Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Well everything that made V a corpo snob is forcibly ripped away from him/her 10 minutes in, why would they continue to carry on in that manner?

Would be like a rich person going broke and losing everything, but still carrying on like a wealthy jerk while working at McDonalds. It wouldn't make any sense in any context.
    No one, and I mean absolutely no one, goes from middle class to gangbanger with the flip of a switch. Normally you don't change your mannerisms that fast.

Also from my understanding the corpo story does not begin with you being some low tier merc. You work directly for one of the higher ups in the "clean up" department, that just casually fried some people in the ESA council. You aren't a gun for higher like Smasher for example, you are clearly part of the company and delegate other people. You are defintely part of the office crew with heavy spy/agency tendendies. I agree though, that we knew someone like Jackie is quite weird, especially since it's not just some rando business contact.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-01-10 at 09:49 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

To get around the issue of not "connecting" with V, I decided to create 3 different characters (based on my pets) that each will focus on different skills and approaches to the game. So far, that has helped with V being "not the way I would do" because I'm not creating or playing as an idealized version of myself, but as one of pets. I've soon done "everything" on first char with some achievements, purposefully, done on the second one. Third char will focus purely on combat and "rushing" the game through to see how different choices affect certain quests. I have handful of failed quests/jobs in the log because of this, and these surely increase the replaying value for me.

Game does have its issues, but it has scratched the itch Mass Effects and Fallouts have left. I've enjoyed my 100+ hours in the game, and will play a lot more when they patch in stuff. However, I would not recommend the game without a warning to my friends/others. And I think the shit board of directors are receiving is well-justified, and I'm somewhat scared how the PR shitstorm affects regular dev members.

I think I only ever failed a single mission, the one about your neighbor. Most likely because it was the only mission that was time criticial.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So far the female V. Hacking as the primary playstyle.

Don't get me wrong, there have been a few moments of genuine emotion and super good acting. But they're kind of outweighed by what appears to me to be the writing/VA trying too hard to be sassy.

I know it would have been a metric tonne of recording, but I really wish they'd have given each origin its own VA, or at least different tones and character to the way they talk. Corpo should have been more smooth and cold. Nomad more laid back and maybe even a bit rustic. And keep street kid as it is now in the live game.

Oh well. Can't have everything I guess.
    I would go so far as to say they should have used a different va for each origin. It would certainly have added to the replay value and given weight to your character identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Messed up the bot-quest, and later found Meredith Stout on the bottom of the harbor, with cement shoes ...
    Sinnerman can go several ways, and so do other side-quests.
    Just because the consequences of your actions don't speak as loud as in other games does not mean there are none.

To my understanding the developers wanted to keep the main story shorter than Witcher 3 so that the players actually finish it (on Steam it is about 27% or so).
    They managed that but IMHO itwould not have hurt to put maybe a few more things into the intros of each background or the first chapter before you get the job from Dex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No one, and I mean absolutely no one, goes from middle class to gangbanger with the flip of a switch. Normally you don't change your mannerisms that fast.

Also from my understanding the corpo story does not begin with you being some low tier merc. You work directly for one of the higher ups in the "clean up" department, that just casually fried some people in the ESA council. You aren't a gun for higher like Smasher for example, you are clearly part of the company and delegate other people. You are defintely part of the office crew with heavy spy/agency tendendies. I agree though, that we knew someone like Jackie is quite weird, especially since it's not just some rando business contact.
    You make some good points, but 6 months went by, that's not exactly the flip of a switch. And based on V's conversation with Jackie, they weren't always a willing/happy participant in the stuff their department does. Mind you, that could be based on dialogue options, but I remember my V was like "do you think I have a choice?" when Jackie was grilling her about the ethics of what she had to do.

Oddly though, some of the corpo replies in dialogue with NPCs do sound a bit arrogant/douchey, so someone at CDPR likely intended that you were like, an arrogant higher-up with a cold mentality. Its inconsistent with the general presentation of the character, for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Messed up the bot-quest, and later found Meredith Stout on the bottom of the harbor, with cement shoes ...
    Sinnerman can go several ways, and so do other side-quests.
    Just because the consequences of your actions don't speak as loud as in other games does not mean there are none.

