Poll: Would you have voted for Hillary Clinton, given the chance to go back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Cant vote so other.

If I was us citizen I would get rid of that cancer citizenship as fast as I could. But if I couldn't id never vote in the US on the principle I belive a 2 party system is a sham of a democracy.

But Clinton would ofc have been better, even if you don't think she would be a good president, she would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    1) It was her job.

2) I seem to recall her trying to not be someone cunts defense lawyer, but was denied. Am I remembering this one wrong? Do correct me if I'm wrong. But even if this is all bullshit, see the previous point.

What, exactly, made her so bad a candidate? She could have run a better campaign, sure, but what made her a bad candidate otherwise? It always seem to boil down to "I hate her" or "pinched my nose while voting for her", but all for very flimsy reasons.
    I mean if you move past what I see as personal moral failing it is hard to look for the good in someone who champions things you don't believe in politically. I'm biased I can admit if she was pushing something I agree with while I would take not of her faults I would be more likely to overlook them

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean if you move past what I see as personal moral failing it is hard to look for the good in someone who champions things you don't believe in politically. I'm biased I can admit if she was pushing something I agree with while I would take not of her faults I would be more likely to overlook them
    Yeah based on your post history you're not one to judge anyone for moral failings.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah.

I geuss Hillary would've been better than Trump in terms of not being a protectionist but in terms of every other policy she would've been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nah.

I geuss Hillary would've been better than Trump in terms of not being a protectionist but in terms of every other policy she would've been worse.
    Leave policy aside for a second, and consider that America would have not been a shitshow reality series for the last 4 years had Trump not won. Almost every single controversial event would’ve been better handled. Pandemic, BLM protests, there would be no ‘StopTheSteal’ in 2020 (probably something equivalent in 2016). So yeah...

I mean, if I lived in the US with no prospects of being able to leave for a country with more political options... and if this was the 2016 election, with Trump as the opponent, then yes I'd vote for her.

As someone mentioned, her "deplorables" comment seemed unnecessary and unfair to me at the time but it seems that term has become more and more fitting, especially when you consider how many still voted for him again in 2020.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

You know, I don't think Hillary Clinton would have incited her supporters to riot in the capitol if she lost, so you know, points for being a normal sane choice for sane people who aren't fucking extremist nutbags. Source: her previous loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. She's fine, and a hell of a lot better than Trump, who has made America weaker than at any point in the last century - an undeniable fact, regardless of political stance. He's handed the world to China by hiring sycophants into important government roles and undermining the basis of our democracy for his own benefit (in addition to a laundry list of other shit). It will take a decade or more to restore America's greatness/power/image, if it's even possible at this point. I would vote for a fucking big mac over Donald Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I mean, if I lived in the US with no prospects of being able to leave for a country with more political options... and if this was the 2016 election, with Trump as the opponent, then yes I'd vote for her.

As someone mentioned, her "deplorables" comment seemed unnecessary and unfair to me at the time but it seems that term has become more and more fitting, especially when you consider how many still voted for him again in 2020.
    Indeed it's been revealed as a statement of fact. Deplorable, morally bankrupt pond scum.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes. She was my preference then and still is when compared to Trump. She was a decent candidate, but the silver lining of Trump's romp was exposing America's ugliest problems. Although they were always obvious, it's just the majority are finally starting to recognize what the rest of us already knew.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Hillary Clinton was one of the most controversial Democratic candidates in recent history
    Afraid I stopped reading here - Hillary Clinton was put up by establishment Democrats precisely because they thought she was the safest candidate they could find. The Republicans have dirt files - real or manufactured - on every likely Democratic political candidate of course, and partisan anger has gotten completely out of control in the last decade, so no matter who they put up they would've made out they were "controversial".

Obviously she was superior to Trump, but that's saying literally the least possible of a candidate. An infected fecal impaction would be a better President than Trump. More pleasant to look at, too.

