Poll: Is Shadowlands good?

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Who said I want 10k anima on my alt as soon as he dings? Needing to balance/make a decision between covenant gear upgrades so you can farm more anima easier or being able to build something IS my problem. The fact that you have to make the decision doesn't make it right or carefully designed. I think it is a siht design.
    10k anima for my alt wil take around 4 weeks, give or take. In 4 weeks I will have 60(?) souls. Like I said I dont farm 35-70 anima wqs on main, let alone alts. And I'm not gearing up alts in group content, and they won't be running torghast for anything. They are solely for the purpose of enjoying other covenant features, collect their xmogs pets mount etc.
    You either are trolling, or just playing since Legion. Cause, if you think there is a problem with "grinding" Anima from every corner of the game, you clearly didn't do dailies grind for mounts like Netherwing, or Sha'tari Skyguard, or Mag'har / Kurenai orc kills for the tabulk mounts.

The fact that you can actually buy a mount, without it costing Apexis Cristals pure rep that involved killing 1000-10000mobs, I actually think it is a good thing.

But each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    You either are trolling, or just playing since Legion. Cause, if you think there is a problem with "grinding" Anima from every corner of the game, you clearly didn't do dailies grind for mounts like Netherwing, or Sha'tari Skyguard, or Mag'har / Kurenai orc kills for the tabulk mounts.

The fact that you can actually buy a mount, without it costing Apexis Cristals pure rep that involved killing 1000-10000mobs, I actually think it is a good thing.

But each his own.
    Just what are you on about? How is this an answer to any of my problems with anima?

my problems with anima

You got that right.

Just as I said:

But each his own.

You got that right.
    I think you have serious problems with reading comprehension because nowhere did I say anything about mounts other than just collecting them.

dunno if it's a majority, but that is sad. But if is "majority", then we will see BFA happening again.

Since, blizzard move on the opposite side of BFA, I must belive and assume they learned their lesson and checked their data and actually offered what what majority of people want. And that includes GEAR to actually matter, and that you actually remember "the item's" name. Just like Diablo 3 was at launch vs Diablo 3, 2 yearrs after launch. In diablo 3 launch we had the exact thing we had in BFA, shitloads of gear that you don't remember but just care for stats.

Don't quite get it if you are actually playing this xpac or not, but from the way you talk, I tend to belive you don't play it.
    If you play it, be kind and link us your armory, please.
    No, don't do that. Linked mine on here once and that was a big, BIG mistake.
    Someone got so pissed at something I wrote (I'm guessing), I got spam and abuse ingame for months.

From a casual standpoint such as mine these days, SL is much better than BfA because it gives me an option to play how I like with covenants. BfA just shoved me into jungles and called it a day.

Is it better than WotLK? Of course not.

It's not just gear and/or completely fucking up the reward structure tbh. Anima starvation is huge issue atm. You need 10k and 22k anima and you get 35 and 70 from most wqs. That's borderline offensive tbh. Especially on alts. I have a night fae main and I really fell in love with the abomination stitching on my alt (or at least till rank 2 it's great fun to me), but just to think about how I'm gonna get 10k anima and then 22k? Pfff. There are days when I only get 200-300, of course there are days when we have 250 anima wqs up and a couple 105-140 ones. I'm simply skipping the 70-35 ones out of some self respect, especially when the same wq sometimes gives 105 anima then 70. WTF?
    Something really needs to happen with anima supply or people are going to run out of every and any activities in the game as everything costs and requires anima. Chosing between: do I upgrade my covenant gear (so I make my own life easier while I farm more anima) OR buy petsmountsxmogs (for some actual reward feeling) OR expand my sanctum buildings (so I can have more fun) is not very nice.
    Have you tried the weekly dungeon quests or the pvp quests? They give you some anima too.

Better than BFA but weaker than others.

From worst to best:
    BFA -> Shadowlands -> Legion -> WoD -> Cataclysm -> MoP -> TBC=WOTLK

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    I wonder who thought at the HQ that Torghast will be fun/a good idea for a whole expansion as the only source for big Ash amount.
    the reason why ash is only there is exacly because they have 0 faith in thorgast as content

they know that without ash majority could just ignore thorgast - and they didnt want to risk it.

thats why there will be never any other good source of ash untill SL is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    From a casual standpoint such as mine these days, SL is much better than BfA because it gives me an option to play how I like with covenants. BfA just shoved me into jungles and called it a day.

Is it better than WotLK? Of course not.
    why isnt it better than WoTLK? lol give actual reasons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Better than BFA but weaker than others.

