10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

Honestly there's enough shit that Trump has actually done without going down these kind of rabbit holes.
    Like what? Spending 5 years fueling the shit we see now? I’m sorry... TDS... that’s what it was called...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's check out the early morning news. What's Trump tweeting about?

(checks feed)

Oh. Right.

Um, anyhow, it's not been a good morning for Trump.

1) One of the executions he was trying to force on his way out the door is stalled. The first woman to be executed in 70 years, to be precise, had her execution delayed due to questions of her mental health.

Which brings us to

2) HHS Azar went on ABC News and was asked if he'd discussed the 25th.

He refused to answer

3) Trump officially missed the census deadline, which in turn will allow Biden to undo any changes Trump made before the figures are official.

Side note: Trump still strikes me as the party-all-day college student who suddenly realizes finals are next week. He's been trying to do a lot in these last few days, at least, compared to his usual strategy of (a) golfing and (b) tweting DO SOMETHING! That one's for you @Edge-

4) The Capitol Police told House Democrats (because I don't think House Republicans care) about more rabid fanbase rallies, or as they must now be known, "pre-insurrection riots", coming to DC.

"Those of us who haven't been fired or resigned actually want to do our job," they didn't say under oath but the thought was implied. "We'd like to keep the number of attempts to overthrow democracy on our watch down to at most once per fortnight."

"Why is that bad news for Trump?"

Because at this point, the damage to his reputation isn't necessarily done. One history-making murderous insurrection is bad enough to make the textbooks, true. But two, three, or five? All in the same month, all led by the same person? During an active impeachment? Trump could say "Don't commit violence" but that would cost him followers at this point. It's a pretty solid parallel to the "Republicans picked up the gun nuts and the religious right" issue we've discussed before.

5) Related: all 50 state capitals have received threats. All of them. Including DC that's 51. All pro-Trump.

6) The free market is speaking, and former Trump/GOP donating companies have stopped. Major names like Blue Cross and Mastercard have publicly announced they will not donate to Stop the Steal candidates.

7) And despite Trump's intentional efforts otherwise, the US saw a dramatic drop in greenhouse gasses.

Because COVID, just so we're clear. Trump did nothing but weaken regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If he is an egomaniac, why would he surround him self with contrarians?
    Are you suggesting that the Secret Service, heads of Government departments, security agencies, etc would all allow this to happen. Seriously?

There will be people who work(ed) with Trump who will without question or second thought put their lives on the line to protect him if need be. And they do this not because they agree with him or his politics or even like him but because they swore an oath to protect the US President. I have tough time believing that these kind of men and women - who have devoted their lives to the US - are the type of people who would sit back and let Putin call the shots.

But if you want to believe that Trump somehow got rid of all the good people then who am I to stop you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you suggesting that the Secret Service, heads of Government departments, security agencies, etc would all allow this to happen. Seriously?
    That depends what you mean by... this... what happened last week? Uhm...

There will be people who work(ed) with Trump who will without question or second thought put their lives on the line to protect him if need be. And they do this not because they agree with him or his politics or even like him but because they swore an oath to protect the US President. I have tough time believing that these kind of men and women - who have devoted their lives to the US - are the type of people who would sit back and let Putin call the shots.
    How do they know what he talks to Putin about? Trump has made all of his conversations with Putin top secrete and he didn’t even get impeached, when a whistle blower exposed on of his calls with Ukraine.

What we do know, is that Trump got billions from Russia, to build a Trump city, with a Russian oligarch. The plan was stopped, because Trump is president, but relationships don’t end like that... Did any of Trump handlers stop Trump from demanding Russia be returned to G7, instead of pushing US interest?

But if you want to believe that Trump somehow got rid of all the good people then who am I to stop you.
    He drained the swamp... wtf?

Edit: Did any of Trump handlers succeed in stopping him from insisting a riot, after Guiliani demanded trial by combat?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

He might be susceptible but the people around him - The White House staff, the various agency and services, etc? Are all them too stupid to notice any attempts at manipulation? I have a hard time believing that no-one would spot Trump doing Putin's bidding.
    I am reminded of the 1 on 1 talk between Putin and Trump at one of his first G8's or something similar where there was no in the room expect for Trump and his translator and I believe to this day, no one knows what they talked about.

