Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you know the rains dont actually hit for that high right? yeah if you just let them all fully tick yes they do 200k, but if you... you know.. dispell them, then boom.
    And if you can not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narkra View Post
    Just because some groups cant do it, shouldn't mean it gets nerfed. Speaking from my experience, Margrave was easier of the bosses, compared to the spider one before it. That mechanic seems to get people killed if they don't get it.
    No, the bosses before her are not tuned like this on high keys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Completed it on a +12 last week and we really didn't seem to have an issue with any boss.

That being said, a lot of dungeon bosses this xpac are made infinitely easier with 2 high burst classes in group for a specific boss rather than just high sustain damage. The adds for instance on the second boss in HoA need to go down before first stoning. The add on the second boss in sanguine depth just needs to die ASAP before it aoe wipes the group. Likewise, if you have a comp that just nukes down those slow skelly adds in a few seconds, the fight becomes easier to manage. In P3, everyone just dodges the tentacles and pop defensives for the rain.

I imagine this boss will be really easy as more groups approach 226 average ilvl, and I'm ok with that design. I'm ok with a +15 requiring a good comp, perfect gameplay, and good affixes (or some combination) if your group is at average ilvl 210 (what drops in +15). It's meant to be a challenge after all.
    Well +12 really isn't a high key though, is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Highest I've done with her is a +10, but I've literally never had a problem with her and I top dps while everyone else around me is struggling to stay alive and to dps.
    Lmao. What a great player you are! Wish I could top dps in a +10.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Looks more like a bug than anythin.
    A bug that still occurs, rarely. Happened to me this week in one of my PF runs.
    What seems straightforward most of the time, does not necessarily translate to being the right answer everytime. That's all I've got left to say w.r.t this thread and the kinds of responses its getting now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lmao. What a great player you are! Wish I could top dps in a +10.
    It's about time someone recognized my skill, Wheaties Box here I come.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

i've noticed that the tentacles have a bigger radius than whats indicated which is annoying when trying to avoid 1 thinking ur safe and getting splatted by it the acid rain defo needs a nerf.

Okay so dancing is not hard, you get lots of time to see the pattern it'll do before the first slam hits.
    Don't get in melee of the skeletons, they're only up during the intermission and the very end anyway.
    If your tank is trolling and doesn't soak, that's not a problem with the boss.
    You should only get max 1 rain per phase, assign DPS cooldowns better if you're getting more than that. Also make use of disease dispels/immunities if you have them.
    Lust last phase so you don't get the tentacle dance/rain at all.

Especially this week with Fortified I really don't see how that boss would cause issues. It's one of the easier keys along with HoA and Mists. By the time the rain is unplayable you probably also struggle to kill the slime on 2nd boss in time and might even get 1shot by the stun on 3rd boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And if you can not?
    Then you use personal CDs, healer CDs, immunities, health pots, health stones. Or just generally press healing buttons.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    This shit still happens to me. Clearly in safe zone and still die.
    i do PF multiple times every week and it has never happened to me, when people in my groups die they are clearly not properly positioned. Obviously, you don't understand the relationship between your characters hitbox and a ground effect.

Quote Originally Posted by parasight View Post
    So, what you're saying here is that a group beat the boss on +19
    Groups beat the boss on +22 and timed the key, so that's 25% more damage from the rain than on a +19. People claiming that keys are impossible at X key level are basically always full of shit.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marakara View Post
    The major thing about Stradama is that the tentacles hit animation isn't exactly right so people will die thinking they're safe. Most people have learned to overcompensate by now, but it still catches people in the heat of everything going on
    I think the tentacle hit area is like 20% bigger on Mythic than on normal/heroic.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Of a boss is significantly harder than all other bosses he is compared to, then obv. there is tuning necessary.
    This is not raiding where bosses have a rising difficulty curve and your group will slowly learn to do a boss. A overtuned m+ simply meany the dungeon will be played much less than all others. Since this is clearly not the intended goal, tuning is required.
    Luckily that is not a problem for Plaguefall considering it's the 3rd easiest dungeon.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    It's about time someone recognized my skill, Wheaties Box here I come.
    You know what they say. 10% luck, 20% skill..
    Hi

