Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    People outside the US don't know who Yang is unless they're way too invested in US politics. Yang is cool cause he wants to break the rampant tribalism in our society.
    Sure thing, buddy.

meanwhile, you are opposing the First Amendment of the United States.

Again with the crime. Sex with minors is a crime.
    The book did not have sex with a minor. unless it magically grew a penis??

Also have you been ignoring why parlor was even banned? They promoted shit that is illegal. Incitement is illegal. Threatening is illegal. on top of the 3 dozen other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    So, that means an evangelic publisher is forced to published my gay softcore novel?
    why softcore?

How about a BDOM gay hardcore novel where the lead in the story is a super gay priest? Bishop? POPE??
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Hey, in a surprising turn of events, it appears that police are actually accountable for their behavior! I guess all it takes to hold police accountable is physical threats to sitting Congressmen!

*Offer not available in most states.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

why softcore?

How about a BDOM gay hardcore novel where the lead in the story is a super gay priest? Bishop? POPE??
    Not quite the same thing but:

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Not quite the same thing but:

why do you hate my freedoms!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    [video=youtube_share;6FXuXqzUO9E]https://youtu.be/6FXuXqzUO9E[/video

Man, 2021 Republicans should go back and listen to themselves from 2016. Seriously, they warned themselves, why couldn't they listen to themselves?
    Brianna is really good at dissecting and thoroughly exposing right wing media and lawmakers on their bullshit, with her monologue's, and it makes them hilariously butthurt when she does it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The book did not have sex with a minor. unless it magically grew a penis??

Also have you been ignoring why parlor was even banned? They promoted shit that is illegal. Incitement is illegal. Threatening is illegal. on top of the 3 dozen other things.
    Denying books that provide guidlines to criminal activity is a line I'd draw.

The posts parler got shunned for weren't promoted. They were from individuals, and threatening violence is against parler's terms. Soon as a mod saw them they should've been deleted. Problem is, these posts are so easy to fake.

Step 1. Create account
    Step 2. fedpost
    Step 3. screenshot

Many such cases.

I think youtube should be removed from appstores. Here's why:
    1. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/youtu...4AXwZOfcvNoA9D

Wait... Google owns both the play store AND youtube? That's not fair...
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2021-01-12 at 12:09 AM.

why do you hate my freedoms!!!
    Pounded in the butt by the sudden realization that the first amendment doesn't apply to private companies

- - - Updated - - -

The posts parler got shunned for weren't promoted. They were from individuals, and threatening violence is against parler's terms. Soon as a mod saw them they should've been deleted. Problem is, these posts are so easy to fake.
    No, the problem is that the posts were reported, and parler didn't take them down. Thus violating the terms of service for apple, google, and AWS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Pounded in the butt by the sudden realization that the first amendment doesn't apply to private companies

- - - Updated - - -

No, the problem is that the posts were reported, and parler didn't take them down. Thus violating the terms of service for apple, google, and AWS.
    They deserved it then. Gab is the OG.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I have a feeling republicans are going to truly be motivated now that they're losing corporate donors left and right.
    but its more PR then real damage as only those who voted against the Biden certification are getting dropped, which said companies can still backdoor support via CPAC and other generalized ways, now if they cut all funding for all republicans, well watch them throw Trump under the bus faster then you can say check please.

They deserved it then. Gab is the OG.
    So, you've been arguing for pages about how Parler shouldn't have been shut down...and you didn't even bother to find out the reason why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then the major vendors refuse to carry your book.

The further down this ladder you go, the less reach you have. Soon enough you'll be on a ham radio talking into the void. At that point who cares if you're able to speak freely. Social media is peak reach.
    And? What's the problem?

The right to freedom of speech is not a right to be heard. It's a right to scream into the void without legal consequence. That's it. It has never meant you had any right to any audience or distribution or broadcast.

Want companies to support you and your message? Have a message they want to support. Otherwise, shove off and do it yourself.

Step 1. Create account
    Step 2. fedpost
    Step 3. screenshot

Many such cases.

I think youtube should be removed from appstores. Here's why:

Wait... Google owns both the play store AND youtube? That's not fair...
    You are drawing the line? You mean you hate freedom! You hate the 1st amendment!! /s

crazy thing is the courts actually confirmed that bomb making books and a real famous one were legal to sell under the 1st amendment. Very clear guidelines to criminal activity. What it has also confirmed is no private company has to publish, sell or allow advertisements of said books.

you are really not good at the constitution thing are ya?

