Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't this the point of a guild? If no one wants you in a pug...don't pug. Join a guild with a focus on M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't this the point of a guild? If no one wants you in a pug...don't pug. Join a guild with a focus on M+.

Relying on a guild to do content doesn't solve the issue and only gives them a side option. Also does not mean he will be able to get groups simply by joining a guild.

It's because the M+ community is full of metaslaves. Warlocks aren't on the top of raiderio so they must be trash. The only way you can time a +15 is with a DH tank, Shaman/Druid healer, Hunter/Druid/Rogue dps. Everyone knows this.

/s if it wasn't obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Relying on a guild to do content doesn't solve the issue and only gives them a side option. Also does not mean he will be able to get groups simply by joining a guild.
    Shouldn't Pugging be the side option? Guilds are the primary source of regular group content, and if OP does as much M+ as they say they do, having a guild that reliably runs this content should be their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    You were making points? If Warlocks were USLESS as you claim they wouldn't have completed 21s this week. Wait, they did that. Strange. It appears you're the one who can't handle basic statistical analysis because how can a class be worthless if they're completed a SINGLE key less than the absolute best classes in the game? You're truly one in a million when it comes to how absolutely obtuse you are. I feel bad for anybody that had the misfortune of playing with you when you actually subbed to this game.
    You clearly don't understand statistics LMAO and it is hilarious.

It isn't about what they "can" do, its about what is better for a group to do. I understand you are emotionally involved in this for whatever reason and you refuse to see the facts in front of you.

The facts are, there are better classes to take because warlocks don't bring anything of value. That is a fact and it is supported by the community logs on performance and other metrics.

You should take a step back and stop being so angry at facts.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    You clearly don't understand statistics LMAO and it is hilarious.

It isn't about what they "can" do, its about what is better for a group to do. I understand you are emotionally involved in this for whatever reason and you refuse to see the facts in front of you.

The facts are, there are better classes to take because warlocks don't bring anything of value. That is a fact and it is supported by the community logs on performance and other metrics.

You should take a step back and stop being so angry at facts.
    This guy is an example of your average m+ player, cant think for himself just repeating whatever someone told him or he saw on that one video. He most likely invites hunters/mages/bookmins only and still strugles to get past 600io.

Meanwhile, Affli locks are very strong in higher keys.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    This guy is an example of your average m+ player, cant think for himself just repeating whatever someone told him or he saw on that one video. He most likely invites hunters/mages/bookmins only and still strugles to get past 600io.

He probably doesn't even play. This week on my Pug group on Heroic Sire a dude said our phase 3 tactic was "IMPOSSIBLE" because he wacthed scripes stream and he said a different tactic. Not making this up. Then he proceed to tell us after we explained we killed like this last week, that he said that he did a viewer raid with them and they killed in a different way, so our tactic is near impossible. 1 pull later we killed with only him dying. Basically he admitted he got boosted for his curve and a moron by not undertsanding that we killed with our method with one sentence. A lot of people love to scoop the shit what top players tell them, not realizing they give the easiest way for them or what is the absolute best way to do it.

If not the best=thrash logic will ruin this game and sad part is most of the people who are making this guides are warning people that the other classes/methods are not thrash/non-viable, it just this method for them is better. But most of the people are sheep.
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-01-12 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    More proof this system is flawed: The answer should never be "pick a different class". That alone shows huge flaws and the wrong idea both with the system and the community for perpetuating it.
    Why not 5dps or 5 tank the m+? I mean its been done right? Why not do it all the time?

Oh because it makes sense to bring the proper combination of classes.

- - - Updated - - -

No they aren't.

I find it hilarious. You attack for using facts and statistical evidence to support the claim that I have said. Then use the same evidence as an insult.
    Either RaiderIO counts, or it doesn't? Make up your mind.
    You keep throwing out logical fallacies and its kind of sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    He probably doesn't even play. This week on my Pug group on Heroic Sire a dude said our phase 3 tactic was "IMPOSSIBLE" because he wacthed scripes stream and he said a different tactic. Not making this up. Then he proceed to tell us after we explained we killed like this last week, that he said that he did a viewer raid with them and they killed in a different way, so our tactic is near impossible. 1 pull later we killed with only him dying. Basically he admitted he got boosted for his curve and a moron by not undertsanding that we killed with our method with one sentence. A lot of people love to scoop the shit what top players tell them, not realizing they give the easiest way for them or what is the absolute best way to do it.

