Ex-Michigan Governor Snyder and others charged in Flint Water Scandal

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...arged-75204433

DETROIT -- The AP has learned ex-Michigan Gov. Snyder and others have been told they’re being charged in Flint water scandal.
    Not officially announced yet, but AP is reporting that former Gov. Snyder and others have been informed they'll be charged. It's frustrating it's taken this long, but there needs to be accountability for the members that poisoned their constituents by trying to save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...arged-75204433

Not officially announced yet, but AP is reporting that former Gov. Snyder and others have been informed they'll be charged. It's frustrating it's taken this long, but there needs to be accountability for the members that poisoned their constituents by trying to save a few bucks.
    Not really a lot to discuss yet. They haven't officially been charged and we don't even know exactly what they will be charged with. But it's something to keep an eye on for sure.

good they should be sentenced to drinking that water and only that tainted water for the rest of their lives....well for as short as it would be....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Better late than never I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Better late than never I guess.
    Yeah, holy shit, this might actually be viewed as progress. If they're guilty, I hope the evidence is conclusive enough to land them in jail with some seriously filthy-ass toilets.

Whoa...accountability? In the USA?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The situation in Flint was a fucking scandal. It always bothered me that until no one was held accountable. Fingers crossed this actually leads somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Whoa...accountability? In the USA?
    Sorta, it looks like only two people were charged with manslaughter if I heard the news bit on tv correctly.

hopefully there will be justice.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

BREAKING: A judge dismissed criminal charges against former Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder in the Flint water crisis.

It comes months after the state Supreme Court said indictments returned by a one-person grand jury were invalid.

Snyder also is the eighth person to have a Flint water case thrown out after the Supreme Court’s unanimous June opinion.

Genesee County Judge F. Kay Behm signed the order Wednesday, a day after the U.S. Senate approved her nomination to become a federal judge in eastern Michigan.

“The charges against (Snyder) were not properly brought and must be dismissed at this time,” Behm wrote.

Only one case remains pending in the water scandal, which not only exposed children to toxic lead but was blamed for nine deaths linked to an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease. Activists who believe crimes were committed are frustrated that no one has been locked up.

The Michigan attorney general’s office has desperately tried to keep the cases alive but so far has lost at every turn. Prosecutors have argued that the indictments could simply be turned into common criminal complaints in district court, but Behm and another judge have rejected that approach.
    So the one count was thrown out on some for not being brought on time? Was this intentional? Was this some technicality bs so they elite could get off.

Snyder acknowledged that state government had botched the water switch, especially regulators who didn’t require certain treatments. But his lawyers argued that criminal charges were the result of “political persecution” by the attorney general’s office.
    This is Snyder's lawyer but I am suspecting this is the case where in the closed door room they all agree that "hey we are the political elites here, we don't go after each other", the secret rule.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

A Republican going to jail for giving some poor and brown children lead poisoning? Not in America.