Poll: Do you like Anduin and Jaina?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do most Alliance and Horde players like or dislike Anduin Wrynn and Jaina Proudmoore?

Anduin and Jaina are several of the most iconic and formidable Alliance leaders -- the King of Stormwind and the Lord-Admiral of Kul Tiras -- and they have constantly strove for peace between the Alliance and the Horde players. Both have undergone significant character development over several expansions, and have become controversial among their people and others for their actions and inaction.

They both genuinely seem to desire lasting peace and mutual co-existence, despite having made various mistakes in their pasts and possessing various character flaws and weaknesses -- but what do most Alliance and Horde players think about them in particular? Do most Alliance and Horde players generally like Anduin? Do most people like or despise and mistrust Jaina, despite her apparent personality change in the recent expansion? What is the consensus -- if any?
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-01-13 at 10:29 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed feelings. Both have made judgements both I found fair and wrong.

I tend to hold a bit more leniency for Jaina after all that she has go through but at times she makes mistakes and frankly ruined chances to otherwise mend bridges.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have much problem with Anduin, and right now i dislike Jaina a lot

the problem is how i don't fucking want do quests with then, help then or anything related to then, i didn't sight for alliance, i don't want alliance races near me

Playing alliance i give two shits about Baine and care little for thrall, only having respect for he due to cataclysm, but again, im a worgen/dwarf, i don't want to play or help horde races.

Wow writers dumbly assume we, as entire playerbase, like and want to follow those fuckeheads, regardless of factions, because they are presented as "peace heroes", i miss the old days when quests were mirroed, so we didn't had to interact with the others, now apparently everyone know orcish and common.

I would be totally fine if Horde saved Baine and thrall and alliance going for Anduin and Jaina, Mirrored quests

I'm primarily Alliance. Have been since Vanilla (with the exception of my interest in Troll and Tauren). I can't say I hate them, but I truly couldn't care less about their story. I find both characters pretty boring. That's mostly because I'm salty about Humans stealing the spotlight from the potential of other races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Jaina but I'm starting to get sick of this naive little Anduin...like he absolutely has to forgive everyone no matter how bad they are

7+ Year Old Account
    Dislike them both, but due to different motives

Anduin is an ok character, but the writers seem focused on making the universe bend to his wishes

Jaina was a good character but had so many ups and downs that I just cant stand her anymore.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm OK with Anduin, and used to feel sorry for Jaina. That was, until she went batshit crazy and turned the Kiryn Tor into an alliance front when they were supposed to be neutral.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Overall I enjoy Jaina's narrative; Dalaran still feels a bit severe, but beyond that, I have no real gripes. I have no problem with Anduin specifically but more the way the game and the players seem to treat him as incapable of doing wrong; Tyrande seems the only person immune to this phenomenon. I'd really like to see Anduin challenged, but the world itself doesn't really do that; whenever an obstacle appears, someone else takes care of it for him. For that reason, I don't really enjoy his narrative arcs and would much prefer to see a change in the story surrounding him or see him set aside for other characters.

Why doesn't the Horde tell Valeera to assassinate Tyrande?

I'm Alliance. On the whole I like them both. I did find Jaina's emo phase from MoP to Legion to be eye-rolling, but whatever else you can say about BFA at least it was a return to form for her.

Generally, though, I don't hold characters accountable for bad writing. Anduin is always gonna be the guy advocating for peace even when the Horde's on it's fourth genocide and that's pretty dumb, but if it wasn't him, it'd be someone else. It's more a problem with Blizzard's bizarre insistence on repeatedly having faction wars that can't go anywhere than it is with Anduin (or anyone else) as a character.

Dislike doesn't properly state me feelings toward either of these characters.

Honestly I sat through the first part of the shadowlands story thinking "why do i need to help these people?" Not a damn one of them were beneficial to anything I cared about before and only showed up causing trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Might have a better chance telling Shaw to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them both, they ain't perfect but they ain't the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Tyrande is powered by god juice right now. That's like you running up on Mike Tyson....do you think you can beat Mike Tyson Gurutikka?

Also Veleera ain't horde.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2021-01-13 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Overall I enjoy Jaina's narrative; Dalaran still feels a bit severe, but beyond that, I have no real gripes. I have no problem with Anduin specifically but more the way the game and the players seem to treat him as incapable of doing wrong; Tyrande seems the only person immune to this phenomenon. I'd really like to see Anduin challenged, but the world itself doesn't really do that; whenever an obstacle appears, someone else takes care of it for him. For that reason, I don't really enjoy his narrative arcs and would much prefer to see a change in the story surrounding him or see him set aside for other characters.
    The thing I really didn't get about the Dalaran thing was WHY they let Jaina do it. The city was cofounded by the elves, it only exists in the first place between elves shared arcane magic with humans. And not once but twice they were willing to allow the elves to be slaughtered without raising an objection. Imagine you're an elf who's lived in Dalaran for your many centuries of life. And this girl who would barely be considered more than an infant to your race is telling you to leave or be locked up.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Anduin and Jaina are the most iconic and formidable Alliance leaders -- the King of Stormwind and the Lord-Admiral of Kul Tiras -- and they have constantly strove for peace between the Alliance and the Horde players. Both have undergone significant character development over several expansions, and have become controversial among their people and others for their actions and inaction.

