The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well champion defence was nerfed so it’s gonna be hard for me to play shield throw with them.

Now the question is rather I try rage beserker shield throw or play something that won’t suck,

Quote Originally Posted by Allegresse View Post
    Tried to but had horrible luck on loot rng and the items I did get resists on wound up causing me to then be missing STR and AGI I needed to use gems and gear I was using. By rerolling, I planned out better and will now stay in act 5 for a bit to farm some good gear and currencies to be better prepped for act 6.
    What? No dude. You don't plan your character thru leveling unless you play HC. Go full glass canon.

Stats becomes irrelevant once you hit like 85 level, they are mostly undesirable on gear unless you play like INT/STR stacker builds.
    Also you get access to crafting bench that gives you option to craft resists on gear.
    Now you will also have harvest crafting so I suppose you could say that resists became irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I haven't played Blade Vortex in a long time. Last time I did was poison/BV Shadow, iirc.
    Yes, going that way aswell. Getting all chaos/poison nodes aswell as some hp ones around. Just unlocked cwc and vile toxins support so the basic setup is done - i'll may hunt for a nice 5link later on to drag it till endgame. Need to check which supports are the best ones to use. Both Poison and Swift affliction look good.

EDIT: patch notes out when?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-01-12 at 08:27 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i need to figure out something to play other than my typical scourge arrow ignite bow elementalist. I've mained it for 5 seasons now because it's the only functional build that i also find fun enough to actually play instead of just getting bored around t5 or sooner. Trying new builds feels really taxing and if i go through the full leveling process of 2 characters and don't love either of them then i'm usually just done playing for the season.

any suggestions?

although i'll have to check out that elementalist rework to see how it impacted the build
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2021-01-12 at 05:53 PM.

Eh, i'm in the same boat everytime a new league comes. I usually roll with something based on the new/changed skills to try them, but i end always playing the same stuff over and over.

I actually never played a bow build. Nor fire ones, so i could try something like that. IIRC they reworked Deadeye right?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah I would say its the biggest difference between the kind of player PoE attracts vs what D3 did (when blizz still gave a shit about it).

PoE's pull is in its convoluted systems and people wanting to gain mastery over that and pull those rng levers to hit those crazy strong items that make you one shot everything 10x as hard as you were already one shotting them just because you can.

D3 on the other hand completely dumpstered PoE on the combat front, but its systems are tremendously more simple and straightforward.

PoE is just not a game you play for action combat imo, because its bad at it in so many ways.

Because frankly it doesn't matter and would just highlight issues with the game.

You die most of the time to things you never would have been able to realistically react to, and the reason those things do as much damage as they do is because the games scaling is impossible to balance with how convoluted and random its systems are.

You can't fix this without fundamentally changing the game at its core.
    If D3 would have put as much time into seasons as PoE did in leagues I would probably not have played PoE at all for the last few years.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The problem with D3 is that it simply didn't have a good enough base to build over it through seasons. When you cannot change much baseline, you can only get so far. Meanwhile PoE has a huge platform to start from and expand. In the end, all PoE seasons are:
    - rework of passives/skills and eventual new ones
    - new currency
    - alternate way of crafting stuff
    - new endgame challenges that can live together with all the previous ones.

Yes, sometimes they needed to clean things up because you cannot simply add layers over layers (and still i think they're just going too deep with that), but again that's possible because they started huge and wide. D3 pidgeonholed itself into sets and the only way to spice things up character wise is to add countless sets, at least 1 for each class every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    i need to figure out something to play other than my typical scourge arrow ignite bow elementalist. I've mained it for 5 seasons now because it's the only the functional build that i also find fun enough to actually play instead of just getting bored around t5 or sooner. Trying new builds feels really taxing and if i go through the full leveling process of 2 characters and don't love either of them then i'm usually just done playing for the season.

any suggestions?

although i'll have to check out that elementalist rework to see how it impacted the build
    Blade fall blade blast assassin, can transition into multiple other builds if you find that boring.
    Int stacker kinetic bolt/blast.
    CoC ice nova/frostbolt assasin.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    What? No dude. You don't plan your character thru leveling unless you play HC. Go full glass canon.

Stats becomes irrelevant once you hit like 85 level, they are mostly undesirable on gear unless you play like INT/STR stacker builds.
    Also you get access to crafting bench that gives you option to craft resists on gear.
    Now you will also have harvest crafting so I suppose you could say that resists became irrelevant.
    I just have to get in habit of farming currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Allegresse View Post
    I just have to get in habit of farming currencies.
    That's not bad, having currency is good and lets you stockpile it for when you hit mapping so you can try to craft some decent gear. And if you're in trade-league, currency (at least chaos) to buy gear you need through the trade site.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Everything good got hellnerfed.
    Well my favourite ascendancies got buffed, sometimes feels good to play off-meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Well champion defence was nerfed so it’s gonna be hard for me to play shield throw with them.