If not the best=thrash logic will ruin this game and sad part is most of the people who are making this guides are warning people that the other classes/methods are not thrash/non-viable, it just this method for them is better. But most of the people are sheep.
    Discussing different strategies on out geared content and comparing it to the abilities of a class that can't be changed is not logical.
    You are comparing apples to oranges there.
    I haven't said if not the best=trash. I'm explaining that OP doesn't get invites to groups because WHY WOULD PEOPLE DO THINGS HARDER THAN NECESSARY?!?!
    Just because you CAN do something one way, doesn't mean it is the most efficient way of doing it.
    You can walk to work every day, its possible, but should you? Maybe not? Stop just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post

You can tell he doesn't have much experience in general if he believes there's only one way to kill it or something.

When I was still actively raiding mythic I never knew the heroic / normal mode strats that pugs used but I always knew they weren't using our strats.

Hell even now I pugged a normal for the first time this xpac last week and they did everything different than my F&F group that had been running normal on the weekend.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I find it hilarious. You attack for using facts and statistical evidence to support the claim that I have said. Then use the same evidence as an insult.
    Either RaiderIO counts, or it doesn't? Make up your mind.
    You keep throwing out logical fallacies and its kind of sad.
    U didn't use any facts or statistics. U just spit out random words u clearly dont understand. If u would have even the slightness understanding of the game, you would know Affli requires a lot of gear before they start outperforming other classes, and only recently locks started getting that level of gear, to the point where lock is currently 4th the best ranged spec for m+, and they climb ranks fast.

Moreover, OP was talking about pugs. Where affli is much better than mages. Mage to work requires tank that clearly communicates all pulls, and make pulls around mage's cds, which almost never happen in pugs. Affli doesn't have that issue, while providing much better utility for random groups.

Affli requires a lot of gear before they start outperforming other classes

Thanks for proving my point.

Also it isn't about strict dps, its about utility.

Thanks for proving my point.

Also it isn't about strict dps, its about utility.
    What point. That locks were not so great 2-3 weeks ago? stop living in the past
    Last edited by HCLM; 2021-01-13 at 07:07 AM.

This is why I switched to Sea of Thieves as my main game.

Sadly Blizzard wont try to balance the game, they only give classes turns to be good. They obviously think that this keeps players interested about the game since it causes the meta to shift. This also directly effects who gets invited to groups, along with what the general consensus about the specs is. fe. what classes and setups popular streamers and the best players use.

What the fuck is the problem with giving every class some utility like interrupt? what possible damage can it have to the balance?

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Try be a decent geared SP, i cant even get 5+ accepts... -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    High single target and cleave damage, they have an interrupt and a purge with felhound, and they have an AoE stun.
    not mentioning gateways (not sure you can skip anything with it atm) and health stones

@op well strange situation although your subscription is running out or something?
    just chill out ad finish it in next reset
    problem is that there are more desired classes out there like mage or hunter who have also BL and are more mobile so have also easier to avoid shit that hit like a truck atm, boomkin have some supreme burst and strong utility, so yea in the end warlock don`t bring that much into the table.
    Hard to say anything more than that, in last expansion had similar problem as shaman, only way i could do all 15+ was been going for ~half as resto ;P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnowItAll View Post
    Sadly Blizzard wont try to balance the game, they only give classes turns to be good. They obviously think that this keeps players interested about the game since it causes the meta to shift. This also directly effects who gets invited to groups, along with what the general consensus about the specs is. fe. what classes and setups popular streamers and the best players use.
    Meta is cancerous bullshit that infests and corrupts everything it gets into. People never learn this and try to minimize its effect, instead most of the time the jump in with both feet and make it even more important than it should be.

What point. That locks were not so great 2-3 weeks ago? stop living in the past
    What utility have they gained in the past 2-3 weeks?

- - - Updated - - -

Meta is cancerous bullshit that infests and corrupts everything it gets into. People never learn this and try to minimize its effect, instead most of the time the jump in with both feet and make it even more important than it should be.
    You seem like the type of person who does something the hard way, just to do it and tell people you did it the hard way while they are done and did it the easy way.

take this week, i personally wouldn't take a caster due to explosives, they are just to slow on them

- - - Updated - - -

i will take literally anything to a m+ in general except a lock and a warr and thats when im pugging keys due to utility as well as dps