Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Sorry I can't make the connection...i dont think fans of people see those people as rolemodels...i'm a fan of my local soccer team...I would never want to be in their place,i would like the money lol,but by that logic any profession that makes a fair bit of money would be a role model profession?

I think his fans just enjoy his content and maybe even like him as a person...dont see why that alone would make him their rolemodel...my best friend is an awsome person,they arent my role model
    How your own dad becomes a role model (in a good family), or your brother? Or anyone who makes an impression on you? Human development has many stages. As kids, you look for role models and guides, you are more impressionable. Then with age comes the "I'm myself, so I'm gonna go find myself" part. It's all natural. I can kinda guess from your answers where are you at. You even deny the whole fan-thing and emphasize how you don't "fan over" people so noone else in your mind can. Yes, 14-16 yo girls dont look at Bieber as role model obviously as they scream and cry when they meet him. "Fanning" is different with age and genders and other dynamics etc. But nontheless it exists.

He’s been weird lately, playing without a cam and a game that isn’t WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    How your own dad becomes a role model (in a good family), or your brother? Or anyone who makes an impression on you? Human development has many stages. As kids, you look for role models and guides, you are more impressionable. Then with age comes the "I'm myself, so I'm gonna go find myself" part. It's all natural. I can kinda guess from your answers where are you at. You even deny the whole fan-thing and emphasize how you don't "fan over" people so noone else in your mind can. Yes, 14-16 yo girls dont look at Bieber as role model obviously as they scream and cry when they meet him. "Fanning" is different with age and genders and other dynamics etc. But nontheless it exists.
    Yeah parents and older siblings are natural rolemodels,thats kinda a different thing and not something young kids can really control,and i doubt asmons fanbase are all toddlers,well...maybe they are mentaly idk :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    He’s been weird lately, playing without a cam and a game that isn’t WoW.
    lol,i just whent on twitch and hes featured,playing rust with no cam,but on a different channel?i think?its called zack

actualy i see multiple featured channels playing rust atm the heck

"So guys I got a ton of problems so I can't work a couple of hours a day. Instead, I throw my regular life away and give in to feed my video game addiction. That should solve all my problems. See you in a month or so."

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    So I don't have to see him make some retarded face on a video thumbnail whenever i'm looking for something WoW-related? The horror.
    even when i have no probs with him (and i just watched maybe max 5-10 of his vids anyway), i also find this abnormal annoying. googles/youtubes analyzing shit shows up a hundred of stupid asmongold faces on the sidebar, just because i watched some SL vids (guides, statements, etc) of some ppl i not even remember their name (besides typical preach and bellular xpac starting vids).

so i just have to agree 100% with quoted poster.

He's streaming right now on his second channel. I guess Zack needs a break from Asmongold.

15+ Year Old Account
    daw I love Asmonbald. he's such a dork... Them eyebrows!!

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Even then, being an early Millennial... pretty hard to relate to someone born in '96. Both culturally and economically. I've never been comfortable with that particular label.
    Oh, I agree, I was born in '82. Feels like I have a lot more in common with Gen Xers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This will open the floodgates for others to grow in popularity.
    To restate what I said earlier, Devin Nash (Twitch steamer with CMO experience) has previously talked about how Twitch users are endemic to the Streamer and typically follow "their" Streamer. That means that if I watch Streamer X, when Streamer X goes offline, I, a typical user, will leave Twitch for the night. Obviously there are edge cases, such as if I enjoy multiple Steamers, but even in that circumstance discoverability is low (i.e.: if I watch Steamer X and Streamer Y, I'll follow them and am unlikely to "discover" Streamer Z). So, when Asmongold leaves, it doesn't give room for others to grow, it just means his 60~k audience will either not use the platform for the duration or will migrate to other Streamers they already watch.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    he's streaming right now. crazy.
    But the thread said he quit

I like how this topic already got 13 pages, although we have so many people here who always say "Asmongold who?" "Do you have to know him?" "Who cares about him"

funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    But the thread said he quit
    google what ''indefinitely'' means,also,tehnicaly zack is streaming not asmongold )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    I like how this topic already got 13 pages, although we have so many people here who always say "Asmongold who?" "Do you have to know him?" "Who cares about him"

funny.
    its just a meme

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its such a privilege to stop doing your full-time job and still be paid. Regular people cant do stuff like this and still make a living

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Its such a privilege to stop doing your full-time job and still be paid. Regular people cant do stuff like this and still make a living
    Yes they can? It's called vacation days.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yes they can? It's called vacation days.
    But they can't just go in one day and say "Hey, boss - I'm gonna stop working for a while. I don't know how long a while is, but I'll be back at some point to pick up where I left off, and I'm sure my job will be here waiting for me when I'm good and ready to come back."

That's a lot different than taking a few days off once or twice a year, and you know it.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    But they can't just go in one day and say "Hey, boss - I'm gonna stop working for a while. I don't know how long a while is, but I'll be back at some point to pick up where I left off, and I'm sure my job will be here waiting for me when I'm good and ready to come back."

That's a lot different than taking a few days off once or twice a year, and you know it.

Be your own boss and you can. I hired 2 people so I could do exactly that.

Surprised that he had viewers considering his content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    He's a regular person too. Other regular people just didnt make right choices, and chose to work the job they dont enjoy.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

I litrually do that all the time..a month at a time often, dont compare your job and consider that to be the standard for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Shame, i enjoy his streams

Also, god damn so much literally SHIT throwing going on here, we get it, u dont like him, then keep it at that and stfu, act like an adult.
    Yeah how dare people share their opinion about an individual in a thread about said individual.
    I suggest you take your own advice and start acting like an adult.