Having said that, she seemed like a pretty dull and uninteresting candidate, just like Joe Biden. The establishment Dems are convinced this is a good thing. I no longer have any faith in that analysis.

Personally I wouldn't vote for her no, I wouldn't vote if I were American, except with my feet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    It was a huge understatement even at the time.

Really illustrated how tilted the media representation was, Donald Trump called his opponents (including those in his own party) every name under the sun, said all kinds of disgusting things, but apparently the hilariously Victorian word "deplorables" was enough to make Republicans swoon and wail and weep for civility lol.

Now the masks are fully off, and it's undeniable that these people are hateful, bigoted traitors to democracy. And that's me being polite about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nah.

List these policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Would you have voted for William Jennings Bryan? This is an equally relevant topic to the OP, and you could make exactly the same argument.
    Instead of who? McKinley? or Taft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at how Republicans talked about her when she was a NY senator, and seemed to have no plans of running for the presidency

then understand she would have been a fine president

she's one of those people that would do good at the job, but cant interview worth a damn
    with the added anchor of half the town trades vicious rumors about her cause she "didn't know her place"
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    Poll results seem to speak for itself on what people's perception of her was and is.

Biden might only be a hair better. The status quo and 'normalcy' are hardly appealing.
    Ya seems she won the poplar vote here as well as the 2016 election.

The status quo/normalcy is better than 4 years of bullshit ending with a Domestic Terrorist Attack on the capital caused by the big orange Hitler and his Republican shit bag lackeys'
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-01-12 at 10:27 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden might only be a hair better. The status quo and 'normalcy' are hardly appealing.
    Like smelling salt, am snapped back... What’s the hair difference?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-13 at 11:08 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Duplicate post. Feel free to delete.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2021-01-14 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    If I was us citizen I would get rid of that cancer citizenship as fast as I could. But if I couldn't id never vote in the US on the principle I belive a 2 party system is a sham of a democracy.
    My country has plenty of problems of its own, but Jesus am I glad we have preferential voting.

Not that that's really stopped the two-party system, but it's miles better than the alternative.

Poll results seem to speak for itself on what people's perception of her was and is.

Ahhhhh there it is, see the obvious passive aggressive seething, still, just like in my signature, that you as a pro trumper, lost to biden who makes you, well you can see it in your own words. It's okay, you only have to deal with Biden as president, for, well, at least 4 more years, enjoy that emotional state, I'm of the belief that liars should never be happy. Me on the other hand, am euphoric off your copium posts.

She can't hold a candle to Biden, she can be a total cunt at times, but you bet your ass I'd vote for for her.

I absolutely hated Democrats in 2016, partly because I watched a lot of Fox News from 2010 to 2016, partly because I wanted to please my Father-in-Law who is a very staunch Republican and partly because I was just really confused about where I really stand on the issues. At that time, I considered myself a Libertarian and had planned on voting for Gary Johnson until he started to make some pretty big gaffs. So I voted for Trump because I saw him as the lesser of two evils.

I realized my mistake when the travel bans started happening just after he took office in Jan. 2017. Since then my political ideology has moved from Right to Left. I still respect people on the right like Mitt Romney, George Conway, Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake, the Bush and McCain family, but you will probably never catch me voting for a Republican again unless the Democrats primary their own version of Trump.

I sure as hell will never vote for Greg Abbott, Dan Patrick, John Cornyn, Ted Cruz or Ken Paxton.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I still respect people on the right like Mitt Romney, George Conway, Ben Sasse, Jeff Flake, the Bush and McCain family
    So you are OK with cunts who start illegal wars that kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people, but you don't Trump because he's rude or some other fucking retarded reason?

This is why everyone fucking hates Americans. You get a lying sociopathic piece of shit like Trump and they somehow make him seem almost sympathetic by comparison by objecting to his half-hearted warmongering.

Please remove yourself from the gene poll. I hear a toaster in the bath is painless.