They both genuinely desire lasting peace and mutual co-existence -- but what do most Alliance and Horde players think about them in particular? Do most Alliance and Horde players generally like Anduin? Do most people like or despise and mistrust Jaina? What is the consensus -- if any?
    WoW has had tens of millions of players over the course of its lifespan, how are we supposed to know how 'most' players feel about anything?

Not being a smartass to you, but I'm just perplexed at how often people throw 'most players' or 'the majority of players' around. Factor in the tiny % of players who actively use forums like these (less than 1%) and there's simply no way of knowing how that many players feel.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    I dislike both of them, because I hate those Mary Sue types. Jaina is a ~40 years old lady who for some reason mops the floor with every other spellcaster in Azeroth, surpassing even Blood Elf magisters who have been honing their magical skills for literally millennia, or Draenei who are even older, and described as one of the most intelligent races to ever exist. She had an interesting development in MoP, only for Blizzard to chicken out in BfA and reset her to factory settings.

And Anduin... Don't even get me started. At least Jaina has been allowed to make mistakes - and I mean ACTUAL mistakes, with tangible consequences for her. But the Golden Boi is never wrong, doesn't have any actual flaws (i.e. traits that prevent him from reaching his goals), can talk himself out of any problem in 5 minutes or less, and anyone who doesn't agree with him is immediately tagged as edgy/unreasonable/evil, i.e. a textbook Mary Sue.

PS: even if they were much more likeable characters instead of annoying author mouthpieces heroes of Azeroth, it wouldn't change the fact that I don't want to do quests for #$&@ing Alliance characters ffs. That's why I rolled Horde, NOT Alliance.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-01-13 at 05:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Truth is I just don't care that much. Occasionally they come together and make a half decent little story. When that happens I am ok with it. But I feel no real loyalty, draw, or desire to see more nor do I get annoyed with them being on the screen. Its normally just a few moments of something happening that is so disconnected either by time gating or lack of depth on a writing level within the game that I just watch on for the few minutes it rolls and am done with it. I don't mean any hate about it either. I just don't connect so I just let it slide.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like both Characters. But I might be biased toward Jaina cause you know. Huge crush on her, and her VA Laura Bailey... Fuck Travis is a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Anduin and Jaina are the most iconic and formidable Alliance leaders -- the King of Stormwind and the Lord-Admiral of Kul Tiras -- and they have constantly strove for peace between the Alliance and the Horde players. Both have undergone significant character development over several expansions, and have become controversial among their people and others for their actions and inaction.

They both genuinely desire lasting peace and mutual co-existence -- but what do most Alliance and Horde players think about them in particular? Do most Alliance and Horde players generally like Anduin? Do most people like or despise and mistrust Jaina? What is the consensus -- if any?
    I like Jaina a lot, especially since BfA, Anduin i'm more ambiguous about but i don't dislike him.

But do keep in mind that this is characters in a story, i have no qualms about fighting them as Horde.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The thing I really didn't get about the Dalaran thing was WHY they let Jaina do it. The city was cofounded by the elves, it only exists in the first place between elves shared arcane magic with humans. And not once but twice they were willing to allow the elves to be slaughtered without raising an objection. Imagine you're an elf who's lived in Dalaran for your many centuries of life. And this girl who would barely be considered more than an infant to your race is telling you to leave or be locked up.
    Yeah, Aethas' reaction to the banishment seemed more than reasonable: a moment of disbelief, which Jaina then immediately escalated to imprisonment and assassination. However, there are two factions of elves in Dalaran who can't stand one another. While the Sunreavers are long-time residents, so are the Silver Covenant, and they seem more than happy to lock up their kin. Heck, in WotLK, they were wanting to feed Sunreavers to yeti. When one has the support of half the people, one can get away with a lot, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I like both Characters. But I might be biased toward Jaina cause you know. Huge crush on her, and her VA Laura Bailey... Fuck Travis is a lucky man.
    Travis is a lucky man, though honestly Laura's also a lucky woman. I love both of them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Yeah, Aethas' reaction to the banishment seemed more than reasonable: a moment of disbelief, which Jaina then immediately escalated to imprisonment and assassination. However, there are two factions of elves in Dalaran who can't stand one another. While the Sunreavers are long-time residents, so are the Silver Covenant, and they seem more than happy to lock up their kin. Heck, in WotLK, they were wanting to feed Sunreavers to yeti. When one has the support of half the people, one can get away with a lot, unfortunately.
    I'd completely forgotten about the Silver Covenant. Sadly that's another case of holier than thou thinking like the one which drove the nightborne to join the Horde.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.