Just to be clear I don't think Trump is a Putin mole, but he is most certainly a useful idiot that Russia has used to increase the rift within the US. Trump actually winning 2016 was simply a massive bonus. And the rift having grown large enough that there was an (unsuccessful) coup attempt is the crowning cherry on top.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    jesus we still doing this putin stuff. Trump is an all american retard, born and bred. His sickness isnt from an outside malign influence, its all american.
    All of this is true, and yet he is still undeniably a patsy of Putin. Just for the latest example, while his own country was experiencing a complete breakdown of law and order, he was busy trying to convince the G7 to readmit Russia. A policy which only he out of his entire party seems to care about. But he's been pushing it consistently his entire presidency, as if he needed any more bad press about kowtowing Russia.

Hard to tell if Putin has his balls in a vice, undoubtedly he owes Russia money of course, there's almost certainly kompromat (the man is walking kompromat). But his overstewed pudding brain is so easily manipulated that Putin doesn't even need any of that, he can simply compliment the man and he'd be wrapped around his little finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That depends what you mean by... this... what happened last week? Uhm...

How do they know what he talks to Putin about? Trump has made all of his conversations with Putin top secrete and he didn’t even get impeached, when a whistle blower exposed on of his calls with Ukraine.

What we do know, is that Trump got billions from Russia, to build a Trump city, with a Russian oligarch. The plan was stopped, because Trump is president, but relationships don’t end like that... Did any of Trump handlers stop Trump from demanding Russia be returned to G7, instead of pushing US interest?

He drained the swamp... wtf?

Edit: Did any of Trump handlers succeed in stopping him from insisting a riot, after Guiliani demanded trial by combat?
    Look I don't really care and I'm not going to waste time getting into this.

The last I will say on the matter is that this is all Trump... it's all Trump's doings... he hasn't been told to act this way by Putin (although I am sure Putin is a very happy chappy with everything going on). Don't let Trump off the hook by allowing the blame to fall at the feet of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I am reminded of the 1 on 1 talk between Putin and Trump at one of his first G8's or something similar where there was no in the room expect for Trump and his translator and I believe to this day, no one knows what they talked about.

Just to be clear I don't think Trump is a Putin mole, but he is most certainly a useful idiot that Russia has used to increase the rift within the US. Trump actually winning 2016 was simply a massive bonus. And the rift having grown large enough that there was an (unsuccessful) coup attempt is the crowning cherry on top.
    He isn’t a mole... it’s a relationship of convenience... Trump still wants those Russian billions, that he had lined up before election. He isn’t a Manchurian candidate, just a plutocrat.

Edit: Yes, 2 billion... with a b... it was Trump and a Russian pop star, with ties to oligarchs. This isn’t money Trump is just going to forget about...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-12 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    All of this is true, and yet he is still undeniably a patsy of Putin. Just for the latest example, while his own country was experiencing a complete breakdown of law and order, he was busy trying to convince the G7 to readmit Russia. A policy which only he out of his entire party seems to care about. But he's been pushing it consistently his entire presidency, as if he needed any more bad press about kowtowing Russia.

Hard to tell if Putin has his balls in a vice, undoubtedly he owes Russia money of course, there's almost certainly kompromat (the man is walking kompromat). But his overstewed pudding brain is so easily manipulated that Putin doesn't even need any of that, he can simply compliment the man and he'd be wrapped around his little finger.
    I mean, even Kim Jong Un managed to play Trump like a fiddle for the entire world to see.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    So...it turns out Trump actually does business with NYC. Not in, with. They hired Trump to run a couple of ice rinks and a golf course, and in return, Trump gets to sell consessions.

That may be coming to an end. In light of Trump's recent insurr--

"Hold on a minute. Trump doesn't run that business, he put it into a blind trust!"

