Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    what do you think about censuring those who called the election illegal, stolen or fake, who provided no evidence, who attacked democracy and who at least in part led to this murderous insurrection?
    Go ahead and censure those people if you think they exist. I know I would.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    RIGHT NOW-> Congresswoman Lauren Boebert, who has bragged about her desire to carry a weapon on Capital Hill is currently in a standoff with Capitol Police at the newly installed Metal Detectors outside the chamber doors.

An effin moron! For people not familiar, she made a video just a few days before insurrection carrying a weapon into Congress. She is a Qannon crazy shit, who owns some open carry themed restaurant..lul.

Plus she tweeted Pelosi's location during insurrection.
    its a dumb stunt theres about 10 of them doing it apparently. https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status...57235843358720

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its a dumb stunt theres about 10 of them doing it apparently. https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status...57235843358720
    Man, it must be nice for the cops to not treat you as a peaceful Black protester when you're literally circumventing security measures put in place after the Capitol building was violently stormed by people trying to literally kidnap and kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask but if another insurrection happens on Capital Hill who is she going to shoot?
    Well, if the part of her tweeting out Pelosi's location during the terrorist attack is true and her other stuff, probably Pelosi, Schumer, and anyone else with a D beside their name that she can target if she thinks she can get away with it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    Now that he will be officially leaving in a week, I can say that he wasn't fit. I mean, worldwide he's known as a president with a negative reputation.

I couldn't understand how he had such a huge following of devotees. He was so comedic in tweets, you couldn't take him seriously, he turned against his own friends, narcissistic, weird in general, trying to buy masses with financial promises without trying to solve issues

Anyway, I will say that the office of a president should be honored. I think I've used 'Cheetos' to describe him at some point, it wasn't respectful but yes, he does have a weird fake tan that doesn't suit him
    There are about 3 reasons why someone would support Trump and none of them are excusable.

1) Blind partisanship. A lot of people do this. These party loyalists simply vote for whoever their party puts up.

2) Angry but misguided/low information voters. These people have legit grievances but the process and act on those grievances the wrong way. They may share the same concerns and want to same ends as left-leaning colleagues. Let's say better wages for the working class. They are fed up with the status quo and listen to the most charismatic outsider to come their way. Unfortunately, a lot of these people were taken advantage of and duped - some are redeemable and others have so little faith in 'the process' that they don't trust anyone who might try to steer them into a more productive direction.

3) Deplorables. The selfish, the bigots, the 'burn it all down' people. These are your rich people who don't care about the rest of the country, only that they get their tax cuts. The people believe Trump is the herald of their nationalist/racists ideology. And finally the ones who just want to chaos sown throughout the country.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

222,121 new cases is roughly 12.5k fewer than last Tuesday but does not include totals from three states who are late in reporting. The end result will probably be around 7k fewer.

Top 10:

California: 42,835 new cases; 604 deaths
    Texas: 26,947 new cases; 305 deaths
    New York: 15,040 new cases; 208 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Georgia: 9,193 new cases; 187 deaths (new record)
    Arizona: 8,559 new cases; 335 deaths (new record)
    Ohio: 7,981 new cases; 112 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 7,260 new cases; 229 deaths
    North Carolina: 6,851 new cases; 60 deaths
    Illinois: 6,642 new cases; 134 deaths

Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, Oregon and D.C all had new records (some asterisked because of previous highs inflated by corrections).

I'm not overly optimistic about the new case total being a bit lower since I'm fairly convinced last Tuesday's numbers were still a bit of a correction from the holidays. We'll see how it bears out during the week. Most of the country apart from Hawaii is listed as either "active/imminent outbreak" or "severe outbreak". Total hospitalizations isn't improving in many areas and in others it's downright terrifying. Which is why the next set of numbers keeps getting uglier...

4,259 deaths is nearly 500 more than last Tuesday and brings the total to 389,599. We've blown past 4k already this week and 5k doesn't look so far away anymore. The 7-day average continues to skyrocket after the holidays. 13 states reported triple-digit death totals.

Related news:

The US will require a negative COVID-19 test from international travelers starting January 26--Not sure why they're making such a big fuss about it since it's just one guy coming in from China, but okay. Besides, who the fuck wants to come to the US right now?

The US has averaged more than 3,000 Covid-19 deaths a day over the past week--Those of us who have been following it already knew this, but this is confirmation for those that didn't.