To my understanding the developers wanted to keep the main story shorter than Witcher 3 so that the players actually finish it (on Steam it is about 27% or so).
    They managed that but IMHO itwould not have hurt to put maybe a few more things into the intros of each background or the first chapter before you get the job from Dex.
    Totally agree, I would have loved a solid 4-5 hours of life choice-dictated gameplay before the Heist.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Finally finished the game up. The Delamain bug has locked me out of one of the endings, because I need to complete the mission to get a few more positive vibes with Johnny, but I suppose I'll either YouTube it or wait.
    There is a workaround for the Delamain bug. I'm assuming you have the one where you go up the cabs and can't interact with them? The bug is that the phone calls and cabs got mixed up. Going to one cab triggers the call for another, updating it instead. Go to one cab, get the phone call, then see which of the quests updated and do that cab instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    There is a workaround for the Delamain bug. I'm assuming you have the one where you go up the cabs and can't interact with them? The bug is that the phone calls and cabs got mixed up. Going to one cab triggers the call for another, updating it instead. Go to one cab, get the phone call, then see which of the quests updated and do that cab instead.
    I actually have a bunch of Delamain bugs:

1) All of them are mixed up as you said, that one threw me for a loop for a while.
    2) Delamain doesn't answer when I call him, but he does still call me when I'm near a car.
    3) The car parked by an orange warehouse and the car out in the junkyard don't do anything at all. I've driven up to them, I've gotten out and hopped up and down on their hoods, I've scanned all day long, just can't interact with these things in any way even when I seem to be on the right quest.
    4) First time I encountered the North Oak cab, it spawned in upside down and exploded, failing the entire Delamain quest line. Oops, reload time. After getting it to spawn correctly and returning it to the shop, Delamain will call me, but I can't answer the call, and quest will not complete.
    5) If 4 has been done, any subsequent calls from Delamain for any car cannot be answered, and most of my controls will be disabled. Walking in/out of a safe zone won't re-enable - the only way to get abilities working again is to trigger an in-game cutscene. There may be others, but the quickest cutscene I've found is the joytoy happy fun time sequence.

Oh yeah, and I guess 6) Delamain's twin brother appears with him in all of his calls. Inside of him.
    Last edited by Grapemask; 2021-01-11 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus that's more whacked than I thought. Hopefully it's on the next bugfix patch. IDK what it is about this quest in particular that makes it so wonky. My guess is that it was designed very early in production (Judging from the Portal Easter Egg) and the numerous redesigns and mechanical changes to the game left a lot of unresolved bugs.

My guess is that it was designed very early in production (Judging from the Portal Easter Egg)
    I've seen this multiple times but don't get it, there's a easter egg for san andreas, bladerunner (the old), the original matrix and many more, all long predate the work starting on cyberpunk so a thing doesn't need to be 'fresh' to be added as a easter egg. Not saying it was or wasn't but the age of the source of an easter egg feels irrelevant to it's implementation.

Is the next big patch in January? Did they say anything? Still waiting for it to play...

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Is the next big patch in January? Did they say anything? Still waiting for it to play...
    They said their would be big patches in january and Febuary. More then likely they are pushing release out till the last day they can get away with.

But who knows. They have been keeping radio silence since the last hotfix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I've seen this multiple times but don't get it, there's a easter egg for san andreas, bladerunner (the old), the original matrix and many more, all long predate the work starting on cyberpunk so a thing doesn't need to be 'fresh' to be added as a easter egg. Not saying it was or wasn't but the age of the source of an easter egg feels irrelevant to it's implementation.
    Could be true, but the San Andreas Easter Egg is still a meme popular to this day and was merely text, something one developer could have done themself for an old favorite game. Bladerunner, the Matrix, those make sense because of the setting. For example, Akira and Ghost in the Shell are old, VERY old, and yet they were almost guaranteed to be referenced in a game called Cyberpunk, considering their importance to the genre.

However, getting an actual voice actor takes the whole team, and Portal memes were all the rage back when this game started development. Seems like a deliberate unironic 'The Cake is a Lie' meme, less a small Easter Egg. Consider the structure of the quest as well. No other quest branches out into different areas like this, save for Beat on the Brat and Psycho Killer, which are also very buggy. It also features Delamain, a character revealed in some of the earliest trailers and is tied in to the main story. It really feels like it was one of the earliest designed side-quests in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    so i asked for a refund 3 weeks ago already. talked with support for a bit and then it went silent

anyone with the same issue?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be true, but the San Andreas Easter Egg is still a meme popular to this day and was merely text, something one developer could have done themself for an old favorite game. Bladerunner, the Matrix, those make sense because of the setting. For example, Akira and Ghost in the Shell are old, VERY old, and yet they were almost guaranteed to be referenced in a game called Cyberpunk, considering their importance to the genre.

