Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also speaking of Packers, Mike McCarthy has his new DC in Dallas.
    Dan Quinn.
    Yup.
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...69052924239878
    I wish the Dallas BROTHERSHIP!!! good luck. Pfft. I can see it....With the 1st pick in the 2022 NFL draft the Dallas Cowboys select....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    With the 1st pick in the 2022 NFL draft the Dallas Cowboys select....
    ...Tanner Morgan, QB, Minnesota.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    ...Tanner Morgan, QB, Minnesota.
    Wrong Texas team.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Pederson apparently not happy that he was constantly told what to do. Reading between the lines, that means some of the decisions that were made by the Eagles with regards to Quarterbacks and his staff were not his, while he did take the public heat for them.

Would not surprise me to see Pederson back somewhere soon. He might take a year off to compose himself, like some coaches do, but I fully expect some team to give him a shot, perhaps with more say in what happens to his team.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back to KC as our OC when Bieniemy leaves to be HC somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back to KC as our OC when Bieniemy leaves to be HC somewhere.
    Peterson? I'd be really surprised if a Super Bowl winning head coach took a coordinator position anywhere--maybe if it were his 2nd or 3rd post SB gig, but not only 3 years removed. Not that it's impossible, but I don't think that has ever even happened in the modern NFL (losers, yes, but not winners). But hey, I'll eat crow if it happens.

I guess both Bieniemy and Kafka could get HC gigs, but I thought the writing on the wall there was Kafka moving to OC?
    Last edited by Espo; 2021-01-12 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    24 hours after Pete Carroll saying it was ridiculous to think that there would be staffing adjustments, Brian Schottenheimer is jobless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    24 hours after Pete Carroll saying it was ridiculous to think that there would be staffing adjustments, Brian Schottenheimer is jobless.
    To the surprise of frankly nobody given how the offense fell off a cliff. Though if he's going to insist on a run-first offense with the way this team is built I don't know who he's going to get.

Maybe Bevell back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The Deshaun Watson situation is interesting because there’s essentially no way for the Texans to get equal value out of a trade. A young qb like him is worth what, 5, 6 first round picks? And any team that gives up that much has gutted their roster just as bad as the Texans did.

Seems like this unhappy marriage is gonna stay together until the kids graduate high school - I mean until the contract is nearly done.
    Frankly the one deal that might happen is the Watson for Tua & Picks one that floated around last week. And even then you're probably talking the Dolphins giving up Tua, the #3 pick (which they got from the Texans in the first place), and another 1st.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tua’s stock dropped immensely the last 5 games; talk of dolphins drafting a qb in the first again was a real debate, though their draft position might make that unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

There are probably what, 25? teams that would want Watson over their current QB. That helps trade value a lot.

The Dolphins would need to give up a lot more than Tua and 2 1sts.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Tua’s stock dropped immensely the last 5 games; talk of dolphins drafting a qb in the first again was a real debate, though their draft position might make that unlikely.
    Not even his last 5 games, he wasn't good in any of them outside of against Vance Joseph and garbage time Chiefs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel the worst for Fitzpatrick. They drop you in your best career year for the future and now the future is in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denver signs George Patton as their new GM. He's a former Vikings personnel guy.

They got that done fairly quick. I guess he was one of the top candidates for every team looking for a GM (except the Texans?), so hopefully it is a good thing.

If he doesn't like Drew Lock and sends him to the Texans or something and shoots Tom McMahon out of a cannon, I'll be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    They got that done fairly quick. I guess he was one of the top candidates for every team looking for a GM (except the Texans?), so hopefully it is a good thing.

If he doesn't like Drew Lock and sends him to the Texans or something and shoots Tom McMahon out of a cannon, I'll be happy.
    I feel like everyone in Denver's first question is "What will he do with Lock?" And given he came from Minnesota, I have my serious doubts he fixes the QB position.

I feel like everyone in Denver's first question is "What will he do with Lock?" And given he came from Minnesota, I have my serious doubts he fixes the QB position.
    Unless he manages to trade for Watson or Stafford, I doubt he would be able to for next season. The draft is way too much of a crap shoot, especially this year. The best QB is very rarely the first couple taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just love the irony of Elway being unable to help his team develop a quarterback.

Speaking of people that struggle to develop NFL caliber quarterbacks....

Jaguars are finalizing deal with coach Urban Meyer, according to NFL Network and ESPN

I'm betting Meyer lasts about as long as a Nick Saban or Steve Spurrier.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    At least he can point to migraines and fire himself when things go badly.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird that I have absolutely no opinion on the Meyer hire. Like his success feels entirely disconnected from his own quality as a coach. This is a team that's all about Trevor Lawrence.

Also hang on don't the Jags still have a GM position to fill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also hang on don't the Jags still have a GM position to fill?
    It's odd to me that some teams seem to be moving back to giving coaches control over the franchise, with GM's as just a guy that does draft/contract stuff.

Bill O'Brien got total control, the Panthers are searching for a GM to fit their coach, who seems to have a lot of say in things, and now the Jags are ready to hand over the franchise keys to their coach.

I thought that trend died out completely after people figured out that Belichick was an aberation and after Andy Reid left Philly and took up the KC job without going back to being coach/GM like he had been with the Eagles.

It's certainly one way to solve the kind of issues that the Eagles ran into, where there's constant friction between front office and coaching staff about who gets to decide on certain things. But as the Bill O'Brien experiment showed, too much control can backfire spectacularly.

The Bills hired Sean McDermott before Brandon Beane. It's not unheard of.

I'm more interested in Meyer can build a good roster with a salary cap. Never had to do that in college. Sure, he could recruit, but that's largely irrelevant here. I don't know anyone who's going to Jacksonville just because Meyer is coaching there.