Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Especially this week with quaking. You hesitate at all and your dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i do PF multiple times every week and it has never happened to me, when people in my groups die they are clearly not properly positioned. Obviously, you don't understand the relationship between your characters hitbox and a ground effect.
    Lol cut the holier than thou shit. Obviously you don't understand your experience isn't the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You know what they say. 10% luck, 20% skill..
    40% aimbot, 30% team effort.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I only agree with the rain. Dodging is really simple tbh. It has finite patterns after all. Once you know them you knwo where to stand. The zombies don't have that much life. The rain is okish to handle as long as one person can constantly dispell. Otherwise yeah it is hard to heal.

But hey it is mythic+. Blizz concept is basically if you want to make it harder either make the tank move more or fuck up the healer with unavoidable stuff. Why add more mechanics people have to doge but don't take damage if they execute it correctly, amirightorwhat?

That is mostly the reason i very seldom push past 15. I just don't like the fact that at some point it just gets harder for the healer.
    Dps does Dps. Mechanics don't change after you get the last affix and you allready should do your max damage in the lower keys anyway.
    Tank mostly uses his CDs at the same point over the course of the instance. But a bit more variety with the changing affixes.
    Healer? Do more more more more more healing.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I only agree with the rain. Dodging is really simple tbh. It has finite patterns after all. Once you know them you knwo where to stand. The zombies don't have that much life. The rain is okish to handle as long as one person can constantly dispell. Otherwise yeah it is hard to heal.

But hey it is mythic+. Blizz concept is basically if you want to make it harder either make the tank move more or fuck up the healer with unavoidable stuff. Why add more mechanics people have to doge but don't take damage if they execute it correctly, amirightorwhat?

That is mostly the reason i very seldom push past 15. I just don't like the fact that at some point it just gets harder for the healer.
    Dps does Dps. Mechanics don't change after you get the last affix and you allready should do your max damage in the lower keys anyway.
    Tank mostly uses his CDs at the same point over the course of the instance. But a bit more variety with the changing affixes.
    Healer? Do more more more more more healing.

I play resto shaman, did +13 and no problems with Stradma so far, the worst nighmare and boss that i couldnt have one second of pause and coudlnt mess up was definetly Hakkar on tyrranical.

Stradama have one shot mechanics, but you have lot of time. mechanics are easy, the zombies can be kitee by dps or controlled and those tentacles is just learning thing. But i guess each healer class struggles againts something else, for me its hakkar.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Hardest mythic plus boss in the game
    With not one, not two, but THREE one shot mechanics in higher keys...

- Tentacles that one shot everyone that can't dance like a pro, And even Pros get hit sometimes especially with all the other overlaps

- 3 Zombies that melee for 40k on everyone but the Tank
    -> Require Super fast Tank pickup and super good dps.

- A soak (zombie Circle) that one shots the group, usually not a problem tho

- Poison Rain with 200k dmg with ONE cast WHILE the healer has to run away from Tentacles and Zombies in Phase 3

- The Tank can't even Kite the Zombies, if group dps is a little bit lower, because the Tank has to stay on the Boss!

- An Enrage in Phase 3 where everything comes together, she literally spams 200k Poison Rains while tentacles spawn so no chance to outheal it unless you have very big Cooldowns...

The Tank usually struggles to pick up the adds and not get one shot by everything
    The DPS struggle to kill everything fast enough and dance
    The Healer struggles to not get hit by zombies, dodge tentacles AND spam big healz while running to outheal the 200k Poison Rains

Yes if you have 7k dps per person the boss is easy, sadly 90% of random groups dont one shot this one...

This Boss, unless you have very high dps, a competent Tank AND Healer, is a Nightmare and the number one reason why i wont do any high Plaguefall Keys when there's Tyrannical, I dont know how many groups i had who cant kill this boss, be it +8 or +16.

Super annoying because this is the last boss, and if your group can't kill it and wipe a few times you basically lose an hour of your time.
    No other boss i can think of has an Enrage like this one.

If your key is high enough you probably won't kill this boss no matter how many tries you do.
    I watched some streams of +19 (Fortified) keys, because i wanted to know how a disc priest heals this:
    The answer is: He doesn't. He died 2 times in p3 with BREZ and the group somehow killed it fast enough...

Just Horrible, requires at least a 30% nerf on most abilities IMHO

Another fix would be to just fix Phase 3, No more Poison Rain + Tentacles at the same time...
    The boss is not a problem.

