Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've cleared up to layer 4 as of today with a friend. We're basically doing a layer a day or so as time allows. It really does seem like it's best to go with at least one other person since there's more opportunity for someone to get OP power combos. I'm expecting us to clear layer 8 some time next week. I just can't sit through more than 1 layer in a given day he he.

Torghast is mostly fine. I really think people who say they're screwed by anima powers just aren't clearing out floors to find them like they should be.

But some things are a little out of whack in Twisting Corridors. In just Layer 6, a lot of casts are just a one shot, and this is after I picked up several defensive powers. The final boss, Synod, hit me for 55k with Interrupting Slam, a 0.75s uninterruptible cast that he uses frequently. The only way to avoid that is CC and kiting, and good luck doing enough damage to get him down doing that before he reaches 10 stacks and becomes immune to CC. I beat him because warlocks have overpowered anima powers (instant pet summons and infinite soul shards to do so), but I don't think that's doable for other classes.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty amazing how much rng is involved in this. I play an unholy dk 198 ilvl, layer 1-6 was easy as I generally got good animas for dps and health. 7 was a huge step up, took me 3 trys and I'm noticing a lot of shitty animas. Chains of ice hitting multiple targets, a couple nights ago my choices from the boss on the first floor were all shit and I ended up getting a 10% damage and healing per floor but lose 5%. That drawback was the least of the other two. After getting all the hp upgrades along the way by level 13 or 14 I had 26k hp and would get 1shot by strong mobs. I finished 7 last night but only just barely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twisting is in theory for people who love Thorgast's roguelike-lite gameplay and want to play it for its own sake.

In reality Twisting is something many of us masochists will smash our head against begrudgingly to earn the solution to the invented problem (the creeper mount that works in The Maw) and never touch it again.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fear View Post
    I continued dmg heavy and hp heavy and steam rolled through to layer 8 doing 633k dps on the 18th floor boss lol
    Did 2m dps as a balance druid to him myself, he died before Convoke finished casting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    people with good RNG. And people with time te spare and want a mount that can be used in the maw. ( last 1 is for me also a reason to do it)

The floor scaling is pretty weird sometimes. have had elite mobs that where easyier to kill als standard mobs a floor before :S.

But as moonkin i can say this: I HATE IT. i keep getting stupid powers. That do not buff eachother. watch friends or wow famous people play it and getting stacking buffs that kill enemy's almost in 2 hits. and rarely makes them lose HP.
    Best thing i have gotten, roots so powerfull ( but not to powerfull) that it can kill a elite creatur in 50 seconds.. and a normal mob in 20...try clearing a floor like that.
    How far have you come with Ve'nari rep? Have you unlocked the thing where you get a higher chance of epic powers in Torghast? Towards the end of each layer I have 90 ish powers or so. It's very, very rare that I don't get all or almost all epic powers for balance. The roots build is awful.
    Hi

did it without breaking a sweat as a tank -- very, very easy

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Did 2m dps as a balance druid to him myself, he died before Convoke finished casting.

- - - Updated - - -

How far have you come with Ve'nari rep? Have you unlocked the thing where you get a higher chance of epic powers in Torghast? Towards the end of each layer I have 90 ish powers or so. It's very, very rare that I don't get all or almost all epic powers for balance. The roots build is awful.
    Yup have not 100% of ve'nari rep. Missed a day or 3 of rep grind. But have that. but still getting root powers, or powers with shitty stuff. Must be my rng

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    I struggled to do layer 1 as Shadow priest. Our defensives are so lacklustre I genuinely don't see how it's possible for us to clear as far as layer 8. Maybe with heroic - mythic gear and instant CD fade that aggros enemies?
    212 shadow priest here. Cleared all layers with major ease, except for a few hiccups on layer 7 where i hadn't gotten the core powers by floor 8-9 and hit a wall.
    10 Sec Fade taunt is a must.
    After that, a LOT of HP powers are needed since EVERYthing scales with hp. If you get into the 3rd section without 150K hp, you're gonna be screwed.
    Shield reflect and shield absorb are win.

On my Layer 8 run, which was my best run ever, i had 500K hp and my shield absorbed 300K and reflected 150%. I did 130K dps on the end boss with 60% being shield relfects.
    Add utility powers like Catharstick 100% crit for 1.5 mill and some other nifty ones like shroud etc. and it becomes even more OP.