As far as youtube is concerned, with the logic in those reports you would basically have to ban anyone under 16 from posting videos or being in video's because perverts will be perverts. ? They are flipping out over content that can be found on TV on a daily basis. Should kids be banned from wearing bathing suits on TV next?

Gymnastics? Pools? Beaches? I mean come on now you are really reaching my friend.

Good thing you seem to young to have been around during the catalog years, otherwise you would have been pushing for the Sears catalog to be banned cause it had child models in it.

As for your excuses for parlor's activities is bullshit. This has been going on long before the insurrection. did you even read the statements from these companies? Hell even parlor bragged they were not going to censor these kind of post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    but its more PR then real damage as only those who voted against the Biden certification are getting dropped, which said companies can still backdoor support via CPAC and other generalized ways, now if they cut all funding for all republicans, well watch them throw Trump under the bus faster then you can say check please.
    well most of them have cut all political funding, just a few specifically done so just for republicans
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And? What's the problem?

The right to freedom of speech is not a right to be heard. It's a right to scream into the void without legal consequence. That's it. It has never meant you had any right to any audience or distribution or broadcast.

Want companies to support you and your message? Have a message they want to support. Otherwise, shove off and do it yourself.
    How about simply a message that doesn’t include violence and sedition and proven aims to get people killed.

Liability more than unpopular books or a message that hurts people’s feelings.

This shit is pure stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

You are drawing the line? You mean you hate freedom! You hate the 1st amendment!! /s

crazy thing is the courts actually confirmed that bomb making books and a real famous one were legal to sell under the 1st amendment. Very clear guidelines to criminal activity. What it has also confirmed is no private company has to publish, sell or allow advertisements of said books.

you are really not good at the constitution thing are ya?

As far as youtube is concerned, with the logic in those reports you would basically have to ban anyone under 16 from posting videos or being in video's because perverts will be perverts. ? They are flipping out over content that can be found on TV on a daily basis. Should kids be banned from wearing bathing suits on TV next?

Gymnastics? Pools? Beaches? I mean come on now you are really reaching my friend.

Good thing you seem to young to have been around during the catalog years, otherwise you would have been pushing for the Sears catalog to be banned cause it had child models in it.

As for your excuses for parlor's activities is bullshit. This has been going on long before the insurrection. did you even read the statements from these companies? Hell even parlor bragged they were not going to censor these kind of post.

- - - Updated - - -

well most of them have cut all political funding, just a few specifically done so just for republicans
    You can sell books about how to make bombs but that’s because it can be defended as research.

A book where you openly plot to kill someone or admit you did like OJ can be dropped like a hit potato.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

You can sell books about how to make bombs but that’s because it can be defended as research.

A book where you openly plot to kill someone or admit you did like OJ can be dropped like a hit potato.
    A publisher can drop a book for any reason it wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

both of them can be dropped like a hot potato by amazon, borders, joe's book shack on the corner.....if they wanted too.

The govt making it illegal to sell, no.

why is this so hard for people to understand. Private company vs govt
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    both of them can be dropped like a hot potato by amazon, borders, joe's book shack on the corner.....if they wanted too.

I do understand it, but no there are limits to what you can or can't print, you absolutely can not Print anything you want there are always limits. Yes I understand a private company can banned anything they want but so too can the government. There are limits such as liability, but there are criminal.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

He's got my vote every time he runs
    Doubtful. You portray yourself as a typical magat Downton not even understanding what the constitution means despite claiming you know. But in all honesty, you are probably not American pretending to be, like a few others here.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's not hard for them to understand. They know, they've just lived in a world of FAUX News where you scream 1st ammendment, free speech, or patriot despite it having no bearing because chuds will be chuds living in ignorance.

I mean a saw a woman get kick off a plane for refusing to wear a mask and claimed it was a free speech issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question... What happens in China, if your platform blocks the Xi Jinping?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    He's got my vote every time he runs
    "Twitter bans for inciting violence should last for months or years not hours."
    - Andrew Yang

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...73832951656449

"Polarization and violence will continue to rise unless we address social media’s cultivation of extremity and conspiracy theories. Fake news spreads 6 times more powerfully than truth on social media. That is a landscape that will breed mistrust and hatred."
    - Andrew Yang

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...76917821227010