The trick is simply to control the rain. If you are standing still then the healer can handle the rain but if you push the boss into the intermission with full stacks of the rain then it becomes an issue. So you simply need to push the boss before the next rain or you’ll have to stop damage and delay the intermission untill the rain is finished and stacks are dropped. The last phase is not an issue with Hero and CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Then you use personal CDs, healer CDs, immunities, health pots, health stones. Or just generally press healing buttons.
    And thats the problem, you can't at one point.
    The fight is overtuned compared to every other fight in the game.

SNIP
    it got buffed, the splash from the tentacles is bigger now, so you cant tight nit it anymore like you could before.

The Infectious rain, no longer overlaps with the previous rain, this was the biggest wiper of EVERY group unless they had a paladin or priest or monk to deal with the disease.

the only other boss that is harder than this on higher keys on Tyrannical is the last boss in Theatre of Pain.
    The white swirlys the suck the charge and the caster adds all happen at the same time, so if you get RNG on a dps or a tank or a healer its a wipe.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe when it comes to boss fights, every fight have a specific thing that you have to master - lets call it the boss "focus".

When it comes to Margrave Stradama, the focus is clearly the tentacle slam. Its the unique and, to some extent, the fun thing about the fight. I believe that when you go +8 on mythic+, the slam should be a 1-shot without DefensiveCD. But everything else should not be as brutal as that.

I think it is a wrong boss design, if you die over and over again, despite doing the boss focus perfectly. The idea is, that the slams should be making the other mechanics harder to deal with, not that the other mechanics should be brutal even without it.

So yeah, i would agree, that the Plaque Rain needs a rather major nerf. Its supposed to be annoying, not the thing that kills you. And the adds should properly have an effect, that kills them over time, cause on higher M+, they really take the focus away from the boss way too much O.o

That aside, Margrave is one of my favorite fights in the SL and if they made it so, that she did not "disappear" during her slam phase, she would maybe be the best.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2021-01-12 at 09:33 AM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Hardest mythic plus boss in the game
    With not one, not two, but THREE one shot mechanics in higher keys...

- Tentacles that one shot everyone that can't dance like a pro, And even Pros get hit sometimes especially with all the other overlaps

- 3 Zombies that melee for 40k on everyone but the Tank
    -> Require Super fast Tank pickup and super good dps.

- A soak (zombie Circle) that one shots the group, usually not a problem tho

- Poison Rain with 200k dmg with ONE cast WHILE the healer has to run away from Tentacles and Zombies in Phase 3

- The Tank can't even Kite the Zombies, if group dps is a little bit lower, because the Tank has to stay on the Boss!

- An Enrage in Phase 3 where everything comes together, she literally spams 200k Poison Rains while tentacles spawn so no chance to outheal it unless you have very big Cooldowns...

The Tank usually struggles to pick up the adds and not get one shot by everything
    The DPS struggle to kill everything fast enough and dance
    The Healer struggles to not get hit by zombies, dodge tentacles AND spam big healz while running to outheal the 200k Poison Rains

Yes if you have 7k dps per person the boss is easy, sadly 90% of random groups dont one shot this one...

This Boss, unless you have very high dps, a competent Tank AND Healer, is a Nightmare and the number one reason why i wont do any high Plaguefall Keys when there's Tyrannical, I dont know how many groups i had who cant kill this boss, be it +8 or +16.

Super annoying because this is the last boss, and if your group can't kill it and wipe a few times you basically lose an hour of your time.
    No other boss i can think of has an Enrage like this one.

If your key is high enough you probably won't kill this boss no matter how many tries you do.
    I watched some streams of +19 (Fortified) keys, because i wanted to know how a disc priest heals this:
    The answer is: He doesn't. He died 2 times in p3 with BREZ and the group somehow killed it fast enough...

Just Horrible, requires at least a 30% nerf on most abilities IMHO

Another fix would be to just fix Phase 3, No more Poison Rain + Tentacles at the same time...
    Ive seen disc priests heal this on tyrannical +21. That should mean that 19 non-tyrannical is basically a "walk in the park". Its a shitty fight that needs some adjustment, but its by no means unfair. The fact that you need good dps/heal and tank is pretty neat imo.
    If you safe BL for the last phase and no1 gets murdered by tentacles it shouldn't be that hard. The rain is very foreseeable, that atleast plays into discis hands.
    I can see how its difficult on tyrannical weeks but on fortified ?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It helps a lot when dps classes cleanse the dot and misdirect the skeletons to the tank.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

If you think Stradama is hard how did you manage to kill hard bosses like Kobold Worker or lvl 5 boar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

I can't say I've really run into this issue from a tank or dps standpoint. The tentacles are highly telegraphed as to where and how they're going to smash. If you don't see the nameplate on the zombie indicating tank has aggro then don't hit it? You can spin around the whole room as long as there is no tentacle so you can kite the slow ass zombies. Only issue I can see is maybe the rain but ya could help your healer out and use personals. Honestly I've pugged this place 90% of the time and I can say 9/10 times it's the first boss that's the biggest issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    it got buffed, the splash from the tentacles is bigger now, so you cant tight nit it anymore like you could before.