Also knowing the tricks helps. Using Ravenous Anima Cell to get extreme OP powers like 10 x Phantasma (or the Phantasma from MC) will make you able to buy every single power from vendors.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup have not 100% of ve'nari rep. Missed a day or 3 of rep grind. But have that. but still getting root powers, or powers with shitty stuff. Must be my rng

The best powers to get early imo is the one that makes dots tick 33% faster, Full Moon every 20th Moonfire tick, and 50% dmg done increase that also slows you. Be lucky and also be able to have both Stellar Drift and Twin Moons, Nature's Balance and Force of Nature and stuff falls over with just that until layer 12+. By this layer you'll probably also have the one that makes stuff take 50% dmg increase if you have 3 dots on them (meaning every time you use convoke, if you're night fae, which can be reduced to 1 min cd) and also a 50%x2 convoke damage power. For trash clearing getting the 50% dmg increase if you have moonfire on 3 targets works very well with the full moon power.

Once I have most of these I go full out defense. I was lucky to get a rare on several floors that boosted my armor by 100%. Pair that with the power that auto casts Starfall when you enter Moonkin form, Barkskin in caster form, Frenzied rejuv in bear and so on and I would just put out dots, starfall, go into bear and couldn't die with 80% physical dmg reduction from armor, 100% uptime on barkskin, etc.

Super fun!
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Its just odd, that they made an instance, that can last between 1-2½ hours and yet, you can fail in the end and get 0 out of it.......

I think the underlying problem with Torghast is highly increased in Twisting Corridors. God it is a feel-bad moment, when you get to the final boss on floor 18 and die your final death... There is a huge emphasises on having HP in Twisiting and if you are unlucky, you might just meet a brick wall of a boss who kills you with no chance of survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    did it without breaking a sweat as a tank -- very, very easy
    And that is also part of the problem.

From what i hear and experience, Twisitng Corridors is either a complete horror show or the easiest content in the game. As a tank, if you get a few important powers, you are immortal, but if you don't get some powers as a DPS, you can sometimes just meet a point, where you have to surrender.

Its totally feast or famine in my opinion, in the worst kind of ways. Its either totally boring or its the most stressful/unfair thing in WoW.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Its just odd, that they made an instance, that can last between 1-2½ hours and yet, you can fail in the end and get 0 out of it.......

I think the underlying problem with Torghast is highly increased in Twisting Corridors. God it is a feel-bad moment, when you get to the final boss on floor 18 and die your final death... There is a huge emphasises on having HP in Twisiting and if you are unlucky, you might just meet a brick wall of a boss who kills you with no chance of survival.

- - - Updated - - -

And that is also part of the problem.

From what i hear and experience, Twisitng Corridors is either a complete horror show or the easiest content in the game. As a tank, if you get a few important powers, you are immortal, but if you don't get some powers as a DPS, you can sometimes just meet a point, where you have to surrender.

Its totally feast or famine in my opinion, in the worst kind of ways. Its either totally boring or its the most stressful/unfair thing in WoW.
    I couldn't agree more. At least it's somewhat easy to know halfway if you should just stop there. If you have half-decent powers, it's worth going, but you're completely shite at that point, it will be hard to redeem it.

There should just be a way to trade in powers and get some new ones. Either just reroll a power for 100 phantasm or be able to trade it for something else with a higher cost. There's so many possible solutions.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

I wouldn't touch Torghast with a 10 feet pole but my son was like "meh, gonna do it then", and he pugged 1-8 in... 3? days? on his DH. I'm guessing from this it is indeed easier in a group. Basically any group? Especially when it's fresh and everyone is noob.
    Wonder how season 2 will look like in tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The best powers to get early imo is the one that makes dots tick 33% faster, Full Moon every 20th Moonfire tick, and 50% dmg done increase that also slows you. Be lucky and also be able to have both Stellar Drift and Twin Moons, Nature's Balance and Force of Nature and stuff falls over with just that until layer 12+. By this layer you'll probably also have the one that makes stuff take 50% dmg increase if you have 3 dots on them (meaning every time you use convoke, if you're night fae, which can be reduced to 1 min cd) and also a 50%x2 convoke damage power. For trash clearing getting the 50% dmg increase if you have moonfire on 3 targets works very well with the full moon power.

Once I have most of these I go full out defense. I was lucky to get a rare on several floors that boosted my armor by 100%. Pair that with the power that auto casts Starfall when you enter Moonkin form, Barkskin in caster form, Frenzied rejuv in bear and so on and I would just put out dots, starfall, go into bear and couldn't die with 80% physical dmg reduction from armor, 100% uptime on barkskin, etc.