I don't think boss is hard as you are making out, the real area of the tentacles is much larger than it seems and the rain does too much damage. That's about it. Every group has 2 ranged dps for the adds anyway and the soak circle is trivial. There are harder bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by parasight View Post
    So, what you're saying here is that a group beat the boss on +19
    +19 groups usually have done hundreds of runs together.
    They are on discord together.
    They have 220 ilvl.
    They wipe to this boss often.
    They shouldn't struggle on a fortified boss with 7k dps each.

Don't you think so?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Groups beat the boss on +22 and timed the key, so that's 25% more damage from the rain than on a +19. People claiming that keys are impossible at X key level are basically always full of shit.
    If ONE group kills the boss and 100 other fail, this boss is fine right?
    You probably don't even see the failed runs in the statistics because if a group cant kill the boss then the key never happened...
    Maybe you should see their progress streams or play a high PF yourself.

Sadly 90% of players do pick up groups, and they fail a lot here especially on tyrannical

My prediction is this thread will get a lot more attention on Tuesday / Wednesday when many players try their first 14 / 15 / 16 Tyrannical Plaguefalls.
    Actually next week is Tyrannical / Explosive. This boss will be absolute madness with 6 zombies up, tentacles and Bombs everywhere xD
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-01-11 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    +19 groups usually have done hundreds of runs together.
    They are on discord together.
    They have 220 ilvl.
    They wipe to this boss often.
    They shouldn't struggle on a fortified boss with 7k dps each.

Don't you think so?

- - - Updated - - -

If ONE group kills the boss and 100 other fail, this boss is fine right?

You probably don't even see the failed runs in the statistics because if a group cant kill the boss then the key never happened...
    Maybe you should see their progress streams or play a high PF yourself.

Sadly 90% of players do pick up groups, and they fail a lot here especially on tyrannical

My prediction is this thread will get a lot more attention on Tuesday / Wednesday when many players try their first 14 / 15 / 16 Tyrannical Plaguefalls.
    Actually next week is Tyrannical / Explosive. This boss will be absolute madness with 6 zombies up, tentacles and Bombs everywhere xD
    No, but when the dungeon is the 3rd easiest in the pool, it's fine.
    Also what do you base "they wipe to this boss often" on? Relative to other bosses Plaguefall is one of the dungeons that people wipe the least in, because otherwise it wouldn't consistently be one of the easiest dungeons most weeks. There's plenty of other bosses that are significantly harder, because for this one all you actually need to do is stagger your DPS so you (for example) burn P1 with Prideful and short CDs, P2 with long CDs and P3 with Lust and 2nd short CDs.
    Oh and dodge the very obvious tentacle dance and not get meleed by the extremely slow moving adds. The only unavoidable(sort of) damage is the Rain, and you only get that 2-3 times total and it being spread across 5 targets(-1 per disease dispel) makes it easier to heal than something like the bleed on the 2nd boss in Spires, and it does less burst damage than the pulsing AoE from the adds on 2nd boss in Sanguine Depths.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-01-11 at 10:20 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, but when the dungeon is the 3rd easiest in the pool, it's fine.
    Also what do you base "they wipe to this boss often" on? Relative to other bosses Plaguefall is one of the dungeons that people wipe the least in, because otherwise it wouldn't consistently be one of the easiest dungeons most weeks. There's plenty of other bosses that are significantly harder, because for this one all you actually need to do is stagger your DPS so you (for example) burn P1 with Prideful and short CDs, P2 with long CDs and P3 with Lust and 2nd short CDs.
    Oh and dodge the very obvious tentacle dance and not get meleed by the extremely slow moving adds. The only unavoidable(sort of) damage is the Rain, and you only get that 2-3 times total and it being spread across 5 targets(-1 per disease dispel) makes it easier to heal than something like the bleed on the 2nd boss in Spires, and it does less burst damage than the pulsing AoE from the adds on 2nd boss in Sanguine Depths.
    I'm a healer, the bleed is a joke @ 2nd Boss Spires, altho i heard that many healers struggle there. I'm more afraid of the bolts in that bossfight.