The Infectious rain, no longer overlaps with the previous rain, this was the biggest wiper of EVERY group unless they had a paladin or priest or monk to deal with the disease.

the only other boss that is harder than this on higher keys on Tyrannical is the last boss in Theatre of Pain.
    The white swirlys the suck the charge and the caster adds all happen at the same time, so if you get RNG on a dps or a tank or a healer its a wipe.
    Yeah but they made the caster adds in Top absurdly easy to kill in some stealth nerf. Went in there last week and they more or less died in a global from cleave.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    Funny I thought Theatre of Pain's final boss was insanely harder than Plaguefall.
    That one has already been nerfed. Next in line should be this Stradama gurl, at least the rain part. It's ezpz with me (priest) and two pallies from my guild, but a !@#$show with almost any other comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Lol cut the holier than thou shit. Obviously you don't understand your experience isn't the only one.
    obviously you don't understand that YOUR shortcomings as a player are not indicitive of a system or mechanic needing to be nerfed or changed.

obviously you don't understand that YOUR shortcomings as a player are not indicitive of a system or mechanic needing to be nerfed or changed.
    Bro. Did you even watch the video that he posted. Can you explain to me what that player did wrong to get hit by those tentacles? What was his shortcoming? I eagerly await your deep insight haha.

I'm not claiming it happens a lot. Idk what causes it and I'm glad you haven't experienced it. Im just saying that there is a bug, however rare, that you can still die while in the safe zone. In my first post in this thread I discussed that its a cone, and that the dmg zone is bigger than the graphic. But even with all of this in mind, there are still some rare occurrences in which you just fuckin die to it for no real reason when you should've been safe.

Similar thing has happened in rare circumstances with the first boss of HoA.

Or you just want to respond again with "I am a great player and u suk lol"

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Bro. Did you even watch the video that he posted. Can you explain to me what that player did wrong to get hit by those tentacles? What was his shortcoming? I eagerly await your deep insight haha.

I'm not claiming it happens a lot. Idk what causes it and I'm glad you haven't experienced it. Im just saying that there is a bug, however rare, that you can still die while in the safe zone. In my first post in this thread I discussed that its a cone, and that the dmg zone is bigger than the graphic. But even with all of this in mind, there are still some rare occurrences in which you just fuckin die to it for no real reason when you should've been safe.

Similar thing has happened in rare circumstances with the first boss of HoA.

Or you just want to respond again with "I am a great player and u suk lol"
    what he did wrong was, knowing the fight can be "buggie" and that the damage is a "cone wider than the visual" and that the character hitbox is a circle slightly wider than the character model, was stand basically as close to the pool as possible. Notice the mf standing behind him lived. The guy who died did so on purpose for the purposes of his video and people like you eat that shit up. no nerf needed play the game right.

what he did wrong was, knowing the fight can be "buggie" and that the damage is a "cone wider than the visual" and that the character hitbox is a circle slightly wider than the character model, was stand basically as close to the pool as possible. Notice the mf standing behind him lived. The guy who died did so on purpose for the purposes of his video and people like you eat that shit up. no nerf needed play the game right.
    Yes and no. I agree wideo was made for the lolz. But Area Wider than Visual is a abomination that blizzard should have fixed years ago. There is no excuse for one shot mechanic being fuzzy.
    The game should be what you see, not what you must know to be slighly different than what you see.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Yes and no. I agree wideo was made for the lolz. But Area Wider than Visual is a abomination that blizzard should have fixed years ago. There is no excuse for one shot mechanic being fuzzy.
    The game should be what you see, not what you must know to be slighly different than what you see.
    ok... so weird hill to die on i guess... and thats exactly what youll do.

ok... so weird hill to die on i guess... and thats exactly what youll do.
    Don't bring others down to try and lift yourself up...you just feel worse, and now so do they. No one wins. Treat other like you treat your kids. It's flawed design and horrible technical implementation on Blizzards side.