Mexico sees U.S. tourist bump amid Covid pandemic surge--One wonders if they brought blankets to hand out while they were at it.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN is reporting that if McConnell backs convicting Trump, it's all but guaranteed that Trump will be convicted by the Senate, as McConnell would see impeachment & conviction as a way of starting to purge Trump and Trumpism from the GOP.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    CNN is reporting that if McConnell backs convicting Trump, it's all but guaranteed that Trump will be convicted by the Senate, as McConnell would see impeachment & conviction as a way of starting to purge Trump and Trumpism from the GOP.
    It’s a smart move... and I really don’t care that it looks like GOP saving face... If democrats could get everything they want and the only punishment is making republicans look good... sign me up...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s a smart move... and I really don’t care that it looks like GOP saving face... If democrats could get everything they want and the only punishment is making republicans look good... sign me up...
    It's in the GOPs best interests. Their hope would probably be that convicting Trump would get corporate America to open its wallet back up to the GOP, for one. Second, convicting him and then barring him from ever holding office again after would keep Trump from being able to freeze the 2024 GOP nominee field in place by toying with running for a second term.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    It's in the GOPs best interests. Their hope would probably be that convicting Trump would get corporate America to open its wallet back up to the GOP, for one. Second, convicting him and then barring him from ever holding office again after would keep Trump from being able to freeze the 2024 GOP nominee field in place by toying with running for a second term.
    I totally get it and in that sense it sucks... but, if it means Trump is impeached, I don’t mind.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    The Democrats and mainstream media were repeating over and over again for a few years how the 2016 elections were stolen by Russia.

I don't have much of an opinion on it, except for being able to observe that both sides aren't treated equally in the mainstream media for their misdeeds. The USA is just divided between two conservative factions. Each pumps tons of money into media to keep polarizing their own base. One side which appears a bit nicer and does a lot more posturing than the other side which seems to think they're outright cartoon villains.

Also, I remember getting infracted in the past on this forum for calling the Repulican Party semi-terrorists and extremists. But now everyone is doing it. It appears as if MMOC is just a few years behind on the things I observe.
    Oh hey cool you're lying. The only person who alleged fraud in in 2016 was Trump. Now I know this is a cool line you guys like to parrot without thinking about it, interference happened in 2016. The DNC was hacked and the emails were released. These are facts. The twitter comment you quote, which I'll just figure is real, does not question the results of the election it's dated months after the certification of results. Instead it is likely related to the increasingly disturbing information we were learning about the connections between the Trump campaign and Russia.

And then you lie again, people are calling terrorists terrorists, and the people who repeated a lie that inflamed those terrorists are being called out on it. That is simply not the same thing as a sweeping insult on an entire party that didn't uniformly deserve it.

I don't care how it happens I just want Trump Impeached fully or 25th.

Even if it makes the GOP look good in the end, Doing so sets a clear precedent on what will happen if you try this shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Virtue signaling... call a spade, a spade... I had a metal detector in my HS... tough shit...

Why the fuck some house members are so fucking stupid/partisan?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt they are just con artist playing the part but it’s most likely they are stupid.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2021-01-13 at 03:10 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Objectively, it's pretty amazing they can be this stupid/partisan. Gym Jordan is a prime example. The willful ignorance and 100% embracement of conspiracy theories while not only holding a seat in the House of Representatives, but solidly holding onto it just beyond insane. That being said, I would throw out a guess that perhaps all elected bodies of history carry their outlier people who fall into this category.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Objectively, it's pretty amazing they can be this stupid/partisan. Gym Jordan is a prime example. The willful ignorance and 100% embracement of conspiracy theories while not only holding a seat in the House of Representatives, but solidly holding onto it just beyond insane. That being said, I would throw out a guess that perhaps all elected bodies of history carry their outlier people who fall into this category.
    I Heard a Gym Jordan talk for a few seconds, and now i think that him being a representative is a crime against humanity.

Edit: Why the fuck is he whining about the requirement of using a facemask? During a deadly pandemic? Has his brain turned to mush because of the fumes inhaled while kissing Trump's ass?
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2021-01-13 at 03:22 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    Now that he will be officially leaving in a week, I can say that he wasn't fit. I mean, worldwide he's known as a president with a negative reputation.

I couldn't understand how he had such a huge following of devotees. He was so comedic in tweets, you couldn't take him seriously, he turned against his own friends, narcissistic, weird in general, trying to buy masses with financial promises without trying to solve issues

Anyway, I will say that the office of a president should be honored. I think I've used 'cheetos' to describe him at some point, it wasn't respectful but yes, he does have weird fake tan that doesn't suit him
    respect is something that has to be earned and there is no job title, nor anything else, that puts somebody above criticism. the position was not honoured by the person sworn into it and he did absolutely nothing to earn respect, so don't feel bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    4,259 deaths
    Yeah...remember when everyone was saying "we'll see 4,000 plus deaths for a while" and they were right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask but if another insurrection happens on Capital Hill who is she going to shoot?
    Nobody. It's a fashion accessory, she's only allowed to have it in Congress unloaded.

As near as I can tell her entire political platform boils down to, "I'm a 4'2" spitfire who loves guns and owns a gun themed restaurant!"

She can't bring her restaurant with her to DC, so without the gun she's just a shrimpy Karen that looks like she thinks playful punches are cute but she does it too hard and it gets really fucking annoying.