You only have 2 runs i can see in PF.
    You're a DPS, the role that has the least amount of stuff to do in that fight.
    You had multiple dispels in each of your runs (Pala + Monk), a DK that could just use AMS and you can use iceblock. The druid could just heal himself.
    -> So you blocked the posion rain by having a great Comp for that dungeon. The healer could have died in p3 and you could have still killed the boss.
    You only went in a guild group.

I'm not saying that you're not a good player.
    But maybe other players have other experiences in that dungeon than you.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-01-12 at 03:10 AM.

And the "other experiences" is that Plaguefall is the dungeon with the second success rate this week starting to +16.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    My main issue with this boss is basically the same i have with most of M+ in shadowlands: too much effort for too little reward (both in quantity and quality), too much discrepancy between dungeons in terms of difficulty, and the usual class unbalance for M+.

In my opinion this fight is just poorly designed. The rain is overtuned and the small adds seem like an unnecesary addition that add too much penalty depeding on group comp. The way i see it, this should be 3 DPS checks with 2 tentacle phases between them, the rain acting as a soft enrage for each phase and the big add working as something that should be killed during the tentacle phase.
    Id rather do a +16 Night Fae dungeon than almost any other dungeon on a +12. The night fae one is just way too easy with barely any threats and a forgiving timer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    My main issue with this boss is basically the same i have with most of M+ in shadowlands: too much effort for too little reward (both in quantity and quality), too much discrepancy between dungeons in terms of difficulty, and the usual class unbalance for M+.

In my opinion this fight is just poorly designed. The rain is overtuned and the small adds seem like an unnecesary addition that add too much penalty depeding on group comp. The way i see it, this should be 3 DPS checks with 2 tentacle phases between them, the rain acting as a soft enrage for each phase and the big add working as something that should be killed during the tentacle phase.
    Id rather try to +2 a 16 Night Fae dungeon than almost any other dungeon on timing a +12. The night fae one is just way too easy with barely any threats and a forgiving timer compared to almost any other dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind her except for the tentacle area being completely fucked.
    Wish I could find it, but was watching JdotB the other day in there. He got killed by a tentacle while, and there's zero exaggeration, he was standing in front of the non-hitting one next to it (almost to the far side of it from the hit).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Id rather do a +16 Night Fae dungeon than almost any other dungeon on a +12. The night fae one is just way too easy with barely any threats and a forgiving timer.

- - - Updated - - -

Id rather try to +2 a 16 Night Fae dungeon than almost any other dungeon on timing a +12. The night fae one is just way too easy with barely any threats and a forgiving timer compared to almost any other dungeon.
    Mists does feel just easier than the rest, the annoyance of the maze aside. Basically if you make it past the few spicy pulls before first boss, you've timed the key unless something horrible happens. All 3 bosses are easy even on Tyra, the trash is overall not that dangerous after the first few packs, and the timer seems almost enough for a 4 boss dungeon. Halls is also relatively easy save for the Shards and the 2nd/3rd bosses on Tyra when you don't lust on one of them.

Plaguefall is about mid-tier, and definitely one of the easiest on Forti. Tyra is another story.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I'm a healer, the bleed is a joke @ 2nd Boss Spires, altho i heard that many healers struggle there. I'm more afraid of the bolts in that bossfight.

You only have 2 runs i can see in PF.
    You're a DPS, the role that has the least amount of stuff to do in that fight.
    You had multiple dispels in each of your runs (Pala + Monk), a DK that could just use AMS and you can use iceblock.
    -> So you blocked the posion rain by having a great Comp for that dungeon.
    You only went in a guild group.

I play more than one character, including with 0-1 disease dispel. The boss is not some massive problem, as evidenced by the dungeon being generally rated in the top 3 easiest(which also matches the completions). People struggling because they can't stay away from the adds or dodge tentacles is not an issue with the boss.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU