10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Just imagine, twitter is nationalized and operated by a federal agency. 2028: Donald Trump Jr. becomes president and can nominate the next head of the Federal Bureau of Social Media Management.

Does that really sound like a good idea?
    Sounds like an problem the US has with its voter base.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    And what country are you from?

I'm guessing there's politicians or parties in your own country that you don't want controlling your social media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Seeing as you want to nationalize everything, that's also something you should consider.

Lenin was all for free elections, until they elected someone else, then he wasn't such a big fan anymore.

That's the point about giving power to the government: You should always think about what could happen in the worst case with this power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I was thinking more like writing op-eds for papers, writing articles for magazines and journals, publishing books, etc. That stuff's all still out there.

Hell, social media is used more as marketing for such things than it is for really communicating the meaty ideas within.
    Good idea i'll go publish a b-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And what country are you from?

I'm guessing there's politicians or parties in your own country that you don't want controlling your social media.
    He's a Dutch communist, formerly known as Gilrak on these boards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    And?

A publisher isn't obliged to publish anything for you either.

Doesn't mean you can't self-publish.

Self publish, problem solved.

Nobody should be forced to work with Nazis.

10+ Year Old Account

img removed
    You're aware that being dropped by one publisher isn't the same as being banned from publishing at all?

I'm sure Breitbart will take his facist opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez its getting harder and harder for us to get our pro-nazi messaging and literature, won't someone think of the little guy?
    /s

5+ Year Old Account

Far right fucked with stability of the country which means they fucked with the money.

Don’t fuck with the money of America.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    He's a Dutch communist, formerly known as Gilrak on these boards.
    That's right... so I'm sure he'd have no problem with Geert running his social media for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, you started bitching at me for calling to do exactly what I said to do.

You took issue with this.
    You have a lot of hostility mate...

I wasn’t bitching at anyone. I was having a debate on how to move from here, and actually get somewhere. I’m glad to see that on principal atleast, we seem to have some common ground ^^

Yes and? Should a publisher be forced to publish a book they don't want to?

He can always self-publish on Amazon, and if Amazon doesn't want to host it then he can self-publish himself.

Nobody has a right to have their book published. Ask the thousands of writers that have their books rejected every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    You have a lot of hostility mate...

I wasn’t bitching at anyone. I was having a debate on how to move from here, and actually get somewhere. I’m glad to see that on principal atleast, we seem to have some common ground ^^
    You came bitching at me, whining about my methods.

If you want to coddle Nazis, be my guest. If you want to continue doing business with them, go right ahead.

Well, Chad Wolf resigned. I believe he's responsible, if not directly, at the very least indirectly due to sheer negligence. homeland security secretary, what a joke.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Well, Chad Wolf resigned. I believe he's responsible, if not directly, at the very least indirectly due to sheer negligence. homeland security secretary, what a joke.
    Who is left?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Capitol Police officers are also being arrested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not sure if posted yet...

Parler sues Amazon for cutting off its services

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/tech/...uit/index.html
    Parler wants to sue Amazon, in the United States. They must really believe in the story of David versus Goliath. Why stop there Parler, why not go for Google and Apple while you are at it?

For Bezos it's most likely not even personal but just bad business sense, if he was really vindictive considering all the attacks on him and conspiracy theories being peddled on such site they would have been closed down long ago. I think Amazon will just settle for a relative small amount to reimburse them and not giving 30 days notice, or Bezos and the board will say fuck it and just bleed them dry in courts.

The best part i find from all this that is happening now is those fanatics spend more than a year if not years demonizing Big tech and the people who run them for all the wrong reasons and now the parler CEO is getting one door after the other shut in front of him when asking for a new host service. They finally have a reason now to just flat out ignore you and gain public support by doing so.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Who is left?
    Most of the cabinet. His nomination was already withdrawn. The only others that have left are Chao (Transportation) and DeVos (Education). Though now is the time (usually earlier) when the cabinet is formally requested to resign (even if Trump were serving a second term), so it's hard to tell if any are motivated by Wednesday's events vs. normal resignation process.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Most of the cabinet. His nomination was already withdrawn. The only others that have left are Chao (Transportation) and DeVos (Education). Though now is the time (usually earlier) when the cabinet is formally requested to resign (even if Trump were serving a second term), so it's hard to tell if any are motivated by Wednesday's events vs. normal resignation process.
    Thank you for info.