10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    “The City of Alamo’s City Commission and City Administration has NOT been officially contacted"
    Surely they must have seen Trump's tweet?

Oh. Right.

I've lost count of how many times Trump makes a bigly announcement and the other side of the supposed deal says "What? News to us."

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Surely they must have seen Trump's tweet?

Oh. Right.

I've lost count of how many times Trump makes a bigly announcement and the other side of the supposed deal says "What? News to us."
    Blizzard: Don't you have phones?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't, so he sure as hell probably doesn't.
    IIRC, it's in San Antonio. But yeah, he sure as hell wouldn't know that, even if he's been there before, he probably forgot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't, so he sure as hell probably doesn't.
    "The Alamo" is in San Antonio. Alamo, TX is on the border, where the three miles of Wall are. Well, the ones that didn't fall over.

"The Alamo" is in San Antonio. Alamo, TX is on the border, where the three miles of Wall are. Well, the ones that didn't fall over.
    Is he going to bring his Sharpie(tm) and color over Kirstjen Hielsen's name? Or did they sign their names at a different section of the wall, I can't remember and don't care much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a number for @Benggaul sadly. Three.

Three lawmakers tested positive after murderious insurrectionists, directed by Trump, forced maskless Republicans, guided by ignorance, into a safe room with other lawmakers, guided by the Secret Service.

When we've said things like "Republicans are a plague" I didn't mean it literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Is he going to bring his Sharpie
    We might be at the point where they withhold sharp objects and shoelaces.

Got a number for @Benggaul sadly. Three.

Three lawmakers tested positive after murderious insurrectionists, directed by Trump, forced maskless Republicans, guided by ignorance, into a safe room with other lawmakers, guided by the Secret Service.

When we've said things like "Republicans are a plague" I didn't mean it literally.
    I'm 100% in favor of removing every Republican that refused to wear a mask or flouted the rules on Wednesday. Refuse to seat them or remove them from their positions.

The fuckin death cult needs to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Do you think Trump knows the city of Alamo is not where the famous fort is located?
    If Giuliani is in charge of booking the venue, I think we know where to find Trump...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Manatee harassment under investigation after the word 'Trump' was found scratched on an animal's back

WTH??

A reward is on offer for information that helps authorities find and prosecute whoever wrote "Trump" on a manatee's back.

The manatee was discovered Sunday in Florida's Homosassa River with the President's name in capital letters on its back, according to a news release from the Center for Biological Diversity.

Ah! Florida Man. Why am I not suprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    House GOP Minority Leader says Trump "takes partial responsibility".

"Oh, did Trump say something in public?"

No.

"Through spokesperson, like McEnemy?"

No.

"Did he confirm the Minority Leader's account?"

No.

"Was it recorded?"

If so, McCarthy didn't release the tape. It might have something to do with Trump blaming Antifa for the riots.

"Did he tweet?"

You're just dragging this out now.

"Was this before or after he defended what he said as appropriate?"

Before, therefore, the "admission" is negated.

"So basically, McCarthy is hoping someone believes him when there is no evidence. Gosh. Haven't sung that chorus a hundred times."

Indeed. McCarthy can't stop the im...didn't stop the impeachment vote. He's probably looking to keep the corporate GOP sponsors from fleeing in droves. Of course, "Trump told me he behind closed doors he's sorry" is about as much an apology as "I'm sorry I asked @Green Jesus; to comment on Trump's words and actionswhen I knew he never would". Ain't nobody believin' either of those.

"Trump told me he's sorry behind closed doors" does not match with what Trump has said in the open. If Trump wants to admit even partial blame, there's plenty of cameras, microphones, and FOX News. He's welcome anytime.

But McCarthy said some other shit, too.

In a letter sent to House Republicans and obtained by CBS News, McCarthy wrote that he remains opposed to impeachment, writing it would "have the opposite effect of bringing our country together when we need to get America back on a path towards unity and civility."

He said members across the conference had recommended other avenues to address the riots in the Capitol on Wednesday, including creating a bipartisan commission to study the attack, reforming the Electoral Count Act of 1887 and crafting legislation to "promote voter confidence in future federal elections."

The other option McCarthy mentioned was a resolution of censure, though he did not say who would be censured. The letter did not mention Mr. Trump by name.
    Being opposed to impeachment because you want to bring people together is like sending the NYJets to the Super Bowl because New Jersey still cheers for them. People aren't forgiven for crimes because it might make their family sad. It's a defense as flacid as IMPOTUS.

However, if he really wants to bring people together and restore faith in the election system, I recommend calling out by name and censuring literally everyone in DC who said the election was rigged, illegal, fake or stolen. Until you say "the election was honest, those who say otherwise have no evidence and are therefore making things worse" this too sounds disingenuous. And that's just a censure, not impeachment or refusal to seat. I don't think I'm asking too much.

Of course, McCarthy can't officially call for such. I guess that'll be Pelosi's time. Hey Pelosi, how do you feel about --

Man arrested after texting a threat to "put a bullet" in Pelosi

"Yeah but he didn--"

He also sent a text message saying he was heading to the Capital to run Pelosi over with his truck.

"Did he make it that far?"

Um...the truck actually broke down on the way.

"Well then it's just a threat, not like he entered the building with a machine gun or--"

Member of murderous insurrection who had assault rifle charged with threatening Pelosi.

"I give up."

Yeah, I get the impression Pelosi's ready to take action. Again, I think a censure isn't asking too much. But let's see what y'all think!

@Green Jesus;
    @Hammerfest
    @YUPPIE
    @Zeth Hawkins
    @Pro-Violence
    @Thwart
    and anyone else I forgot to mention, what do you think about censuring those who called the election illegal, stolen or fake, who provided no evidence, who attacked democracy and who at least in part led to this murderous insurrection? As the new normal, take your time answering. We all know what silence means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It’s a water front community, as people posted, that’s Trump country... his economy anxious working class.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    IIRC, it's in San Antonio. But yeah, he sure as hell wouldn't know that, even if he's been there before, he probably forgot.
    It is in San Antonio. In fact, it is like smack in the middle of San Antonio, surrounded by a very busy city. Modern cities are a lot larger then they used to be, so a lot of things that you think of as being significantly outside of a city are now in the middle. Andrew Jackson's Manor, The Hermitage is another amusing example, as it was originally a country estate, but it is now like smack in the middle of Nashville, TN. Nashville existed then too, but it was a hell of a lot smaller, and like a days ride away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Fortunately for the manatee, it looks like the letters are formed from scraping some of the algae off the animals back, not actually carved into its flesh. It is illegal anyway, as it is harassing the animal at best, and downright cruel depending on how they did it. Fortunately it isn't scarred or anything, it will be fine.

Totally down with throwing the psychopath that thought this was funny in jail for a long time though. I just don't see how that sort of sick bastard is any sort of value to society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    it looks like the letters are formed from scraping some of the algae off the animals back, not actually carved into its flesh.
    Honestly that shows a level of scientific detail Trump supporters are not reputed for having. Also glad to hear the poor innocent animal was merely psychologically terrorized, not also physically tortured.

- - - Updated - - -

Top aide to Ted Cruz sprints for the exit.

I might have missed this somewhere along the line, and if so I apologize if it's already been brought up:

ONLY ONE PERSON SHOWED UP TO THE PRO-TRUMP PROTEST OUTSIDE TWITTER’S SAN FRANCISCO HQ

https://www.nbc26.com/news/national/...el-before-game

Apparently the basketball team for the University of Kentucky took a knee during the National Anthem to deliver some kind of message about the current political climate.

The Trump supporting sheriff in London and a jailer responded by burning their own property.

What the fuck is with Trump supporters and repeatedly destroying their own shit?

- - - Updated - - -

FYI - Trump's rally is playing Queen right now, "Nothing really maters...to meeeeeeeeeeeee"

For a bunch of homophobes, they sure do love them a legendary rock band fronted by a gay man.

10+ Year Old Account

@Green Jesus;
    @Hammerfest
    @YUPPIE
    @Zeth Hawkins
    @Pro-Violence
    @Thwart
    and anyone else I forgot to mention, what do you think about censuring those who called the election illegal, stolen or fake, who provided no evidence, who attacked democracy and who at least in part led to this murderous insurrection? As the new normal, take your time answering. We all know what silence means.
    Haven't seen TexasRules, DocSavageFan or Donatelli in a while

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I might have missed this somewhere along the line, and if so I apologize if it's already been brought up:

ONLY ONE PERSON SHOWED UP TO THE PRO-TRUMP PROTEST OUTSIDE TWITTER’S SAN FRANCISCO HQ
    No platforms = no influence.

Wonder if they will get the hint they are not a silent majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Well, that's still one more person than probably showed up for work at the building, right, so do they still get to claim that they "owned the libs"?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, that's still one more person than probably showed up for work at the building, right, so do they still get to claim that they "owned the libs"?
    I'm still sad Laura Loomer didn't show up to chain herself to the door in protest and...be left there looking like a fucking lunatic because Twitter doesn't care if a crazy lady chains herself to their front door.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    There were two counter-protesters there.