Run by his children?

"Yes!"

Who have done what with the murderous insurrection, exactly?

"...oh."

The attacks on our Capitol killed a police officer, left four rioters dead, exposed lawmakers to COVID-19 and threatened the constitutional transfer of power. They were a national abomination.

We’re reviewing whether legal grounds exist in light of these new circumstances to terminate concessions with the Trump Organization
    -- mayor of NYC

- - - Updated - - -

Deutsche Bank rules out future business with Trump.

"Because of the murderous insurrection?"

I mean, do they need a reason? He owes them hundreds of millions and never pays his bills. Not a lot of successful businesses will take that offer.

How would the $300 million loan with Deutsche Bank be settled with them cutting ties?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a huge difference between Russian involvement and the President of the United States doing what he is told by Putin which was the claim. You can certainly call into question the characters of Trump, his family and close associates but I think you do a massive disservice to those who have committed to serving the United States by indulging such claims.

In short, I believe there are enough good men and women in the US services to protect it from this happening.

Honestly there's enough shit that Trump has actually done without going down these kind of rabbit holes.
    It has less to do with what most people are tolerant of happening and with what trump could do and get away with because others prioritized their own political power over holding trump accountable.

And, like I said, the mueller report and whistleblowers pretty squarely outlines collusion in no uncertain terms. The processes to remove a president for colluding with unfriendly nations exists but the GOP failed to act because they, too, are spineless. Them removing or even verbally admonishing trump would have been antithetical to their own political goals because it would have called their party into question.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Reporter: "What is your role in what happened at the Capitol? What is your personal responsibility?"

Trump: "If you read my speech ... People thought that what I said was totally appropriate."

Another perfect speech. Also no responsibility, yet sorta admitting that if people took the speech literally, then it was fine to incite insurrection.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    How would the $300 million loan with Deutsche Bank be settled with them cutting ties?
    They only ruled out further business; not him repaying existing debt.

As for the current loan - they might write it off, as is the usual case for bankrupt businesspersons.
    Or they sell it to someone else - for less than face value.

Previously they also discussed extending the terms of the loan - but that now seems off the table.

It's not, they still expect to be paid back. That's just them saying the well hath run dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Reporter: "What is your role in what happened at the Capitol? What is your personal responsibility?"

Trump: "If you read my speech ... People thought that what I said was totally appropriate."

Another perfect speech. Also no responsibility, yet sorta admitting that if people took the speech literally, then it was fine to incite insurrection.
    I can’t wait until we don’t have to hear this jagoff speak in an official capacity ever again.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Trump, or his businesses, are still liable to repay the debt, Deutsche Bank have refused to do further business with him so when the loan is due to be repaid he will not be able to refinance with Deutsche Bank and will have to repay it.

ideally they sell it to someone who is highly litigious and motivated to make him pay it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It has less to do with what most people are tolerant of happening and with what trump could do and get away with because others prioritized their own political power over holding trump accountable.

And, like I said, the mueller report and whistleblowers pretty squarely outlines collusion in no uncertain terms. The processes to remove a president for colluding with unfriendly nations exists but the GOP failed to act because they, too, are spineless. Them removing or even verbally admonishing trump would have been antithetical to their own political goals because it would have called their party into question.
    What could Trump get away with? What could he seriously do that does not require, at the very least, scrutiny from other governmental institutions or departments?

Without doubt Russia wanted Trump to be elected because they knew his America First agenda would align with their global ambitions and that he would be a very poor president, although I would imagine that the chaos he has dumped on America in the last few weeks is beyond their wildest dreams, but this is a far cry from the claim that he was doing Putin's bidding.

Ultimately for the claims that he was Putin's puppet to be true you would need a staggering amount of incompetence and/or corruption throughout the whole US government and thoroughly useless press not to uncover any of it.

Focus on what he has done wrong - there's enough of it!

Just because you cut ties, doesn't absolve the debt. A service company cutting off your service (phone, electric, water, etc...) because you haven't paid your bill doesn't mean you don't owe them the money anymore.