However, getting an actual voice actor takes the whole team, and Portal memes were all the rage back when this game started development. Seems like a deliberate unironic 'The Cake is a Lie' meme, less a small Easter Egg. Consider the structure of the quest as well. No other quest branches out into different areas like this, save for Beat on the Brat and Psycho Killer, which are also very buggy. It also features Delamain, a character revealed in some of the earliest trailers and is tied in to the main story. It really feels like it was one of the earliest designed side-quests in the game.
    Some of the dialogue has to be more recent. The mission where you have to find Max for Regina, Johnny basically makes fun of both mainstream media journalists as well as games journalists. Then he makes fun of Marxist Commies in the mission where you locate the electronic fortune teller that is shouting Cold War era Marxist dogma. Both of those subjects have been more trendy in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    so i asked for a refund 3 weeks ago already. talked with support for a bit and then it went silent

anyone with the same issue?
    Refund from where?

If it was GOG ya it took fucken forever for me to get a reply, Also took 3 tickets.

If it was Sony (I got a digital PS4 copy) its best to just talk to their support chat. I waited weeks and just 10min's with support got it done.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Some of the dialogue has to be more recent. The mission where you have to find Max for Regina, Johnny basically makes fun of both mainstream media journalists as well as games journalists. Then he makes fun of Marxist Commies in the mission where you locate the electronic fortune teller that is shouting Cold War era Marxist dogma. Both of those subjects have been more trendy in the last few years.
    That isn't part of Psycho Killer, is it? It should be one of the numerous filler gigs. My theory here is that Epistrophy, Beat on the Brat, and Psycho Killer were some of the earliest quests implemented, and the game had numerous redesigns and mechanical alterations since then that left numerous unseen bugs in these unusually scripted quests. Even if it was Psycho Killer and I'm remembering wrong, Psycho Killer does seem to have more polish than the other two. It might have been added later as a way to give the game more boss battles.

That isn't part of Psycho Killer, is it? It should be one of the numerous filler gigs. My theory here is that Epistrophy, Beat on the Brat, and Psycho Killer were some of the earliest quests implemented, and the game had numerous redesigns and mechanical alterations since then that left numerous unseen bugs in these unusually scripted quests. Even if it was Psycho Killer and I'm remembering wrong, Psycho Killer does seem to have more polish than the other two. It might have been added later as a way to give the game more boss battles.
    The first quest is called freedom of the press
    The second is called Killing in the name

Psycho killer is definitely one of the first quests they made or at-least intended to include in some shape or form, their very first full cgi teaser trailer from 8 years ago revolved around a cyberpshyco, not something you do if cyber-psychosis was intended to be completely irrelevant ingame as just some never explored 'it exists' background.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    The first quest is called freedom of the press
    The second is called Killing in the name

Psycho killer is definitely one of the first quests they made or at-least intended to include in some shape or form, their very first full cgi teaser trailer from 8 years ago revolved around a cyberpshyco, not something you do if cyber-psychosis was intended to be completely irrelevant ingame as just some never explored 'it exists' background.
    The story in the game proper also has shades of this. The first part of the plot, its characters and themes are pretty much completely ditched by the second part beginning after the Heist, and I don't think that is entirely deliberate. I wouldn't be surprised if at first the game was mostly about cyberpsychosis and/or a rags to riches affair before they settled on the final direction but they didn't wish to ditch all the previous work.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The story in the game proper also has shades of this. The first part of the plot, its characters and themes are pretty much completely ditched by the second part beginning after the Heist, and I don't think that is entirely deliberate. I wouldn't be surprised if at first the game was mostly about cyberpsychosis and/or a rags to riches affair before they settled on the final direction but they didn't wish to ditch all the previous work.
    I don't think it is any of that. It is just using the core material in-game. Remember that Cyberpunk exists outside of what CDPR decided to do and Cyberpsychosis has been a thing in source material before. They just leaned heavily onto the existing world early on when the core story stuff for the game was developing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."