Now the question is rather I try rage beserker shield throw or play something that won’t suck,
    I heard it's nice with Gladiator bleed explosions and general bleed focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: patch notes out when?
    Tonight, supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    i need to figure out something to play other than my typical scourge arrow ignite bow elementalist. I've mained it for 5 seasons now because it's the only the functional build that i also find fun enough to actually play instead of just getting bored around t5 or sooner. Trying new builds feels really taxing and if i go through the full leveling process of 2 characters and don't love either of them then i'm usually just done playing for the season.

any suggestions?

You could try burning arrow w/ assailum for the channeled skill feel.

Caster ignite with fireball + flamewall I heard was also ok, mostly played on Trickster, but that got nerfed and Ele got buffed so...

Man...I almost just wanna say fuck it and make another cyclone slayer now that they've added in yet another leech stat giving insane leech overkill. My last one had something stupid like 3.8K HPS leech with a legacy starforge and pretty good gear (but still garbage damage, sadly, impale and no crit) and more HPS feels like overkill, but without going crit again or access to anything like a legacy starforge I'm not sure if's even worth it.

Edit: Hrm...now tinkering around with a Scorching Ray/Divine Ire Inquisitor with Smite for my attack skill, or a mana-stacking Hierophant. DAMNIT, gonna need to spend some time playing around with PoB before Friday >.<
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-01-12 at 06:18 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You could try burning arrow w/ assailum for the channeled skill feel.
    actually never looked into assailum before, that could be very promising ty

Cobra Lash's new +5% damage per remaining chain is a fantastic effect and I'm seriously considering playing it as Assassin.

Other than that, I might play Bane Occultist again. Malediction being unbound from Profane Bloom is a significant buff.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If D3 would have put as much time into seasons as PoE did in leagues I would probably not have played PoE at all for the last few years.
    If blizzard didn't abandon it and made the next xpac they were very clearly initially planning I'd never have touched PoE either.

GGG owes so much to blizzard abandoning the diablo franchise for so long and for nothing else on the ARPG market being competitive. They get away with sooo much shit that no one would put up with if they had a modicum of competition. Yet alone the number of people who never would have touched the game in the first place.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if blizzard doesn't muck up D4.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with D3 is that it simply didn't have a good enough base to build over it through seasons. When you cannot change much baseline, you can only get so far. Meanwhile PoE has a huge platform to start from and expand. In the end, all PoE seasons are:
    - rework of passives/skills and eventual new ones
    - new currency
    - alternate way of crafting stuff
    - new endgame challenges that can live together with all the previous ones.

Yes, sometimes they needed to clean things up because you cannot simply add layers over layers (and still i think they're just going too deep with that), but again that's possible because they started huge and wide. D3 pidgeonholed itself into sets and the only way to spice things up character wise is to add countless sets, at least 1 for each class every season.
    I disagree, the problem with D3 was that they basically abandoned it and stopped releasing any content for years. It really has nothing to do with what was there, but more the lack of anything new.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I heard it's nice with Gladiator bleed explosions and general bleed focus.
    Ya glad is likely the strongest it can be without huge elemental conversion which cost an insane amount.

But for some reason I just can’t get begin bleed builds glad even less so cause I can’t stand the popping sound.

My go to has been champion impale because it has amazing defence and I even managed to clear Sirus with it last league though the damage was god awful like always.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I disagree, the problem with D3 was that they basically abandoned it and stopped releasing any content for years. It really has nothing to do with what was there, but more the lack of anything new.
    Yes and no. The RoS team was clearly wanting to make the game better and expand it, but management cut it short because they thought it wasnt enough (if i have to believe kotaku, the day ros released). They were all moved to WoW that still makes so much money and was in dire need of people. We got Legion from that.

So, we actually could have gotten much more from d3, unfortunately.

Yes and no. The RoS team was clearly wanting to make the game better and expand it, but management cut it short because they thought it wasnt enough (if i have to believe kotaku, the day ros released). They were all moved to WoW that still makes so much money and was in dire need of people. We got Legion from that.

So, we actually could have gotten much more from d3, unfortunately.
    I don't really understand the yes / no part of your post since you basically just agreed with what I said in that they abandoned it.

Also ugh, cause legion was such a horrible expansion for me. Would've much preferred they kept them on D3 and WoW went in a different direction.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

patch notes off the presses

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...ge/1#p23748030

initially glancing through, nothing really makes my scepter of god rise
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    patch notes off the presses

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...ge/1#p23748030

initially glancing through, nothing really makes my scepter of god rise
    Crack lance buff...would it be viable? Does the smite damage buff also effect spells?