Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    https://twitter.com/Asmongold/status...37605256462341

I'll admit, as much as the guy annoyed me I still found myself watching some of his clips.

This means WoW streaming in general is officially dead?
    Again? LOL. He quits streaming more often than players quit WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Even though I don't like him at all, and probably a lot of ppl in this thread don't, there is no denying that he is the biggest / most popular WoW streamer, meaning he's a huge influencer, and anything he says or does will have an impact on a lot of his followers/viewers.
    The strategy "I don't like him, that's why I'll argue that this doesn't matter" doesn't really work here. It's like saying Trump doesn't matter just because he's an idiot. You can see how much impact he has/had (mostly negative, but still).

By the way, he said he's only taking a break, and "indefinitely" seems to be "1 month" or so.
    Oh, come ON. Preach is way more influential - and Blizzard will take his call. Blizzard wants nothing to do with Asmond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well.

I was never a fan; I never watched any of his videos, any of his clips. He had no appeal to me on any level whatsoever.
    I'm not hating on him; I'm happy for him. He got paid to do what we all pay to do. I'd have traded places with him in a heartbeat. But I can only see good things coming from this.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the degeneracy of the wow community can take a turn towards the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    But they can't just go in one day and say "Hey, boss - I'm gonna stop working for a while. I don't know how long a while is, but I'll be back at some point to pick up where I left off, and I'm sure my job will be here waiting for me when I'm good and ready to come back."

That's a lot different than taking a few days off once or twice a year, and you know it.
    Some jobs are flexible enough to take unpaid leave for extended time if needed, while still keeping the job. My current company allows that, and people have taken month-long hiatuses. And I work in entertainment.

Good for him. The game is trash. Not even a well paid streamer managed to keep the interest past a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So has he quit streaming as Asmongold cause i see his alt account is live right now and he is playing wow, just no cam.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Why am i taking a break well i am so rich and people have gifted me so much money i can retire at the age of 30 so its whatever.

The steaming make you happy that is great thing for us as I am new user, want to watch this clips

Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    Good for him. The game is trash. Not even a well paid streamer managed to keep the interest past a few weeks.
    Hah, this is probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    but he hasnt stopped playing wow at all. hes playing wow right now on other account

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol.. where did you find that quote?

https://moneyinc.com/asmongold-net-w...%243%20million.

Here's another random source that says 3 million.

Except it's easily more than that due to donations and twitch partners getting a larger share than regular streamers.
    Just google "Asmongold net worth", you'll find a lot of different guesses and answers. I even provided sources a few pages back so...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I wonder who he is? I have played Wow for like 15 years, and i got no idea.. I gotta google him lol.
    The only thing that his name reminds me is - Azmodan from Diablo 3 ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    The less streamers there are, the better place this planet will be.
    Blizz does not agree with you.
    Blizz helps streamers have early access (early beta even for rules offenders, but with popular channels) while streamers help Blizz by streaming WOW alot (even if negative, but without poor taste).

But in essence you are right, game streams are just internet pollution, wasted bandwidth and dead neurons for anyone else except the streamer and the game developer, who cash out.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2021-01-12 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh.

I've never watched any WoW streamers. Not once since the very beginning. WoW just happens to be one of those games that is very dull to watch. Rather play myself, and form my own opinions based on my own experiences.

The very few times I've clicked the insipid "Asmongold Reacts to -Insert Bullshit!-" videos, his room appears to be very messy. That's literally all I know about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

This thread is still ongoing... oh boy... it is truely fascinating how single 'balding man' playing video game can be sooo tilting for some people...
    Again - it is really disgusting seeing anyone laughing at being careful for parent, teeth problems or telling him how he should live.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-01-12 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    https://twitter.com/Asmongold/status...37605256462341

I'll admit, as much as the guy annoyed me I still found myself watching some of his clips.

This means WoW streaming in general is officially dead?
    Did he tho? He is steaming today, a day after the tweet he said he would break.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I can't even blame the boomers on this forum complaining about Asmongold. I'd get mad too if I were 60 years old and, after a long life of constant work, realized I could've become a millionaire just by playing WoW LOLOL.
    How many millionaire streamers are there compared to gamers? Stop directing your frustration at others.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    inb4 who
    This.

I only know his name from this forum.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is Asmongold and why should I care?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Who is Asmongold and why should I care?
    http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=who+is+asmongold and then you can decide if you care or not.

No need to tell us if you don't care.
    Last edited by Thes; 2021-01-12 at 01:48 PM.