twitch is, and how it's a very dog-eat-dog world.

I don't think WoW streaming will "die", although his main attraction has left the platform yeah. But we still have Sodapoppin, AnnieFuschia, Hazelnutty, Sco (if you like competitive streaming) or Rich from OTK to keep us entertained
    Last edited by vitor210; 2021-01-11 at 04:35 PM.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

i did not mind asmongold all that much but whoever did those thumbnail pictures for his youtube videos made me despise ever seeing asmongolds videos recommended.
    And for some reason the option "dont recommend me this channel" does not actually... stop recommending me this channel (or whatever the function is called).

Retail Wow overall is just not a game for streaming, the main reason anyone watched asmons videos was for asmon and his thoughts/personality...
    The wow content he showed was not all that relevant to his success.

He'll be back. He likes to go hard for a few months and then the stress/anxiety get to him and he takes a break and then comes back. My guess is the whole OTK thing combined with the World First deal on his stream did him in.

Quote Originally Posted by I Cannot Fap To That View Post
    Rumor has it he was on video at the capital building breaking in.
    While streaming and talking about it at the same time. A literal god who can clone himself. Holy shit.

He ain't quitting. Close the stupid thread. It's just people complaining about him or about people who complain about him. We've got enough of these stupid threads.

I feel like he blew up randomly overnight. Seems like it was yesterday that he was getting 1k viewers. I'm getting old...

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    The vitriol in this threat is hilarious. Like, there's some Kardashian level hate going on in here. It'ls like the guy personally came to your house and shat into your mom's mouth or some shit like that, because that's absolutely the only reason why any of your fucking weirdos could be so agitated about this guy... basically just existing.
    Nothing against Asmongold at all. Plenty against the people who worship him like he's a descended god on earth. These people should be watched. Though I also think football fanatics should be watched and they're basically two sides of the same coin.

Anyone with fanatical level belief in something so irrelevant concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Anyone with fanatical level belief in something so irrelevant concerns me.
    "People who have passions about things I don't consider important should be watched!"
    k.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    "People who have passions about things I don't consider important should be watched!"
    k.
    There's a pretty distinct difference between passion and fanaticism. But sure, whatever makes you feel like you've made a point

Blizzard doesn't avoid asmon because his brand is "edgy", lol. This interpretation gave me a good solid minute of laughter, thanks for that.
    He's a perfect example of someone who preys on the negatives of something to gain popularity, fame and recognition.

Also, factually wrong, he's not a good representation of a large portion of the WoW community. A large portion of the WoW community is split between a variety of WoW streamers, from PvPers like Bajheera, Pika, Xaryu, or PvE'rs like Gingi, Frag, Naowh, LimitMax, Naguura etc. Or even the variety content streamers like Hazel, Anne,Quin69, Sodapoppin (also counts under pvp this dude). Asmon only represents the loud and brash minority that has almost 0 impact on the game overall. Hence the parallels I drew between him, trump and trump's supporters.

How much actual feedback have you seen asmon give on any topic on the official wow forums? How many bug reports have you seen him make on stream during alpha/beta? Probably none, because he was busy complaining about in-development stuff instead while other did the work.

What part of the game do you associate someone like asmon with apart from "completionism"? Even that only made possible with his "followers" feeding him everything. He gets carried in raids, gets carried in m+, gets carried in pvp, gets free loot from wherever. He doesn't play the game, he just logs in and lets it auto-pilot itself for him. His only content is pulling up VoDs from YT or Twitch while waiting to spawn camp some rare or w/e and reacting to stuff on a 2nd screen. It's only recently on his second channel where he's sometimes seen actually playing the game doing the daily routines.

I'd be willing to bet that if you were to take a gander at how many of his "followers" actually even actively play the game rather just shit on it in his chat or spam 'TRUE LUL', the number would be terribly low, or at the very least, they can be caught complaining about content they never experienced first hand. If there's a way to verify this claim of mine, I would love to see it in action.

To sum up, the reason blizzard doesn't reach out to someone like Asmon for interview opportunities is that they do not want a person who doesn't even genuinely play the game but constantly is seen bashing it in one form or other on a public platform to a large pool of viewers, as that is not the person who represents their playerbase. They have the data available to them to back up something like that.
    Nice try though. Asmon fan I'm guessing?
    Damn, dude. What a rant. You're on a fucking crusade against this guy, huh?

So your reasoning is that because he's not terribly good at the game (like the top level arena players you mentioned), doesn't write bug reports and does shitty reaction content he can't be a representation of a large chunk of WoW's playerbase? This totally makes a lot of sense and isn't solely based on conjecture and ill will

Also, factually wrong, he's not a good representation of a large portion of the WoW community. [...] Asmon only represents the loud and brash minority that has almost 0 impact on the game overall. Hence the parallels I drew between him, trump and trump's supporters.
    This comparison is actually pretty stupid because as you should know Trump represents almost half of the American voting populace (which is considered "a large portion" last time I checked).

To sum up, the reason blizzard doesn't reach out to someone like Asmon for interview opportunities is that they do not want a person who doesn't even genuinely play the game but constantly is seen bashing it in one form or other on a public platform to a large pool of viewers, as that is not the person who represents their playerbase. They have the data available to them to back up something like that.
    Nice try though. Asmon fan I'm guessing?
    This must be an extremely emotional subject to you because I honestly can't find another explanation for these levels of mental gymnastics. How can you claim in good faith that someone like Asmongold who practically lives in World Of Warcraft doesn't "genuinely play the game"? This is extremely silly.