From worst to best:
    BFA -> Shadowlands -> Legion -> WoD -> Cataclysm -> MoP -> TBC=WOTLK
    your ranking is terrible lol Legion(besides the very begining) is on par with WoTLK, BC is no way on top with WoTLK lol and WoD?! wow lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    After just 3 days of playing SL, I'm already burned out and back to Classic. Sthygia, anima, renown, soulbind, conduit, covenant, callings, the Maw, phantasma, Torgast, legendaries crafting, etc...It is just too many systems and endless grind, I really felt overwhelmed. Yes, the leveling experience was very good (although extremely fast) but the endgame is too grindy and confusing. I have not even experienced any dungeon, the raid or any pvp and I already feel done for Retail.
    not really....almost everything you mentioned is optional. you dont really need to do the maw unless you want sockets, you only need to do enough torghast to get your legendary and ive you dont care about leveling it to 235 then dont worry about it. callings you can mostly ignore. renown is required but easy etc etc......sounds more like you didnt read if anything

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    your ranking is terrible lol Legion(besides the very begining) is on par with WoTLK, BC is no way on top with WoTLK lol and WoD?! wow lol
    Ever heard of personal opinion? Legion was anything but good for me. My ranking is not bad just because you disagree with it lol

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's alright while also being a hot mess in many aspects. Worthy a month or two of gametime, then return in a year or for X.2 to experience it as they intended it.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I have secret for you - if you like WoW, you will have fun no matter if it's WoD, Legion, BfA or SL. If you hate it/are burned out - you won't have fun and blame for it weakest point of current expansion. Sure, reward system vary from expac to expac, but core gameplay and content is always more or less the same.
    I completely disagree. I did not like WoD felt boring and stale and not much to do. I played but barely.

Legion comes along and to me it's the best modern expansion in years, I played it almost every night for 2 years. I loved the Class Halls, and artifact weapons appearances to hunt for. And the great designer tier gear.

Then BfA comes it was so so I played it but not as much. Not because I was burned out of WoW no because it was a mediocre expansion.

Now Shadowlands is here I was very excited for it's release but now I'm thinking it's just ok, has way too many systems and layered stuff. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed in SL

For me it's simple, if Blizzard creates a great expansion I'll play it a ton, like Legion, and if they make an average expansion I won't play too much.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-01-12 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    For me it's simple, if Blizzard creates a great expansion I'll play it a ton, like Legion, and if they make an average expansion I won't play too much.

I feel you, and we got some stuff in common, like:
    Legion was great (even with AP farming, it was new, and the artifact weapons were nice and I didn't felt so left behind);
    BFA was sub mediocre (the grinding was real, AP farming was out of proportions probably because the azerite gear was launched broken, the corruption farming, the pve farming for pvp-started in legion).

But, for Shadowlands, it's simplicity is what made me have /played 16 days since dinging 60 on 29.11.2020. That means 16 days out of 45, 8-9h/day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I completely disagree. I did not like WoD felt boring and stale and not much to do. I played but barely.

Legion comes along and to me it's the best modern expansion in years, I played it almost every night for 2 years. I loved the Class Halls, and artifact weapons appearances to hunt for. And the great designer tier gear.

Then BfA comes it was so so I played it but not as much. Not because I was burned out of WoW no because it was a mediocre expansion.

Now Shadowlands is here I was very excited for it's release but now I'm thinking it's just ok, has way too many systems and layered stuff. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed in SL

thats the thing though....theres really not many mandatory systems at all lol theres soul ash....and once you make your 235 legendary you really dont need to do it again unless you need 2 of them this tier and then theres renown....the rest isnt really mandatory at all

Yes, I believe this is a good expansion so far, but not at the great level yet.
    I no longer raid, besides LFR and Normal, so this is a view point from a casual.

-For the first xpac in a while, I have started leveling alts to max level. This is not because my main is boring, but because they encourage alts. I want the experience in each covenant.
    -No stupid farming for AP or anything. Anima is fairly easy to get, but doesn't directly attribute to character power unless you get behind.
    -Dungeons are original, and the raid bosses are cool.
    -Flying is coming soon in next content patch, so that is a huge step from other xpacs.

The main let down of this xpac for me, are things I understand are not a focus. Lack of battle pet content and solo content (since I have no friends).
    If they would make strides in those 2 categories, I would likely label this as a great xpac.

its amazing how after 2 months or so, people haven't realized that renown catchup is actually slower than AP in both legion and bfa

Also, gear plateaus very quickly after 200 il.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    its amazing how after 2 months or so, people haven't realized that renown catchup is actually slower than AP in both legion and bfa

Not if you leveled with Thread of Fate. I was renown 7 before I even dinged 60. After 2 more days, I was already 15.
    I literally took a character from 50-60 and got 15 renown with maybe 24 hours played? (and that is generous)

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post

I've been stuck on renown 19 on my newest alt (that I leveled with Threads of Fate), no activity gives me +renown. Turns out if you do your weekly 1k anima and maw soul freeing first, the game thinks you are at max renown for that week so stops offering renown for everything else (world boss, callings etc) till reset.
    I don't think it's slower unless you mean something else.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-12 at 03:28 PM.

So my main is level 60, and as of this weekend Renown 20, and on chapter 8 of the campaign. But I totally forgot about the legendary stuff LO, I did buy the cool looking Plate helm + shoulders, but then found out they can't both be equipped, only one, and they can't be transmogged. I have to gather more Ash or something from that Torhgast dungeon or something? And then bring it up to that big skeleton dragon creature? ok ...

My iLvl is only i165. Do I need to start running Heroic dungeons and then M+ to gear up? Which I'm happy to do, and like to run dungeons.

And the new city Oribos is rather large and too big to get around, much prefer a smaller Faction shared city like Dalaran.

I'm just a bit confused on what to do now, or where to go really? I guess continue with my campaign, and then what?

I don't dislike Shadowlands or anything, it just seems a bit bland to me, and sort of hard to follow on specifically what I'm supposed to be doing