Super fun!
    Yup i know.

Did 1 yesterday again. sadly got crap again. think its just my bad rng.
    In MoP i had a bad streak with tier set token. 2,5 months of no tier drops for druids etc in my guild :S. Not even 1 lfr.

Did without many problems as fire mage ilvl 204, was lucky enough at final boss as i was using the power that gives 300% duration on time warp but causes you to die when effect ends, i killed the boss with 4 seconds left
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

i believe its for everyone (with a normal ilvl like 200 which isnt hard to get now) you just need to be careful
    I just finished my layer 8 and i got my BiS power at floor 17 (perma condemn) and i was able to build the 30 stacks to make it free at that floor alone ! you only need to be careful of the spell dmg imo,for example floor 17 the mobs 1 shot me if i allow them to cast their bolt !
    The way i see it,if you arent in hurry and you are careful you can finish it no matter the class or spec! (im arms btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Yeah we are really used to eat content the moment is fresh..

Blizzard could communicate better, as their "hard" nowadays means 6-10 seconds of fear, stun and silences plus insane number scaling.
    If they want it to be completed in ilvl 300, then tell us.
    I did it in 190, I'm sure it can be done lower than that. All the CC is avoidable. Stop complaining it's too hard and actually play the mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

people with good RNG. And people with time te spare and want a mount that can be used in the maw. ( last 1 is for me also a reason to do it)

The floor scaling is pretty weird sometimes. have had elite mobs that where easyier to kill als standard mobs a floor before :S.

But as moonkin i can say this: I HATE IT. i keep getting stupid powers. That do not buff eachother. watch friends or wow famous people play it and getting stacking buffs that kill enemy's almost in 2 hits. and rarely makes them lose HP.
    Best thing i have gotten, roots so powerfull ( but not to powerfull) that it can kill a elite creatur in 50 seconds.. and a normal mob in 20...try clearing a floor like that.
    You've been making very poor choices when picking powers. Druid is one of the most consistently powerful classes because of how many things you can get that make Convoke stronger. Twisting Corridors has basically no relevant RNG when it comes to powers because of how many powers you end up getting, especially if you full clear every floor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - layer 1 is currently impossible for many people AND it isn't currently optional based on in game info.

However - people are saying you can repeat the first 6 floors to finish the mandatory stuff, so the rest can be what tanks do to show off.
    It's impossible based on skill. That's not a problem, that's the point of the system. You can do it in M0 gear, or you can get more gear to compensate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Mage Tower was specific to the class, hence was built to be dealt with your specific toolkit.

As Torghast is generic for every player, it has to be normalized and can be quickly boring with difficulty just being seen through HP pools and massive hits from mobs. Because advanced designs from mobs could lead to be completely unplayable for some classes/specs with the disparity of available tools.
    I mean, it really wasn't. 4-5 specs shared the same one with only minor tuning differences.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-01-12 at 08:31 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Total anal intrusion

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    188? Dude literally, you are in fucking mythic 0 gear and you think you should be able to clear this expansions equivalent of mage tower or challenge mode? Seriously, get to 220 then see about complaining.

Twisting corridors only has cosmetic rewwrds, it is for players in high gear who want a challenge. Thats it.
    Wait, twisted corridors us supposed to be there mage tower of the expansion?
    But it's completely rng based and offers no worthwhile rewards, that's the exact opposite of mage tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Wait, twisted corridors us supposed to be there mage tower of the expansion?
    But it's completely rng based and offers no worthwhile rewards, that's the exact opposite of mage tower.
    It's also much easier than mage tower. It really isn't in the same category.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It's not quite the mage tower of the expansion because of the amount of cheese(for example I got the 15% increased damage per floor at floor 2 of the layer 7 and combined with the torpedo immune I pretty much cruised through every floor and killed the last boss in 7 seconds)

That said the variance is pretty bad, you're pretty much guaranteed to hit your common powers to the max but when it comes to rare and epic powers it's not quite as guaranteed, and some bosses are way harder than others, the outliers being the ones that literally spam casts some classes have no way to deal with

I think they could fix it by giving more options to vendors, like epic powers for 1000 phantasma maybe

Overall I think it does the job, it's a fun sandbox experience that isn't meant to be taken seriously